LBZ: Trans kit

Muff

Just Learning
Oct 7, 2013
Butler, Pa
Well im waiting for the suncoast kit to get here i went with raybestos clutches. SUPER PUMPED. Anybody have any other assembly tips? Any good tech tips?

03spoolindmax

Nov 9, 2011
Mi
Check everything atleast twice before you go into the next step :D

I had George from suncoast piece me together a kit using alto and raybestos clutches for different clutch packs. Also not using the thin kolene steels for my c2s. Got new factory steels so they don't destroy my drum.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Well im waiting for the suncoast kit to get here i went with raybestos clutches. SUPER PUMPED. Anybody have any other assembly tips? Any good tech tips?

X2 I kept with the Altos though. Sounds like they are busy as crap. I think everyone is ordering cause of the price increase next month.

Personally I have been reading and studying my atg book, reading about Allison build failures to see what went wrong and the cause. Also printed off the suncoast info. Now I am trying to find out where to buy the good assembly lube.

Muff

Just Learning
Oct 7, 2013
Butler, Pa
X2 I kept with the Altos though. Sounds like they are busy as crap. I think everyone is ordering cause of the price increase next month.

Personally I have been reading and studying my atg book, reading about Allison build failures to see what went wrong and the cause. Also printed off the suncoast info. Now I am trying to find out where to buy the good assembly lube.

Ya the doode said they were swampedddd. The prices will prob drop in april you watch! I need to get a allison book.

Muff

Just Learning
Oct 7, 2013
Butler, Pa
Transmissions been back in the truck for about 3 weeks now. Shifts amazing on a stock tcm tune with raised shift points. I installed the georend pto covers, and upgraded the c3 clutches to the new pinwheels clutches Mike had advised. George at suncoast was a big help with piecing my kit together. Everybody else at suncoast was a joke, terrible customer service. If it wasn't for George taking such good care of me I'd never order from them again.

Thanks for all the info and advice guys.

dirtracer347

May 23, 2014
Ky
Anyone care to shed some light on these new pinwheel c3 clutches? I'll be ordering a kit next week looking to get the best I can for holding 800hp and never plan to go over 550. Never hurts to be a little overkill.

03spoolindmax

Nov 9, 2011
Mi
Muff are these the clutches you were talking about?

I kind of have to agree with you about suncoast. The only helpful person there was George. He took the time to piece my kit together for me. If it wasn't for him I wouldn't of got those clutches for my c3s. Everyone else told me they wouldn't sell me them.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 99

DaJokr

Slum Lord Extraordinaire
Mar 7, 2013
Prince George, BC, Canada
What's the significance in the pinwheels over the standard raybestos c3? I just sent an email to Andrew that hopefully he sees first thing monday morning before my kit ships, hoping to get the pinwheel c3's instead of the standard c3.

Edit: just watched the video on those goerend pto covers. I'll be ordering a set this weekend to go in with my build. Any more advice? I'm doing the stator and pump bushings, Torrington bearings, and wiring harness, all per conversation with Mike L (great guy, feel bad calling and asking these questions when he isn't actually building it :( )

Last edited:

Muff

Just Learning
Oct 7, 2013
Butler, Pa
Anyone care to shed some light on these new pinwheel c3 clutches? I'll be ordering a kit next week looking to get the best I can for holding 800hp and never plan to go over 550. Never hurts to be a little overkill.

The pinwheels are a new design and better clutch than the old style waffle. It has to do with the way the oil gets onto the clutch with the new pattern.

Muff are these the clutches you were talking about?

Yes thats them.

I kind of have to agree with you about suncoast. The only helpful person there was George. He took the time to piece my kit together for me. If it wasn't for him I wouldn't of got those clutches for my c3s. Everyone else told me they wouldn't sell me them.

George is that man.

What's the significance in the pinwheels over the standard raybestos c3? I just sent an email to Andrew that hopefully he sees first thing monday morning before my kit ships, hoping to get the pinwheel c3's instead of the standard c3.

Mike will have to tell why the pinwheels are better, but to my knowledge a big part of it is the way the oil gets to the clutches with the new style pattern.

Edit: just watched the video on those goerend pto covers. I'll be ordering a set this weekend to go in with my build. Any more advice? I'm doing the stator and pump bushings, Torrington bearings, and wiring harness, all per conversation with Mike L (great guy, feel bad calling and asking these questions when he isn't actually building it :( )

Pto covers were easy to install, but boy did drilling those make a mess! MAKE SURE you take the time to clean out all the shavings.

03badmaxxx

Ghost Element
Mar 1, 2012
Mesa,AZ
www.facebook.com
Transmissions been back in the truck for about 3 weeks now. Shifts amazing on a stock tcm tune with raised shift points. I installed the georend pto covers, and upgraded the c3 clutches to the new pinwheels clutches Mike had advised. George at suncoast was a big help with piecing my kit together. Everybody else at suncoast was a joke, terrible customer service. If it wasn't for George taking such good care of me I'd never order from them again.

Thanks for all the info and advice guys.

Maybe you should learn who to ask for... I travel a lot but can be reached by email very easily.

Last edited:

Muff

Just Learning
Oct 7, 2013
Butler, Pa
Maybe you should learn who to ask for... I travel a lot but can be reached by email very easily.

Hey now I wasn't calling you out by any means, no need for you to make that kind of remark. You helped out and were quick with your response on my quote. I'll remember next time I deal with you guys to ask for you.

03badmaxxx

Ghost Element
Mar 1, 2012
Mesa,AZ
www.facebook.com
Hey now I wasn't calling you out by any means, no need for you to make that kind of remark. You helped out and were quick with your response on my quote. I'll remember next time I deal with you guys to ask for you.

I try to take care of everyone i can, especially my fellow forum members. If you need something, just shoot me an email or PM me on here and i'll get you my cell. I understand how it can be frustrating experience, we are in the process of fixing a lot of things we are lacking and working on getting a full time tech dept. All of this will happen along with our move into our new 68k sq ft building

Muff

Just Learning
Oct 7, 2013
Butler, Pa
Sounds good appreciate you wanting to help out. I'll be sure to get ahold of you next time. Thanks you.

03spoolindmax

Nov 9, 2011
Mi

I hate to say it but I called and asked for you when I ordered my kit. You told me you wouldn't sell me those clutches. I had a few more questions and you transferred me to George. George took everything over from there and took care of me. You seemed as if you had no interest in helping me. Maybe you were having a bad day. I've heard nothing but good things about you and was told by a few guys to talk to you. I hope this won't affect any future business with you guys. I still refer a lot of people to you when they're looking for a trans kit. :hug:

dirtracer347

May 23, 2014
Ky
I hate to say it but I called and asked for you when I ordered my kit. You told me you wouldn't sell me those clutches.

Not to stir the pot but were there any other stipulations to this? Maybe they weren't in stock? I don't see how so many people on here will say someone wouldn't sell them something. If you got the money there is no reason anyone shouldn't sell it. Cause if they won't, someone else will. Money is money no matter who's pocket it comes from.

03spoolindmax

Nov 9, 2011
Mi
Not to stir the pot but were there any other stipulations to this? Maybe they weren't in stock? I don't see how so many people on here will say someone wouldn't sell them something. If you got the money there is no reason anyone shouldn't sell it. Cause if they won't, someone else will. Money is money no matter who's pocket it comes from.

They were in stock. I was told they were still in "testing". Then I talked to George in that same phone call and he told me he would see what he could do. He called me later that day and told me he could sell me them.

Maybe it wasn't Andrews call on if he could sell them or not. Nothing against him at all. Either way George took care of me. Which in the end the parts still came from suncoast themselves.