Busted by police for deleting

Goss

Apr 4, 2016
Mulberry Grove, Il
My wife has a 16 2500 that is still within the free oil changes mileage. She had her truck in today for its first oil change to the dealer. While she was in there, a guy driving from oregon to georgia (he is from georgia) had been pulled over. Not sure if it was local, county, state trooper etc, however supposedly he was given fines and mandated to nearesr dealership to have emissions reinstalled on his dime. Now of couse she didnt press for details because hey why would she, especially since im grilling her for details. Guess post is to one, get story out there and 2 get details from the forum on others experiences or info, especially since i havent deleted...yet. this was in illinois about 30 miles east of st louis near 55 and 70 areas.

dirtydmax

<---up shit creek
Sep 1, 2013
muskoka,Ont Canada
A deleted 09 dodge I'm my town got burned good,1st pull over was emissions fines and return to stock at the steeler. The second time(same summer)lost truck and was dismantled,fines,ect.scarry business driving deleted.mind you I'm in Canada so not educated on your laws.

NRA223

May 20, 2015
Pretty crazy, especially since Illinois doesn't even do emissions testing. Although every State Trooper i have ever dealt with was a complete jerk. Makes me glad my old LB7 has no emissions.

Goss

Apr 4, 2016
Mulberry Grove, Il
How much was fines? I see your in Canada wonder if its dofferent there. I guess im wondering what stop is being conducted was it probable cause like blowing smoke or random? Was it a different violation and they checked or was it an actual checkpoint
heard fines are 10k

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Wow. Land of the free my ass.......

If this bullshit is true I will be beyond disgusted. I can't believe how far this country has fallen in my short amount of time on this earth....

The insane, and extreme are certainly in charge!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Goss

Apr 4, 2016
Mulberry Grove, Il
Oh i have no doubt my wife heard this correctly just wosh she had got more details. If anyome wants specific town and dealership that was doing work, pm me ill provide details. Id call up and ask but not sure they would divulge over phone. I dont go to dealer for oil changes in my truck so id have to wait for qofe to go again.

Goss

Apr 4, 2016
Mulberry Grove, Il
Pretty crazy, especially since Illinois doesn't even do emissions testing. Although every State Trooper i have ever dealt with was a complete jerk. Makes me glad my old LB7 has no emissions.

Illinois does do emissions twsting depending on county. Chicago and their communist dominion of course and some areas outside there. St Clair county outside St Louos near Scott AFB does, when i lived on base had to take my truck in. However from sounds of it he was pulled over or hit a road block.

NRA223

May 20, 2015
Didn't realize other counties did. Of course the counties you listed are all the blue counties that kill our state.

NRA223

May 20, 2015
Tazewell here. Only time i'm ever down that way is passing thru on 4 when i head south.

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
Really this just doesn't add up? He was out of state, and they demand him to install all emissions??? Is the state of IL really going to come down to GA to pick him up if he does not comply?

NRA223

May 20, 2015
Really this just doesn't add up? He was out of state, and they demand him to install all emissions??? Is the state of IL really going to come down to GA to pick him up if he does not comply?

Only thing i can think of on that is emissions is a federal offense.

Goss

Apr 4, 2016
Mulberry Grove, Il

Not sure what agency caught him or was it a check or police stop. But before he could continue on trip had to get fixed at nearesr dealership. So again not sure of all the details but this is what the guy and shop were talking about and claiming. Was in highland il