LB7: 11.54 @ 118 mph first runs on new motor

SteveFord

What's Next?
May 8, 2008
Iowa
:) That is what I would prefer to see,I Dont doubt your numbers at all I was more interested in seeing what it works like on other trucks in other parts of the country.
Sorry I thought that was the point of what Tommy asked:confused:

Yep best way to end the talk. Oh and the da calculator put that track at 45 feet above sea level:eek:

Drholliday

May 28, 2008
Gresham, OR
That 45 feet is defiently hurting them by at least .01 tho. :D

We'd have to drive over 4 hours to find a track thats not winthin a couple hundered feet of sea level. Our home track, Coastal Plains is 15ft above sea level.

My best run was a 12.42 at coastal plains on 10/03/2008 the DA was -111 ft. 57.9* and 87% humidity.

My best run the night we went to Kinston was 12.46 the DA was 214 ft. 59* and 88% humidity. Along with 3 other 12.4x runs and one 12.50 run.

It just proves our trucks are consistent with similar conditions on different tracks.

We don't need to find a higher track to compare tunes, and the whole tuning some one else truck can go both ways. Some one could send us a race tune or ECM to run... probably on my truck b/c its the only stock one in the group, and see how it runs in comparison. But then we run into the whole biased thing although I would run it for all its worth and if its faster I'd admit it. I still wanna see a third party get involved and see what the outcome is.

Although I am thinking about taking off half my lugs and my center caps to help save a little weight... might even try to fill the tires with helium :D:rofl:

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
We'd have to drive over 4 hours to find a track thats not winthin a couple hundered feet of sea level. Our home track, Coastal Plains is 15ft above sea level.

My best run was a 12.42 at coastal plains on 10/03/2008 the DA was -111 ft. 57.9* and 87% humidity.

My best run the night we went to Kinston was 12.46 the DA was 214 ft. 59* and 88% humidity. Along with 3 other 12.4x runs and one 12.50 run.

It just proves our trucks are consistent with similar conditions on different tracks.

We don't need to find a higher track to compare tunes, and the whole tuning some one else truck can go both ways. Some one could send us a race tune or ECM to run... probably on my truck b/c its the only stock one in the group, and see how it runs in comparison. But then we run into the whole biased thing although I would run it for all its worth and if its faster I'd admit it. I still wanna see a third party get involved and see what the outcome is.

Although I am thinking about taking off half my lugs and my center caps to help save a little weight... might even try to fill the tires with helium :D:rofl:

If you have the balls, send the tune out to someone. if you don't, then STFU. Stop the talk and walk the walk. SHOW US.

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
If the tuning is good enough, then there should be no problem with sending it out for testing right?

Send it to more than one person so we dont have to deal with altitude and weight differences.

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
I'll call Justin tomorrow and see if he's up for it. Not sure what his altitude is but know his best time is 12.60. Also I trust him to be un-biased.

No offense Chris (Neens) but but that is what I was thinking, give me a call and we'll discuss working this thing out. I pick up on your sarcasm and jokes now and then but with typing it's hard to know what tone you would have said it with.

Skintback - your truck is a freak, lol, and I'm not the only person I've seen post that. But in all seriousness all this is about our stock turbo LBZ tune.

Last edited:

The Neens

BFD
Staff member
Aug 10, 2006
Monrovia, Ca.
No offense Chris (Neens) but but that is what I was thinking, give me a call and we'll discuss working this thing out. I pick up on your sarcasm and jokes now and then but with typing it's hard to know what tone you would have said it with.

What's your number?

Nevermind, I found it ;):D

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Does that mean Tommy wont be able to test it?:( When Tommy tests thing he posts the good the bad and the ugly! Why couldnt he test it?

I just thought it would be nice to see someone else in another part of the country try your tunes:) Ive sent tunes all over the world and they do seem to react different even a little bit......But im no expert tuner either:baby:

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
The problem with this being done on Tommy's truck is that his truck isn't set up like any truck we've tune. No other dual fueler, stock turbo, built bottom end, cam, 40 over pistons (what compression ratio), valve job LMM trucks exist as far as I know. It would take a few test and tune sessions on the street to get it close, then a few more at the track to get it dialed in the rest of the way. I'm not gonna send out a shot in the dark tune to prove our tuning.

