Got my concealed weapon permit today !!!

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
I have mine Trent. I've had it for two years now, but have only carried a handful of times. Its really nice to know that if you wanted to, you can carry. I need to get something smaller then the USP Compact I have and I think i'd carry a lot more.

On edit: Trying to get my GF to take the class so she can get her permit. There was a double murder literally around the corner from were we live, so it doesnt give me warm and fuzzy feelings when either of us go places at night :mad:

Ya , I actually care more about my wife packing then myself and am glad she went with me , hell she lined up the whole thing !

Open and concealed carry are legal in AZ without a permit. I carry my .45 most of the the time and the wife carries a 9mm in her diaper bag. People are crazy these days so its nice to be able to have a way of protecting yourself.

Also if you havent joined the NRA I suggest you do. They fight for 2nd Ammendment rights and push gun ownership and carry laws.

On the DroidX

Def a member of the NRA :thumb:

congrats what carry weapon do you have in mind, i love my ruger lcp

what 45 do you carry ive never seen one that i think would be comfortable and not print. my .45 stays in the truck and i carry my lcp

I have no clue yet , for now i will just carry my Ruger 9mm , but it is way to bulky to carry a lot , I will check into the Ruger for sure .

I just got mine in the mail 2 weeks ago .. pretty easy just have to make sure you keep up with the laws always being re written .. what are you looking at to carry im thinking of maybe a S&W 38 special rev. all black of course.. congrats:thumb:

I dont even really know what there is out there in the compact market , I really want something about the size of my 9mm that is not as wide , the length isnt too bad but i could see a thick gun being uncomfortable to conceal .

congrats trent! i want to take the class here soon mainly for the GF so she feels more comfortable with a gun and understands the laws. I carry a 357 in a shoulder hostler on any trips we do or if i know we arent goin in the greatest part of town.

It was so easy i wondered after why i put it off so long , we hads a good instructor that did every little step , took the photo's , printed them , sent them all into the the proper agency's ect , we really just had to show up .

Hey Linden, hands down the best holster I have found and the cheapest. I tried many but being I am pretty slender it hides my Springfield .40 sub compact the best. It sure is bulky though. I have the inside the waistband and outside as well.

I will check out the Linden , the inside the waist one will probably by the first style i try and buy others from there , our instructor showed us a really nice inside the waste holdster but dont remember the brand,

Got mine last year. Ohio just passed a law making it legal to carry in bars. Unless your drinking of coarse.

we can carry in bars too , but have to stay under the legal limmit .

i wish texas was open carry like arizona. thats all i ask

We have always been ably to open carry , but the gun must be at least 2 steps to be ready to fire , have to have a permit to conceal , but we can legally have a concealed fire arm in our vehicles with no permit at all if your above 18 , we are pretty lucky Utah has some pretty fair gun laws compared to other states .

Whitetail Addict

Rockin' the stock tune
May 8, 2008
South Central Pennsylvania
Congrats Trent:thumb:

I think PA has the least gun laws of all states, even less restrictive than Texas. I just had to fill out a form, pass a background check, and have my picture taken.
The PA LCTF is valid in at least 26 states, and cities of the first order. I like the S&W M&P subcompact in 357 Sig with IWB holster.

duramax hd

Feb 27, 2009
CT
Trent, I bought my dad a Walther PPS .40 last year for christmas. Its a very slim gun and a real nice peice imo. I wanted him to have a backup weapon for when he was on duty and a small carry gun off duty. I only bought the .40 over the 9mm they also offer as his dept supplies all their ammunition but only in the .40 cal. The 9mm is a lot more controlable and plan to buy a PPS 9mm for myself and the gf to share in the next few weeks hopefully.

http://www.walther-pps.com/

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
congrats trent! i want to take the class here soon mainly for the GF so she feels more comfortable with a gun and understands the laws. I carry a 357 in a shoulder hostler on any trips we do or if i know we arent goin in the greatest part of town.

I hope your shooting .38s when you carry so you don't shoot through someone and hit a bystander. 357 is way too hot for carry...
I carry a glock 36 all the time, shit doesn't only hit the fan when your gun is on.

Last edited:

GeneralTJI

Turbo Todd
Jun 1, 2010
Colorado
I sent in my application well over a month ago. They told me it will take at least 2 months. Had to make an "appointment" to turn in the paperwork after taking the class... I don't mind the class and the application, but the 2 month+ wait is BS. I buy guns all the time, it sometimes takes a little as 3 min for my background check.... but not for the CCW. It's a more "thorough" check... load of crap

Bonestock

Aug 9, 2010
Worland Wy
Cool deal Trent!

The wife and I both have them she has a springfield XD 40 and I run around with a Glock model 21 .45 The classes we took were super cool. There was a night time shoot no shoot scenario with real live cops screaming profanities in your ear will a video was going on. I want to drop my gun and punch the mofo in the nose! Other than that it was sweet. What you need a gun for that boxer will take care of any strangers!

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
congrats what carry weapon do you have in mind, i love my ruger lcp
2010-11-18222821.jpg

what 45 do you carry ive never seen one that i think would be comfortable and not print. my .45 stays in the truck and i carry my lcp

I carry a Beretta Px4 Storm .45 but I also carry a Beretta FS96 40cal. Both are full frame guns but the Px4 is pretty big. Beretta makes a compact and sub compact Px4 that I would like to get for the wife.

Mackin, the diaper bag is for my 8 month old. Why are you trying to talk shit on my wife anyways?!

On the DroidX

Last edited:

bartman432

Nov 4, 2011
Bad guys will carry no matter what. If law abiding citizens everywhere were allowed to carry, massacres like what happened a couple weeks ago in Seal Beach could be avoided, or should I say less lives could have been lost. I carry always.....Glock 19 15+1, 9mm +P+ :D

adeso

wait, what?
May 30, 2011
Minot, ND
When I turned 21, I got my CC before I had my first drink! But make sure if you carry you practice. I think you should only CC if you are prepared to take a life in self-defense and you have a cool head dealing with retards. You would be surprised how great Tasers/stun guns work!
My favorite summer carry is my LCP with a wallet holster, winter my HK 2000 with a inside the pants holster.<O:p></O:p>
Glad you live in a state you can CC!

PAT

EASY DAY
Aug 21, 2011
your back yard
Load it with mag tech jacketed hollow points. Mag techs are by far the most destructive jhp. Hope you never have to use it Trent... BUUUUT...

Randy5.0

MAKE IT 3 YDS MF
Sep 7, 2008
Its a good feeling to be able to carry if you choose. Personally, I wouldn't carry a .380....... just wouldn't bet my life on it. Minimum .40
-Randy

Mike_S

OOPS!
Nov 18, 2009
Idaho
The .380s are nice because they are very very concealable. I have both a taurus .380 and a glock 21. The taurus actually is suprisingly accurate, and i was also surprised with its penetration. Nothing like my 21, but if someone was coming at me, trust me, that .380 would stop them. The .45 is still more impressive though. Believe it or not, a friend of mine loaded one round in my .45, bet me 50 bucks that he could hit a fire extinguisher from almost 100 yards....and drilled it dead center. :thumb: i about shat myself...i cant even see that far! :rofl: