A sad day- Real life stuff

crazycrew

Let's Start A Riot
Oct 3, 2009
S. Louisiana
Sorry to hear that he has gone, but it's also great to know that others will be able to live on because of your family, especially your brother's, selflessness.

Y'all are still in our prayers.

RedHotGMC

stock
Jan 16, 2012
Northern Utah
So sorry about all that your family has gone through, like posted above families wont be able to thank you enough for the donor organs. My niece recieved a heart transplant at 3 and it is something we are so thankful for. my prayers will be with your family and hopefully your family is recovering well.

mb1

Nov 15, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
Dad knows now......took it very well.

But the organ donor company called my brother. In less than 24 hours....4 organs have been used.

Gabes heart went to south Carolina and 3 other things were used in the same hospital he was in.....

So that's damn awesome to me.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

God Bless your family for thinking of others at this time.

RIP Gabe.

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
Funeral was today, brother wanted me to be a pallbearer. He had a few of his buddies from his unit there also. So the wedding procession was all military with me leading.

I've done many of ramp ceremonies overseas, and this one was 500% worse.....

The day in itself was a "movie" funeral. It started raining as soon as we got there. Just a very gloomy day, both weather and emotionally.

Wanna give a personal thank everyone again for all the thoughts, donations, and even the flowers that were sent to the funeral. It really means so much to us. There was over $2,000 sent in less than week from 50 people.

It's kinda funny, but I had planned on matching whatever was received......I did what I could, but there was no way I could match that.

Again thank you everyone. I will never be able to thank everyone enough.

We had a bit of conflict per say in the planning/execution of the wake/funeral from the grandfather. My brother was left out of alot of things/speeches, but a conversation for another day.

But here a news clip of the grandfather and news team talking about Gabe.

http://www.wsiltv.com/news/local/Gabriels-Gift-Jackson-Co-Family-Encourages-Organ-Donation-155854875.html

Duramax5

duramax freak
Sep 15, 2011
West Texas
My son just turned a year Sunday, I love him more then words can describe n can't imagine what yall r goin thru..... But rest easy knowing he's in a better place, God bless.

Bobo

Aug 27, 2006
So sorry to hear this terrible news. It's just so unthinkable....so unreal......and I want to express my greatest sympathies to your family. RIP Gabe. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
My brother got a letter in the mail today from the Organ donor company.

256387_408706159192612_1774674914_o.jpg

c2500dmax

God Is Good M.M.
Jun 6, 2010
nc
im so sorry for your familys loss.....you all will be in my prayers...i also believe that things happen for a reason and i firmly believe that God knew that little Gabriel could help and save those 4 little childrens and bless them with life there are many things that we don't understand and never will we just have to put our trust and hope in Jesus Christ if you need anything just shoot me a pm and again im praying for you all

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
To see he lives on in others who may not have had the chance to keep living on is so cool. Its still a very sad situation but hope that.can bring a little peace to you and your brother

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
That's amazing. Brings a tear to my eye. I still think about this randomly from time to time for some reason. Just impacted me for some reason. Broke my heart. :(

The other event on here w/ the guy who took custody of his niece who was violently molested by her own mom & dad crosses my mind often too but he hasn't offered up an update & I'm too afraid to ask since its so deeply personal.

KEVINL

Jul 4, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
That is the only solace you can have from something like that happening. You are still going to be heartbroken but it prevented other families from enduring the same pain

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
I thought it was really cool. From what the lady told us, they actually give my brothers name, address, and phone number to the parents of the other children as well.