LB7: Intake Bridge, intercooler tubes and boots

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
PPe is the only kit that im aware of?

unless you just eliminate it your self by filling the holes and makeing a bracket to support the intake OR just blocking the EGR motor and keeping the motor for support and removeing the cooler

as far as pipes either make your own and/or by bigger ones

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
I'm not talking about a delete kit - I'm talking about stock LB7 parts. All you need to delete EGR is LB7 passenger side non-emmissions up-pipe - which the part number for is listed here. Then the LB7 intake bridge is one piece that comes all the way out to the intercooler tube and it will bolt to LLY intake runners. So you add the LB7 up-pipe, intake bridge and passenger side intercooler tube and boots and then you can completely remove the EGR valve and cooler and run a heater hose straight from the motor to the firewall. This will also make the LBZ turbo inlet fit the LLY better. Talking about doing it like this guy: Silver Bullet

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
I'm not talking about a delete kit - I'm talking about stock LB7 parts. All you need to delete EGR is LB7 passenger side non-emmissions up-pipe - which the part number for is listed here. Then the LB7 intake bridge is one piece that comes all the way out to the intercooler tube and it will bolt to LLY intake runners. So you add the LB7 up-pipe, intake bridge and passenger side intercooler tube and boots and then you can completely remove the EGR valve and cooler and run a heater hose straight from the motor to the firewall. This will also make the LBZ turbo inlet fit the LLY better. Talking about doing it like this guy: Silver Bullet

I thought the intake on the Y bridge had different gaskets lly vs lb7 so i ASSumed it wouldnt bolt on??

also the lb7 comes out the top of the Y bridge and lly comes out the front
how does that make more room for the lbz turbo inlet? I dont even think you would fit a inlet of any size on there

best of luck with it

LarryJewell

Back with his honey :)
Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo

Actually I had to fight less to get the LBZ turbo inlet to fit than I do getting the LLY inlets to fit, in terms of mounting the varias inlets to my turbo, the LBZ is by far the easiest, Opies aluminum came in second and the stock LLY is the hardest. I have the PPE Egr delete on my truck which uses a modified stock LLY bridge, the bottom that sits on the egr motor are welded shut.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
The LBZ turbo inlet will fit without any mods to an LLY,
Aren't the LB7 intercooler tubes smaller on the LB7 than an LLY?

the tubes are bigger mine are 3" but they swedge down to 2 1/2" at the end...thats why i just cut the end off

Im thinking he is more concerened about removing the EGR and not useing the lly Y bridge

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo

Im almost 100% sure the LB7 bridge will not bolt to the LLY manifolds since anyone wanting to run the LBZ bridge made by PPE has to use LBZ mainfolds,YOu would have to change your LLY manifolds out to LB7's to ge that bridge to bolt on.Here's a link with pics of the cross over bridge

LLY Cross over
http://208.109.104.11/forum/showthread.php?p=83302#post83302
LB7 Cross over Ca emissions
http://208.109.104.11/forum/showthread.php?p=83303#post83303
LB7 Cross over Federal Emissions
http://208.109.104.11/forum/showthread.php?p=83304#post83304

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
Tony Burkhart (sp?) is the one that told me an LB7 intake bride would bolt to LLY runners and I've seen trucks set up with aftermarket turbos the way that guy had his LLY set up with the silver bullet. But after looking at it they aren't running any kind of stock inlet - they are running one that comes straight out from the turbo, past the intake bridge before curving towards the filter box. Guess I need to rethink my EGR delete plans if I am going to use the LBZ inlet I bought. Thanks for setting me straight before I bought the wrong stuff. Just called PPE and they confirmed that they don't have the LLY manifold kit anymore, or even just the manifold. I think I'm gonna try to make my own incorporating a plate that bolts where the EGR valve bolted with some kind of bracket going to where ever to support the LLY piece while getting rid of the EGR valve and cooler; then use an LB7 up-pipe.

Last edited:

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
does your bridge look like the one in the link for LLY cross over I posted if so its the same bridge thats on my LBZ.The one that PPE sells was first made by Tony and I think Dan said its a bridge from a LBZ van.it exits thru the top and over the sid elike the LB7 did, they weld another elboe and make it work on the LBZ's and you can lose the egr with that and then run the LB7 up pipe and the LB7 pipe to the intercooler.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Is there a part number for this piece somewhere?

97365039 list pice is 146.81 my cost was 110.11 back on feb 23rd
97363570 is the bridge gaskets 8.97 list ea my cost 6.73 ea

When we replace the hack job on my turbo inlet, I will have this in place of it and also were making driver and pass side 3" intercooler pipes.But were going to bring it 3" out of the bridge.I need to find 2 junk heads to play with,going to make a sheetmetal manifolds and bridge.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Thanks Henry. I think I might try to incorporate this into my engine somehow. I don't trust the slip fit/o-ring stock piece.

Big Willy

diesel amateur
May 6, 2009
Henry, do you buy any chance have the PN for the O ring I'll need for my LBZ air inlet tube? And any advice on a good place to purchase one

sorry for the threadjack

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Henry, do you buy any chance have the PN for the O ring I'll need for my LBZ air inlet tube? And any advice on a good place to purchase one

sorry for the threadjack

Do you mean the 2 orings on the front kneck that goes into the bridge.If so there around 25.00 ea and dont think you can use a regular oring.I have those numbers just have to look around for them later when I get back home.

Jun 28, 2007
NE Pa
Do you mean the 2 orings on the front kneck that goes into the bridge.If so there around 25.00 ea and dont think you can use a regular oring.I have those numbers just have to look around for them later when I get back home.

I was told they were square rings but when I took mine appart they were regular o-rings. Got new ones at the local hardware store for around a buck each:D