PPE manifolds & up pipes , Duramax store brand or??

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
7mos later and a newbie digs it up to pick at the scab? You core guys are getting old. 7 years ago there'd be some MF'ing going on, :roflmao:

Not when it was deserved....

All of this is old news, anyway.

2008lmmchopper

May 28, 2017
I have the PPE race manifolds and up pipes and their down pipe from the dmax store. Besides the down pipe can't remember where I got that. Anyway it was an awesome price from them, the amount of flow you get is amazing, sounds like bald eagles screaming lol and was a huge pain in the ass to install in my driveway lol. I highly recommend. Duramax sound amazing but it's not everyday you hear one like mine that is breathing so freely.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

turbovan

Too many toys!!!
Mar 4, 2018
Abbotsford, BC, Canada.
LOL.... ok.. I guess there was a "ploy" by multiple people... But the facts are the facts... You can even see when YOUR customer posted in this thread about a month ago with the same info.... guess what? you failed to clear the air AGAIN!:eek:

Of course I don't expect you to promote our products by saying you make them. But I don't doubt (based upon the convo' and posts on here) that if someone was to say that you built our stuff, that you would not inform them of the truth... Just like the post on here. Are you seeing a pattern yet???? :eek:

If that is the case then you will recall me calling you about some flow issues with you manifolds, and what we wanted done to fix the issues with the flow engineering on YOUR manifold design... You know what you told us? It was going to cost US/PPE $10,000. to FIX YOUR DESIGN FLAW..... that is when we started working on our own design with Garrett.

Read the whole thing, looked at pictures, listened to Ricks Customers, so please, tell me/us what took $10K to fix his design flaw? I can't see what is wrong with Ricks designs???

No, not a plant for Rick, just stumbled upon this thread when searching the internet about manifolds and up pipes for Dmax Store. :)

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
A customer had bought dmaxstore manifolds & up pipes for me to put on his lmm at same time as a s400. The manifolds dont seem to be a problem but the up pipes dont line up nicely nor are they square to the pedestal once bolted to manifold or vice versa. I had to draw them in as I tightened the bolts, so the bellows are torqued once installed. Not terribly bad but you get the picture. They also do not have nice flowing bends overall comparatively. They may do fine for a long time, not sure yet.
a2448235e977fb1ccb347f7d028c08f6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Ship4Brains

Oct 20, 2016
MS
Another vote for Profab. Had them on my lbz and now my LML. Always fits like a charm. Surprisingly my LML Up Pipe was much easier to put on then the LBZ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
Not to beat a dead horse, or drag this from the dead, but came across this thread in a google search and lemme tell ya, 17 pages and an hour later I have chuckled so hard I’ve cried :rofl: had a sh!tty few days and lemme tell ya this improved my mood leaps and bounds. Some of the replies :roflmao:

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Have the dmax store mani/uppipes gotten better over the years? What about the RDL ?

ProFab (RDL) are some of (if not) the best available on the market right now. PPE are good as well but I personally prefer ProFab over PPE. Rick doesn't cut any corners and has killer customer service.

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
Have the dmax store mani/uppipes gotten better over the years? What about the RDL ?

I’ve run over 1000rwhp thru dmax store manifolds and up pipes since early 2016. I haven’t had any problems with them at all. The up pipe fitment is somewhat loose/doesn’t line up perfectly. But that’s all I noticed. Not recommending them over anyone else by any means, just sharing that they work on my truck just fine.