Review of Limitless Diesel Converter

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
Hows it compare to a Goerend K converter? I know you cant really compare converters, but I loved my K when I had it in the race truck, but it's apples to oranges..

The converter I currently have in my LBZ would be more comparable to the K then ours. If it works out it will be a great option for guys with decent sized chargers.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Awesome. I know when I tried it there was only 1 maybe 2 other trucks running it and I believe I put the most miles on it. Wish it could have went into more trucks that competed more than me though.

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
This will be the next converter that I will be trying in my truck to compare to the 1074 that I have been running. As much as I love my 1074, Evan swears up and down that I will love his more! Can't wait til I get one in mine to see!:thumb:

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
I wanna know how they hand 20k trailer

I would think it would handle that better than any other option I have tried to date. The coupling & torque multiplication is what you are looking for and that is what this converter setup does for you. The 1074 doesn't flash up like Evan's does but the coupling is the same. Maybe Evan can give his opinion on this also.

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
I would think it would handle that better than any other option I have tried to date. The coupling & torque multiplication is what you are looking for and that is what this converter setup does for you. The 1074 doesn't flash up like Evan's does but the coupling is the same. Maybe Evan can give his opinion on this also.
One thing I learned when I was sled pulling in 2wd. I could stall it at say 2000 on the street as soon as I hooked to the sled it would add another 700-900rpm to the stall...
Logic would say I will see similar results but not as drastic since I'm not WOT when towing in stop n go situations..
~1300.00 is alot to spend a TC that maybe no better or even worse, worse then stock while unlocked.. Especially when very few are willing to state this TC J is designed to couple at M rpm and flash stall at P rpm range under general Y conditions.. It has a TQ ratio/multiplier of X.X:1

From description and feedback given sounds like both TCs are awesome for DD applications. But towing more then 15? IDK

The 4.56 gears helped alot.. I can still blow through it like the video I showed you back in May.
If the TC doesn't couple by 1900-2000 I'll blow though the stall while loaded

What converter is in your trans?
Currently stock with 272k on it.. Been towing, upwards of 29,000lb trailers, pretty Much constantly since 98k when I got it.

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Honestly I'd love to be in the position to call up Suncoast, DPC goerend say hey, doing a test for a towing/DD TC for 450-500hp truck. Going to hook a 25,000lb trailer to the back of said truck.
Do the following test flat foot stand still acceleration to find how fast does the truck get from 0-55mph, and when does the TTC engage in both T/H and normal transmission operations.
Run each TC for ~10,000miles which would be 5-6 weeks for me which would give me time to cover wide variety of loads and terrain.
Then report back my findings
I'm not in a financial position to be able to do such a thing as per what you have all watched me go through over last 6 months or so..
End of the day transmission is going to need rebuilt soon imo. And right now only thing I've found advertised that meets close to my almost niche needs is either a DPC or a Transtar A7XL

As I said in the other post I'm sure I'd be pleased with either TC in a DD applications and a 600hp truck

Last edited:

TowU4Free

#SecretSquirrel
Aug 27, 2011
Ill have to add to this. Wolf, you Pm'd me on this converter didnt you? Coming from a built trans with a 1058 converter I had Evan put together a whole new built trans with his new "Limitless Converter" and Its by far made me much more excited to drive my truck. with the 68R and Marks aggressive tuning the 1058...just flat out sucked! I was barking the charger on lockup all the time and felt as if i was always up in the RPMS before lockup wasting power. AND I WAS!! With this new "Limitless converter" the truck gets out and moving so much quicker, Ive actually noted the tires spinning much more freely on normal take off the coupling is so quick. and Lockup is much smoother with this. I encourage anyone with a 1058/1057/1056 to sell it and call Evan up. I mean it when i say my truck was starting to get unpleasant to drive with the harsh lockup and wasted RPMs until the limitless converter! Now it feels so much quicker! And track launch is great with this too, im cutting 1.7s right now with wore out/hard general grabber 275s. So to sum this up

Limitless converter benefits over my previous 1058:
-Smoother lockup(No more neck jerk) But nice and firm like it should be
-Much faster coupling.. The "Tire Fryer" effect
-No more wasted power out the tail pipe with high RPMs then jolt into lockup

Overall, I couldn't be happier and Evans customer service has been wonderful. Its always a breath of fresh air when dealing with someone so knowledgeable yet very humble.. Evan is on top of any questions i have, right down to the wife asking me who im texting at such a late hour :D

EDIT** My setup is the 68R from Mark,Dual pumps, Meth injection, and all supporting mods

Last edited:

03badmaxxx

Ghost Element
Mar 1, 2012
Mesa,AZ
www.facebook.com
it's important for anyone and everyone interested in this converter to know that this is ONLY available for sale through Evan @ Limitless diesel at this point in time. All calls / requests will be sent directly to him. :thumb:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
having a converter couple like it should at the HP your at makes the whole truck so much more fun! Glad to see Evan has such an awesome converter coming out for these trucks!

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
How high of rpm does it flash to from a stop?

I thought about changing converters, or getting mine turned into a 1074 (if that's possible)

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
My truck (at the same power as yours) will flash to 2200-2300. Just nailing it from a stop.