PPE manifolds & up pipes , Duramax store brand or??

kubitza123

Sep 19, 2016
Texas
Got everything else bought today but manifolds and up pipes.

Anyone have any input on brands listed in the title or better ones??

Duramax store has best price on theirs but like to make sure they are as good and flow equal as the others?

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
I got some in from the dmax store and they were packaged in PPE wrapping. They looked like PPE but were not labeled as that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Moved over to the general exhaust section.

Profab doesnt make manifolds for PPE any more.

wyopoke

wyopoke
Dec 3, 2015
wyoming high country
Rick at ProFab is the best way to go. He was put a lot of his own Dmax together over the years. Lot of knowledge about Dmaxs. He has kept me from making a lot of costly mistakes.

Thunderwood

Apr 5, 2014
Warrensburg, MO / North AR
I run Pro-Fab manifolds and up pipes on my truck... I've made several trips to Rick's shop and I've seen what goes into manufacturing these things... He also showed me a few of his secrets that sets his apart from the rest... I have compared brands and Pro-Fab gets my vote!

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

Budneeds2beers

Aka Mike Honcho....
Aug 25, 2016
Cali
I bought a set of dmax headers and up pipes. Haven't installed them yet waiting to buy a new tubo. Looking at them they arent bad the casting is smooth no visible air pockets. They are thick and strait on the flanges. The up pipes arent thin, cheap tin. They may not be one of the big names but they are very nice and i will be running them. I get the, you get what you pay for but I myself will not be making over 625hp. So spending the coin on a really nice set of pro fabs to hold giant bost to make 8,9, 1100 hp isnt in the cards. Plus the difference in coin I bought solid motor mounts!

blue09dmaxx

Too broke for this shit
Jan 15, 2012
The south
I bought a set of dmax headers and up pipes. Haven't installed them yet waiting to buy a new tubo. Looking at them they arent bad the casting is smooth no visible air pockets. They are thick and strait on the flanges. The up pipes arent thin, cheap tin. They may not be one of the big names but they are very nice and i will be running them. I get the, you get what you pay for but I myself will not be making over 625hp. So spending the coin on a really nice set of pro fabs to hold giant bost to make 8,9, 1100 hp isnt in the cards. Plus the difference in coin I bought solid motor mounts!

You wasted money.

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Rick at ProFab is the best way to go. He was put a lot of his own Dmax together over the years. Lot of knowledge about Dmaxs. He has kept me from making a lot of costly mistakes.

I run Pro-Fab manifolds and up pipes on my truck... I've made several trips to Rick's shop and I've seen what goes into manufacturing these things... He also showed me a few of his secrets that sets his apart from the rest... I have compared brands and Pro-Fab gets my vote!

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

Yes, me, I prefer he smaller shops and service...:thumb:

You wasted money.

Port and polish and slightly modify a stock turbo, add some ProFab uppipes and leave the stock manifolds alone and you would have some noticeably gains in a daily driver IMHO. The next thing, replace the stock Y-bridge you would have a decent well breathing DD truck with just a 90hp tune.

I had yellowchevy clean up the insides of my stock manifolds and my EGT's changed quite a bit and with the above items I think I'm done, ya right, transmission is always best, at least for me....:thumb:

Last edited:

oscyjack

May 7, 2016
Northeast
Im not much of a fan of dmaxstore. It's one thing to collect info and parts to provide badass equipment, another to sell it as your own version. Most times with an upcharge. I recall reading a discussion between Mike L and them RE their built transmissions which didn't go too well lol. And my own purchases there i would not make again if I could go back in time.

I was taken by their manifold[/uppipe sale at $599 it's almost too good to pass up. But I gave rick my word when I bought my downpipe from him that id be getting his manifolds/uppipes when the time came. It's his design and i want to give him my business. They are a value from rick as well at under $1,000 and I know they will be good pieces.

oscyjack

May 7, 2016
Northeast
additionally Rick has great customer service. During my EGR delete/downpipe install a few months back I ran into a small issue, called rick and left a message. He called back within 30 mins and we had a nice chat and he helped me get my crap sorted out.

Can;t tell you how valuable being able to make an off hours call and get a response is.

Budneeds2beers

Aka Mike Honcho....
Aug 25, 2016
Cali
Guys dont get me wrong. Rick is a great guy nothing against him or his business. Yes i can say from this point on my business with dmax store is limited. Due to some private issues. I think these headers and up pipes are perfect for what and how im going to use my truck. I cant afford that kind of coin for these parts but I can tell you they are not ebay quality. I dont know how you can sit/stand there and bash a perchase when you more then likely have not run them.

So to the op if you have the coin and want a good product go profab. As you can tell by the responses. On the other hand you can get dmax store parts wich I believe to be a sound perchase and save a little coin. At this point i cannot tell you what product is better and has more gains but what i can tell you is (from my experiences) some times new parts just fail and its a toss up. So, go with who you think has better customer service.