Like I said, Justin's (DirtyMax) truck is set up similar to Chris's (DrHolliday) truck and the tune straight off Chris's truck should work well on it. Chris's (Neens) truck is also set up about the same (as far as I know).

LB7Diesel

Oh Boy!
Sep 3, 2006
Melbourne, F.L.
So let me get this straight, Dustin has a LLY with 90 over's, 70mm cheetah, and a LBZ cp that run's 12.36's. Mr surf-n-turf has a stock LLY running 12'39's. And Doc holliday has a stock LBZ running 12.39's. Were all these trucks stripped down with just a 5 gallon bucket for a driver's seat? Was the bed left on the truck? And were you wearing flip flops? Just wondering why Dustin has so much more done to the truck with no result's to show for them:confused:

ChevyDieselLLY

Whats A Budget???
Apr 1, 2008
MI, NC, now Hawaii
So let me get this straight, Dustin has a LLY with 90 over's, 70mm cheetah, and a LBZ cp that run's 12.36's. Mr surf-n-turf has a stock LLY running 12'39's. And Doc holliday has a stock LBZ running 12.39's. Were all these trucks stripped down with just a 5 gallon bucket for a driver's seat? Was the bed left on the truck? And were you wearing flip flops? Just wondering why Dustin has so much more done to the truck with no result's to show for them:confused:

Dustin has 40% injectors. all that has been off the trucks (Dustin's and Chris's) are front seat and back seat and no spare tire. and Chris has only ran a best of 12.4x the last i knew might be wrong or missed it.

looking forward to see how the tuning goes. id also like to see how DA tunes do out west seeing how i will most likely never make it out there to run my truck.

on Edit - Dustin didnt have his truck for very long before all the mods he has were done. so that may be one reason why you are seeing close number with him and Chris. and you can only push a stock motor so hard when thats all you have to drive.

Last edited:

Pville

Winston Griffin Hauling
Jul 3, 2008
Pollocksville, NC
Dustin is still limited by the lbz pump...granted it puts out more pressure, he has pretty much reached his limit on that pump. The injectors took care of that :D He runs a shorter pulse width to avoid losing rail pressure. That's why the videos you see of his truck there is no smoke coming out while he is going down the track.

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
Does that mean Tommy wont be able to test it?:( When Tommy tests thing he posts the good the bad and the ugly! Why couldnt he test it?

I just thought it would be nice to see someone else in another part of the country try your tunes:) Ive sent tunes all over the world and they do seem to react different even a little bit......But im no expert tuner either:baby:

I'm anxious to see this too. Ever since we had the Banks infomercial that said their tuner beat the PPE, Edge, etc and we all wanted to set up our own unbiased test. Any other tuners want a piece of the action on the same truck?? PPE, Duramaxtuner, Moonshine, McRat....

There should also be no data logging of any tunes tested. We all know what can happen.:rolleyes:

DA might want to modify their website - Fastest stock motor LBZ in the country?? I think it is the fastest stock turbo to date, but I saw an 11.55 a few weeks back on a stock motor LBZ.;)

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
The problem with this being done on Tommy's truck is that his truck isn't set up like any truck we've tune. No other dual fueler, stock turbo, built bottom end, cam, 40 over pistons (what compression ratio), valve job LMM trucks exist as far as I know. It would take a few test and tune sessions on the street to get it close, then a few more at the track to get it dialed in the rest of the way. I'm not gonna send out a shot in the dark tune to prove our tuning.

Like I said, Justin's (DirtyMax) truck is set up similar to Chris's (DrHolliday) truck and the tune straight off Chris's truck should work well on it. Chris's (Neens) truck is also set up about the same (as far as I know).

:rofl:

Send it to chris I will video the runs