LBZ: LML Manifolds and Up-pipes

TDFDiesel

I'm That Guy
Jan 6, 2011
Mesa, AZ
But KB told me that heat dilution calculations show that static temperature increase from ambient temperatures over 100* F if the velocity of wind is lower then 12 CFM within a confined compartment.

If needed you can monitor transient temperature changes against heat density by metal byproduct and inevitably determine the absolute melting point of the liners.

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
But KB told me that heat dilution calculations show that static temperature increase from ambient temperatures over 100* F if the velocity of wind is lower then 12 CFM within a confined compartment.

If needed you can monitor transient temperature changes against heat density by metal byproduct and inevitably determine the absolute melting point of the liners.

Your right.............

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
You won't melt the liner's without the heat shield. PPE, BD, and every other manifold maker out there doesn't come with them and no reported issues from anyone.
If anything, those shields are more for dampening exhaust noise than anything else.

TDFDiesel

I'm That Guy
Jan 6, 2011
Mesa, AZ
You won't melt the liner's without the heat shield. PPE, BD, and every other manifold maker out there doesn't come with them and no reported issues from anyone.
If anything, those shields are more for dampening exhaust noise than anything else.

My turbo spooled slower after I pulled off my heat shields.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
i dont know why this is such an issue, 30 seconds with a hammer and my heat shield fit with zero problems...it was literally that easy, i just test fit it before i put the manifold on the truck. the whole job took like an hour.

for me i just thought it was easier to do the OEM way then to chance it with something that took no time at all to modify

TDFDiesel

I'm That Guy
Jan 6, 2011
Mesa, AZ

Pero KB me dijo que los cálculos de dilución de calor muestran que el aumento de temperatura estática a una temperatura ambiente de más de 100 * F, si la velocidad del viento es menor que 12 CFM dentro de un compartimento cerrado.

Si es necesario, puede controlar los cambios de temperatura transitoria contra la densidad de calor subproducto de metal e inevitablemente determinar el punto de fusión absoluta de los revestimientos.

:hug:

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
i dont know why this is such an issue, 30 seconds with a hammer and my heat shield fit with zero problems...it was literally that easy, i just test fit it before i put the manifold on the truck. the whole job took like an hour.

for me i just thought it was easier to do the OEM way then to chance it with something that took no time at all to modify

Probably the best point made yet.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
To put it in perspective, I blew an up-pipe and had to drive 600miles with it blowing against my firewall and never burned the insulation on it even.
I highly doubt ANY radiant heat from no shield is gonna melt anything more than 10" away. No matter what.

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Then telling Oregondmax of where you feel the issues may arise based on your truck to his was a invalid point

Carefully read the word/words I posted "potentially" I know we all know how to read from grade school, although some comprehension might be needed.

Merriam Webster Dictionary
: existing in possibility : capable of development into actuality <potential benefits>
: expressing possibility; specifically : of, relating to, or constituting a verb phrase expressing possibility, liberty, or power by the use of an auxiliary with the infinitive of the verb (as in “it may rain”)

and the phrase " I prefer not to chance it" what I will do.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Also I might add that if you have glowing manifolds for a long time during long drives your gonna have alot bigger issues then a possible melted liner.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Carefully read the word/words I posted "potentially" I know we all know how to read from grade school, although some comprehension might be needed.

Merriam Webster Dictionary
: existing in possibility : capable of development into actuality <potential benefits>
: expressing possibility; specifically : of, relating to, or constituting a verb phrase expressing possibility, liberty, or power by the use of an auxiliary with the infinitive of the verb (as in “it may rain”)

and the phrase " I prefer not to chance it" what I will do.

I'm glad you know how to use the dictionary but had you re-read my post, you may see where I said "you FEEL that the issues MAY arise". It's a hypothetical theory issue. Mine is based on fact. People running PPE manifold or ricks manifolds or lml Manifolds in the 06-07 year in question have had no issues, again fact. You still have gone against your argument about different year/model trucks not being suitable subjects to the issues your bring up since you choose to tell a person with a lb7 what you MIGHT cause an issue.

If you would like to continue to pull words from the dictionary and posting their definition, you may go right ahead.

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
I'm glad you know how to use the dictionary but had you re-read my post, you may see where I said "you FEEL that the issues MAY arise". It's a hypothetical theory issue. Mine is based on fact. People running PPE manifold or ricks manifolds or lml Manifolds in the 06-07 year in question have had no issues, again fact. You still have gone against your argument about different year/model trucks not being suitable subjects to the issues your bring up since you choose to tell a person with a lb7 what you MIGHT cause an issue.

If you would like to continue to pull words from the dictionary and posting their definition, you may go right ahead.

Not everyone has stayed at a Holiday Inn Express....