Got my concealed weapon permit today !!!

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
Yes sir, home depot parking lot 1997, over a parking space. Dude was whacked out... Three open spaces, we took one, he took one and an empty in between. I got out of the pass side to move a shopping cart from the front of the spot. I turned around and had a 20ga shotgun pointed at me and was told " this is for people that take my parking space". I smiled, said "oh shit" and calmly walked into the store and called the PD. they took care of him nicely from there :)

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Yes sir, home depot parking lot 1997, over a parking space. Dude was whacked out... Three open spaces, we took one, he took one and an empty in between. I got out of the pass side to move a shopping cart from the front of the spot. I turned around and had a 20ga shotgun pointed at me and was told " this is for people that take my parking space". I smiled, said "oh shit" and calmly walked into the store and called the PD. they took care of him nicely from there :)

Wow over a parking spot! Glad that nothing else happened. Great example of the lunatics that are out there possessing weapons. Today in this economic down turn it's worse than ever. That was back in 97 when things were good.I'll bet you had NO IDEA anything like this was going to happen.

Just the other day in my town some Perp crawled into a Mcdonalds drive-thru window and robbed them with a knife at 2/3 am. People are desperate and willing to "KILL" over a few bucks and in your case a stupid parking spot.

I'll say that YES I was also coming out of a bar one evening many years ago with another individual and two EGG-PLANTS rolled up on us at night with guns out looking for cash. Lucky for us other patrons seen what was going on called the police as I stood my ground and would not ,under there suggestion, move to the rear or side of the building. I was standing about 15' feet from the entrance. The other guy not so lucky as his perp had his gun held up to his melon! Perhaps my perp just wasn't as good as his partner. Anyway to defuse the situation I tossed the contents of my pocket about 2 or 3 bucks on the ground and while he was distracted I ditched between parked cars.

I consider myself very lucky as I could have been shot standing there or retreating.

My point is that even if you are prepared with a gun for your protection what could you do to protect your life ,liberty ,freedom and anything in between? The answer is NOTHING! I'll tell you 99.9% of the time this is how it happens you are caught off guard with your pants down as the criminal has the upper hand lurking in the darkness prepared ready weapon in hand. You on the other hand aren't and never will be unfortunately. So having a pistol permit and a weapon on you IMO is false security! Am I saying that there is no need for having a weapon ,absolutely not! Returning fire ,well in some states is illegal if you have gotten safe retreat ,sad but true, is well deserved.

So this is why I find it amusing when the Pistol Packing Pete's or the Cowboys come out with their Hey I'm packing so I aint worried bout nuttin attitude! I don't mean this to be insulting but until you've been staring down some asshole pointing a gun at you ,you aint gonna do shit,period.

Sure there are other sceneries,bringing a gun to a knife fight,5 on 1 ,verbal , but do you want to be the guy pulling a shotgun over a parking spot? Unfortunately we all don't live in Texas ,I live in CT with much more stringent laws on self protection!

Yes I carry a SW 380 by the way. Occasional a SW 9MM .

MuscleTruck03

Wants a turbo!! or two...
Mar 10, 2010
north ogden, ut
Unfortunately you're probably right about being caught with your pants down.. BUT.. if someone was carrying and came across you being held up they could have popped those s.o.b's!

Sharks06LLY

May 15, 2010
Tampa Fl
carry my keltec 32 with wallet holster daily. rarely carry my s&w 45 anymore just to big to hide comfortably. i was gonna get a s&w bodyguard 380 but they were back ordered 5 months when i went to buy though i still want to get one

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Unfortunately you're probably right about being caught with your pants down.. BUT.. if someone was carrying and came across you being held up they could have popped those s.o.b's!

Certainly a possible scenario. I don't know the legality of it here in CT , the use of deadly force as this states gun laws are a bitch! Although I have a State Concealed Carry permit assuming I could wonder the state , I heard that towns or city's can set their own ordinance on the allowance of concealed carry. From what I heard you cannot carry in New Britain or New London CT permit or NOT.

CtChevy427

Back In Black
May 3, 2008
North Haven, Ct.
Technically CT is an open carry state. The state issues a "Permit to carry pistols and revolvers". It is correct that there are towns that have in place such ordinances that do not allow you to carry even if you have a CT permit. From what I have read towns ordinances do not over ride state laws. There is a lot of good information on this web site pertaining to CT gun laws. http://www.ccdl.us/

adeso

wait, what?
May 30, 2011
Minot, ND
I remember the first time I was face to face with a meth head, in a previous life I played around with some law enforcement and the guy working with me was chasing a meth head though a house, while I stood at the back door, when he ran out I was standing there with my light and weapon drawn, and we just stood there staring at each other while my buddy was yelling "don't fcking look at him, grab his ass!" Needless to say next time something like that happened I didn’t hesitate! But the first time it happens you really have no idea how you will react unless you train for it-and not just train by shooting with your GF at the range but really train...

MattZ71

May 16, 2008
Western Ky.
I keep my Glock 23 in my glove box and only carry it concealed when I go into a gas station .

Here in Kentucky its pretty easy to get a permit. The state troops actually recommend them, and weapon permit classes are teached weekly here. The KY law says u can keep a pistol in your vehicle as long as the clip is not in the gun.

Sent From my ATRIX using Tapatalk

Last edited:

adeso

wait, what?
May 30, 2011
Minot, ND
I wouldnt leave it in the truck though-I left one in my truck while it was parked in front of my house at 9am (was going to leave again in 4 hours) and it got broken into, worse feeling was that another sht eating badguy now had a gun

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
I wouldnt leave it in the truck though-I left one in my truck while it was parked in front of my house at 9am (was going to leave again in 4 hours) and it got broken into, worse feeling was that another sht eating badguy now had a gun

Yup big mistake ,very big! I too became lazy and use to leave my piece in my truck at night not bothering to bring it in the house as I was caring everyday and felt it was safe there . I had other guns in the house so it wasn't like I didn't have protection if needed there also.

Well woke up one morning and the whole truck was gone. That was the biggest thing that pissed me off . I was so worried that I was more concerned about that then the truck. Even reporting it stolen and a cop was in pursuit here the F'n thief had a gun! Man was I pissed at myself and told the cops that repeatedly and of course they were pissed also at me.

Then a year later I received a call from the State Police to come down and ID a gun. Yes it was mine. It was being held for a case of Hostage and Kidnapping and theft of a Tax Collector in a town near mine. I really felt like a asshole,let me tell you. Bothered me for a long time. The gun was fired also

Lucky for me the cops did a shit job on the serial number (to many zeros) or they might have been at my house looking for me as the perp. Nonetheless the crime happened a month after the truck was stolen and it took a year for the to figure it out. Anyway please please do not leave your gun in vehicles! IF this had happened on public property ,say a store or something, I would have been charged and lost my permit.

Not a good feeling knowing your gun was used in a crime. Never got it back,don't really care. I could have but the cops were making it difficult so I dropped it.

403turbo

<--It's whats for dinner!
Aug 3, 2009
DPRNY
Congrats Trent, I live in NY have an unrestricted carry permit and I am an NRA instructor. I think everyone should have the opportunity to carry. It's a PITA here in NY to get but once you have it it's very easy to carry, not many restrictions.
Couple things
carry a firearm that you shoot well, you can never miss fast enough
make sure it is dead reliable
caliber isn't as important as everyone thinks, but it is a factor
size isn't as important as everyone thinks, the right holster makes a huge difference
become very familiar with your firearm,safeties, and fixing failures to feed or fire, muscle memory will serve you well when it matters.
develop your awareness, the only thing better than being good with your firearm is never having to use it.​

Now comes the fun part....shopping for the right pistol and then practicing a bunch! :)

battlegraduate09

Gearhead
Mar 18, 2010
I carry a .40 S&W most of the time

You never know about people these days, I know a guy that got shot over 5 bucks on his porch.

Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
There are several crossbreed style holsters out there I have a http://kholster.com/ for my full size and a wallet holster for my BUG. You can even buy a kit and make you our or buy the supplies and make your own Kydex is very easy to work with.

Vsouth

Oct 6, 2008
Trent

Take a look a the crossbreed line of holsters. They are the best out there. For a small super reliable line of pistols, check out the PM series in the KAHR brand.

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
You should see the holsters we put together. Dare I say nicer than crossbreed. My friend made an amazing vacuum box that molds kydex incredibly well.