LBZ: LML Manifolds and Up-pipes

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
I put one on my Lb7 After around 50 passes at track and a lot of street driving it has yet melted anything at all. Hell the drivers side one has a fuel filter by it. That is dangerous.

TDFDiesel

I'm That Guy
Jan 6, 2011
Mesa, AZ
Why do you have a photo of someone elses truck in your avatar and signature? :poke:

I still own 1 of the 3 trucks in the sig pic and well... Good question, lol.

Because my only purpose on DD is to troll SS Diesel Tuning and so I've been too lazy until now to revise my current vehicle list, haha.

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
I moded the heat sheild and put it back on the LML manifold. But my oil cooler lines run fairly close to the manifold and like stated brfore it does not take very long. But if it wasnt for the oil cooler lines I would not have put it back on because im lazy.
Dead horse and all, but for what it is worth, my transmission cooler line is physically touching my downpipe, and has for 10,000 miles (sorry Mike). No harm yet.

I was going to wait for it to rub through or cause high trans temps, then do better lines (they leak everywhere BUT where they touch the exhaust :confused:). Never broke or got hot. The truck is now down for a build, so I might as well fix it while I am in there.

Anyway, heat shields are useful for noise and for rubber near the exhaust, but not really necessary otherwise. On the other hand, when I did the LML manifold, I put the stock shield back on, because as was mentioned earlier, it takes 30 seconds to fix.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
in case anyone at all was interested in seeing the difference in the flow of the old VS new manifold i took a couple pics when i switched mine out last week.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

although people might say that they didn't notice any difference, not all improvements are "seat of the pants" but this is obviously a huge upgrade weather you see it/feel it or not. :thumb: