LBZ: LML Manifolds and Up-pipes

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
I'm glad you know how to use the dictionary but had you re-read my post, you may see where I said "you FEEL that the issues MAY arise". It's a hypothetical theory issue. Mine is based on fact. People running PPE manifold or ricks manifolds or lml Manifolds in the 06-07 year in question have had no issues, again fact. You still have gone against your argument about different year/model trucks not being suitable subjects to the issues your bring up since you choose to tell a person with a lb7 what you MIGHT cause an issue.

If you would like to continue to pull words from the dictionary and posting their definition, you may go right ahead.

OK, post up some engineering reports, you won.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
All I proved factually was that in fact there is no issue of what you stated "might" be an issue. The evidence and factual information You want to see is on my truck as well as others out there doing just as i on 06-07 trucks. your welcome to come by my shop and see for your self. I'd be happy to hear or see the reports of why you deem these problems to be and why exactly gm did put these heat shields in place. Not just speculation.

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
Let's look at this in another way, numerous people run manifolds and headers without heat shields and I've never heard of a single one melting the liner. Find one person who has and you might have a valid point. Suppose this was the first guy to do it then being extra cautious might make sense, but we're talking about reinventing the wheel, it's been done to many times to think there's even the remotest possible chance of having a problem.

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
If you post something actual and real....people will take you seriously.....if not, go stop banana's while wearing a Ke$her outfit.

Really....and who are you to make this determination. No one has proven anything, just a bunch of opinions on this site, nothing more........I started out their was "potentially" an issue with melting. The shields are their for a reason and no one on this site knows why GM installed them.

Last edited:

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
I cannot believe this thread has made it this far just over arguing about a heat shield... srsly don't use it if you don't want to...Its that easy :thumb:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Really....and who are you to make this determination. No one has proven anything, just a bunch of opinions on this site, nothing more........I started out their was "potentially" an issue with melting. The shields are their for a reason and no one on this site knows why GM installed them.

We have proven WRONG the issues you stated MIGHT happen. Your changing the subject now. This all originated over what you stated might be an issue. we all then explained many other vehicles such as mine, Daves, rubens, and just to be vehicle specific, 06-07 trucks running shield less manifolds do not have the issues you said MIGHT be there.

Your damn right no one here knows the true reason the shields are there but you taking stabs in the dark as to why they are needed and then stumbling over your own specifications as to why you posted certain posts, then try to make it look as though i cant read when i clearly can and have stated in prior posts. No need to make jabs over a simple argument.

If your gun hoe about this shield protecting all the issues you feel running without the shield will cause, please show us. Otherwise i have real world FACT proving running without a shield has NO affect on my intercooler tube and plastic liner sitting on my truck.

baggedLB7

Goer
May 1, 2011
Utah
I moded the heat sheild and put it back on the LML manifold. But my oil cooler lines run fairly close to the manifold and like stated brfore it does not take very long. But if it wasnt for the oil cooler lines I would not have put it back on because im lazy.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Ok enough about heat shields. I was curious about the LML manifold fitting with stock up pipes and they will so I have my answer.
I give a shit if you use a beer can for a heat shield-we've beat the topic to death!! It's done.