Got my concealed weapon permit today !!!

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Its a good feeling to be able to carry if you choose. Personally, I wouldn't carry a .380....... just wouldn't bet my life on it. Minimum .40
-Randy

I am on both sides of the fence , the larger caliber only does you good if your a accurate shot with it , a well placed smaller caliber shot can be more deadly than a poor shot with a .45 , I will likely stick with a 9mm or .40 , I personally think its good balance between power and accuracy .

The .380s are nice because they are very very concealable. I have both a taurus .380 and a glock 21. The taurus actually is suprisingly accurate, and i was also surprised with its penetration. Nothing like my 21, but if someone was coming at me, trust me, that .380 would stop them. The .45 is still more impressive though. Believe it or not, a friend of mine loaded one round in my .45, bet me 50 bucks that he could hit a fire extinguisher from almost 100 yards....and drilled it dead center. :thumb: i about shat myself...i cant even see that far! :rofl:

I think i will probably get a compact .380 one day for times were you need something real small , after all a .380 is damn sure better than nothing at all if that all you can conceal in that situation .

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Dmax mafia I hope you know I was joking. Sorry if you thought I was being serious.I knew what you meant.

ecc_33

Aug 10, 2006
Amanda, Ohio
I have mine. I carry either a S&W 40 sub compact or a S&W 38 special body guard. I can fit the body guard right in my pocket and known even knows :D I rarley carry on the weekends do to my drinking ability :roflmao:

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT
depending on what i am wearing or where i am going i carry either a full size gov't 1911, m&p45, or m&p9c

unless i am at the firehouse i am carrying.

also have a 22lr target pistol, marlin model 60 22lr rifle, stag arms ar15, rem700 .308, mossberg 590 12g

for all you guys looking to get a "30 state" permit, go with florida rather than utah. only state difference is with fl you cannot ccw in minnesota iirc. florida has no class, just mail in everything and get your permit in the mail.

Go to this website, http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/FORMS/FormsRequest790.html

request all documents by mail and get the max copies allowed (10 IIRC) because your friends are going to want to do this as well (there is no cost for this, i have requested 10 copies twice now to get them for all the guys at work.

Fill out the application, go to ANY police dept and get printed.

Follow instructions carefully florida applications have very precise instructions.

Mail in application, print card, pictures, checks etc and wait 3ish months for your permit to come in the mail

Mine came in just over a month

Last edited:

FullSpec

Served cold.
Apr 6, 2009
i have a full size 1911 and im a big dude, but at like 50oz loaded its heavy to have on your person all day, i was thinking about a s&w gov, damn its light not much of a looker but it'll do, crap wife said i cant get anything more until i finish my ar-15 build :mad:

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT
i have a full size 1911 and im a big dude, but at like 50oz loaded its heavy to have on your person all day, i was thinking about a s&w gov, damn its light not much of a looker but it'll do, crap wife said i cant get anything more until i finish my ar-15 build :mad:

bah, i'm 6' 4" and 180lbs, i have a crossbreed super tuck for it and i know its there but i can easily wear it all day with not problems. the m&p9c feels like a feather when compared though.

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
It's only a misd. Here in CA., so piss on them... I take my chances with the man... I would rather stand in front of a judge and state my reason, then stand in front of a situation that I didn't/can't make a choice.

MuscleTruck03

Wants a turbo!! or two...
Mar 10, 2010
north ogden, ut
I got mine right after I turned 21! Usually only carry at walmarts :rofl: or if I know I'm going somewhere new or ghetto or something but I have a taurus 9mm millenium pro and a taurus titanium 38 special :thumb:

duramax hd

Feb 27, 2009
CT
bah, i'm 6' 4" and 180lbs, i have a crossbreed super tuck for it and i know its there but i can easily wear it all day with not problems. the m&p9c feels like a feather when compared though.

I'm with Kyle on this one, the crossbreed super tuck is an amazing holster. My buddy with a full size kimber 1911 turned me on to it actually. When I carry my hk usp 45 in it, its super concealable, and very comfortable. I'm 5'8 180 and I conceal some sizable weapons. Holsters make a HUGE difference when it comes to CC.

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT
for you guys that do not carry every day; is it because your work place does not allow or because you choose not to.

for obvious reasons i can't carry at work but i carry 99.9% of the time i am not at work.

i train whenever i can even if it is just unholstering, taking aim and reholstering. i want the weapon i carry to be an extension of my body so if i am ever in a situation where i need to use it there is no fumbling. muscle memory and training your arms and hands to naturally place your sights on what you are looking at is critical. like some of you said a smaller caliber shot in center mass will be more effective than a large caliber shot missing by an inch.

bartman432

Nov 4, 2011
You'd be surprised how many people get killed by 22's. We had a call at a bar and one guy was down. We couldn't see why he was down. There was no blood or anything. Investigation revealed he had been killed by a 22 cal. pen gun. People laugh at that little caliber bullet, but what they don't realize, is when you're hit with one, it tends to bounce around inside of you, tearing up vital organs. Just like in this case.

bartman432

Nov 4, 2011
Me and my Wife just got home from taking the class , and I am very excited to get the permit , I have been putting it off for a while, any other guys here that have there's ? I dont plan to carry daily or anything but would like it to be my choice not the other way around .

Very smart of you and the little woman to take a class. You will be that much more prepared if ever you are put in a shoot/don't shoot situation. :thumb:

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT
You'd be surprised how many people get killed by 22's. We had a call at a bar and one guy was down. We couldn't see why he was down. There was no blood or anything. Investigation revealed he had been killed by a 22 cal. pen gun. People laugh at that little caliber bullet, but what they don't realize, is when you're hit with one, it tends to bounce around inside of you, tearing up vital organs. Just like in this case.

that is a common misconception about the bouncing around part.... they actually just veer off course and sometimes tumble. they do not bounce around inside your body.

lotsofmiles

Father of the Van
Dec 4, 2008
Michigan
Ive got a few I carry, sometimes at the same time:rolleyes:

but lately I've been carring a Colt 32 about 100 years old. MY great grandfather bought it new around 1910 I was told. Shoots nice too

adeso

wait, what?
May 30, 2011
Minot, ND
for you guys that do not carry every day; is it because your work place does not allow or because you choose not to.

for obvious reasons i can't carry at work but i carry 99.9% of the time i am not at work.

i train whenever i can even if it is just unholstering, taking aim and reholstering. i want the weapon i carry to be an extension of my body so if i am ever in a situation where i need to use it there is no fumbling. muscle memory and training your arms and hands to naturally place your sights on what you are looking at is critical. like some of you said a smaller caliber shot in center mass will be more effective than a large caliber shot missing by an inch.

Smart man, people never practice enough IMHO /><O:p></O:p>
as far as the 22-<O:p></O:p>
I think one of the worse things to get shot with is a 22, it’s hard to track down. Why it’s not great to carry is it takes too long to incapacitate your attacker. If I can hide it I really like my HK 40, hot round and enough ammo you can dump rounds at the bad guy while getting out of there. I think a pistol should be used to fight your way to a long gun-or in self-defense get rounds at the bad guy while leaving the area/making him think the same thing. But you still need to be accurate so you don't hit bystanders. The only time I'd go after a person with a pistol is an active shooter (like AZ)<O:p></O:p>
But... at the same time having a really good pistol does you no good if you left it home b/c is a pain to carry, that’s why I like my little 380, not that great but it’s easy to have on you and it makes a lot of noise to get out of there.<O:p></O:p>

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Love it when the cowboys show up. I'd bet your socks would be wet with piss before you pulled your pistol.:roflmao:

Colt

Jul 23, 2010
Alaska Survival Deringer .4570 top .410 under. Can us .45 colt on top barrel and pack a .410 with .00 buckshot on the underside. Trick little gun for packing in back country or back city either way. Amereican Derringer Co. Waco, TX. Stainless is real nice. Look at this outfits US made stuff it's trick!!!!!!!!!