Busted by police for deleting

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Only thing i can think of on that is emissions is a federal offense.

Part of the papers you sign when you purchase a vehicle, transfer a title, and so on state you will not alter the emission controls in an unapproved manner. This is also why there is 8 years 80k mile emission warranties as the federal laws also mandate that you cannot run anything other than stock cat converters on vehicles under a certain age or milage unless they have specific approval to do so. Seen shops get in trouble for selling cats to people for vehicles still covered under the emissions warranty. Midas and shops like that DO NOT like having to refund a customers money, and then pay the dealership to put an oem cat back on because they messed with it which voided the oem warranty. Theres alot that people agree to when they get a license, register a vehicle, or even just buy one.

chevor

Highway hauler.
Sep 17, 2015
On the Road
IMO they'll screw with the biggest asshole who shouldn't be on the road. Through as many fines at them as possible so the lawyers, Judges can't put him back on the road.

dirtydmax

<---up shit creek
Sep 1, 2013
muskoka,Ont Canada
We have the mto cops up here and there the worst of the worst.I had my regular cab on the road for half an hour and got popped by local cops who brought in the mto for an inspection...cage,spray (ready to play)no hood,ect, ect...they let me go with unreasonable smoke fines but was told the next time kiss it goodbye.sucks having a truck you can't drive.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
We have the mto cops up here and there the worst of the worst.I had my regular cab on the road for half an hour and got popped by local cops who brought in the mto for an inspection...cage,spray (ready to play)no hood,ect, ect...they let me go with unreasonable smoke fines but was told the next time kiss it goodbye.sucks having a truck you can't drive.

That's exactly why Trump is going to be our next President!!!

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
You guys kill me you think the president is going to change this.

I think there is more to the story then this guy told your wife.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
I would bet it was a DOT rig that was going across scales and got inspected if this is true. I'd love to see trump in office but I have no doubt Hillary is going to win this one.

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
You guys kill me you think the president is going to change this.

I think there is more to the story then this guy told your wife.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Change has to start somewhere. These extremist are not going to just go away. It will take the president and congress working together to take away powers that are unconstitutionally granted to the epa and other agency that make laws...

Right now we as a people have one huge problem, that is everybody thinks they are right.

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
Next thing I see, guys are going to complain about getting speeding tickets when they get caught speeding. Deleting a truck is illegal, I'm not sure why you guys think if you get caught there shouldn't be any repercussions. That being said, I'd delete any newer truck if I had one, but I'd also know I may get caught someday. This has nothing to do with emissions and everything to do with breaking the law.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
The person sitting in the oval(or oral for some) office is just a figurehead. Got some bad mews if you think Trump's gonna change any of this. And he broke the law, got caught, and has to pay the piper now. Seems pretty simple to me as well. For all we know, he could have nbeen out with his tow mirrors flipped out, no trailer, truck nuts hangin, smokin people out, and got caught. Without the details who knows. The only thing we DO know is HE CLEARLY BROKE THE LAW AND GOT CAUGHT. Seems pretty simple. Sounds like he got off easy as they could have confiscated his truck and hit him with a half million dollar fine or something along those lines. We all know they've been cracking down at the distribution level, collecting records on people who purchased said products, so we should have known it was only a matter of time before they start making some examples.

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Next thing I see, guys are going to complain about getting speeding tickets when they get caught speeding. Deleting a truck is illegal, I'm not sure why you guys think if you get caught there shouldn't be any repercussions. That being said, I'd delete any newer truck if I had one, but I'd also know I may get caught someday. This has nothing to do with emissions and everything to do with breaking the law.

Common sense, take a look back and read what the EPA/CARB did to EDGE and EFI a few years back, they were breaking the law and even reached out to Australia where EFI is based. Right now it is a trickle down to the rest of us and some states have been using safety inspections for private vehicles to check for catalytic converters etc.

The new emissions system for diesels via the OBD-II port does away with the snap test and a is lot simpler, just plug it in and check for emissions readiness monitors in the ECM and a simple mirror check to see if the catalytic converter and depending on year the DEF tank.

I suspect at least for the guys that live in Arizona/Maricopa County this CARB OBD-II test is on its way as the current system is 25 years old, time to upgrade. If you want to break another law by falsifying information on a state document by registering in another county we're talking Federal and State laws bordering on a low class 6 felony charges for the state.

We just have to accept the fact that enforcement is being stepped up now that the EPA and CARB have joined forces nationwide and is official in 2017, why not start early. Used to be manufacturers had different emissions parameters for vehicles shipped to California, now all new vehicles comply with CARB standards.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_emission_standards

Last edited:

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Not sure what agency caught him or was it a check or police stop. But before he could continue on trip had to get fixed at nearesr dealership. So again not sure of all the details but this is what the guy and shop were talking about and claiming. Was in highland il

Hmm. My dad worked in Highland

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal

i dont know about you but i dont remember voting, or have met anyone who has voted on any vehicle emission laws. I am of the opinion that no law should be able to pass without a vote from the country/state/city/etc's citizens first.

the EPA, CARB, IRS, etc are power hungry and will pass any law that grants them more power or makes them more money. this is all done internally without any of us having any say in it.

still, as it stands, law is law and needs to be followed but there are plenty of those that violate the constitutions and other rights. that is why we need a major change to the system and return it back to the basics.

i dont think Trump will make these needed changes as i am sure he will be in for a big surprise if he gets elected when he finds out that he has a boss that will tell him what to do and not to do. Hillery no doubt already knows this and is on board with it

my 2c

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
I've got bad news for you, that's not how are Country or Constitution works. You may want to try another Country. We elect representatives, that in kind work on our behalf. I'm in no way saying I like what's going on, I am saying this is how it works.

Janimal444

Jun 25, 2012
Salem, NH
i dont know about you but i dont remember voting, or have met anyone who has voted on any vehicle emission laws. I am of the opinion that no law should be able to pass without a vote from the country/state/city/etc's citizens first.

the EPA, CARB, IRS, etc are power hungry and will pass any law that grants them more power or makes them more money. this is all done internally without any of us having any say in it.

still, as it stands, law is law and needs to be followed but there are plenty of those that violate the constitutions and other rights. that is why we need a major change to the system and return it back to the basics.

i dont think Trump will make these needed changes as i am sure he will be in for a big surprise if he gets elected when he finds out that he has a boss that will tell him what to do and not to do. Hillery no doubt already knows this and is on board with it

my 2c

Couldn't agree more:thumb:. These government bureaucracies are completely out of control, and their level of incompetence is beyond embarrassing.

chevor

Highway hauler.
Sep 17, 2015
On the Road
I'm stop when I see one sitting and tell him to go after someone. Didn't you see that guy wildly changing lanes?

I think alot people don't pay attention to history. This is where I think the Democrats are headed
0f344e7e3a6a6faf1ba187996fca8040_zpsbnmlsvaa.jpg

Last edited: