BT DieselWorks Allison Lockup/Unlock Controller 2.0 - NEW FEATURES!

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
1st gear 4-hi is a 11.56:1 ratio using stock rear end gears. (If the converter is locked.)

3rd 4-lo is 14.30:1
4th 4-lo is 10.14:1

Didn't say I wanted to necessarily. But I think there could be times when it would work.

wes06dmax

Feb 23, 2009
South Central Kentucky
1st gear 4-hi is a 11.56:1 ratio using stock rear end gears. (If the converter is locked.)

Didn't say I wanted to necessarily. But I think there could be times when it would work.

1st high should be like a inbetween 2nd and 3rd low unless the numbers I have is wrong

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
but it still doesnt change the fact that even if you shift to 2nd, lock the converter, and downshift to 1st, the converter will unlock by itself after a second or two (on a 5-speed)

TIMTHECARMAN2004

Block Hole Maker
Sep 23, 2007
but it still doesnt change the fact that even if you shift to 2nd, lock the converter, and downshift to 1st, the converter will unlock by itself after a second or two (on a 5-speed)

Ben, what gives??? I have been leaving you messages, and PM's but no responce. None of which has ever been negative. If you don't want me to call atleast tell me to f#$% off. I have always answered the phone for you and always tried to help....????

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all

That would still be a pretty fast final, better have some shit in front of it, or a light sled.:D

isuzulb7

Nov 19, 2010
uxbridge,ontario canada
No, not on the 5-speeds. As Paint said, its hydraulically locked out on the 5-speeds. You would have to physically change stuff in the valve body to have the ability to lock in 1st gear.

6-speeds can be locked in 1st gear with no additional mods. So yes, if you have a 6-speed, my controller will allow you to lock the converter in 1st gear. Im not sure why you would really need to/want to do that though?

the reason i asked is because I have pulled in 4hi 1st and in certain situations it seems to work better then 3rd 4low like when the sled is set light.

maxpower91

May 29, 2010
Yeah I would really just like to have one! Don't care what generation! Just pm me please Ben!!

Last edited:

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
That would still be a pretty fast final, better have some shit in front of it, or a light sled.:D

:confused:

Its a lot lower then 4th, I was thinking if the track was taking a lot of power or it was a short track it might a better option then jumping down to 3rd.

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
:confused:

Its a lot lower then 4th, I was thinking if the track was taking a lot of power or it was a short track it might a better option then jumping down to 3rd.

Oh yeah, a lot slower than 4th, 4th with 373s is real fast. If you had stock gears it would be an option. It might be harder on parts tho. I dont know if any truck could pull 4th with 373s on our tracks anymore. Wonder what would happen when you tried to lock the converter in second tho? High 12s seems to be a pretty fast final for the tracks and sleds around here and out east in the "mecca" lol, almost sucked the life out of my truck at platte city, i think that was the heaviest sled ive ever pulled.

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Maybe that's why I can't seem to get the rpm's out of mine that a lot of guy's do.:confused:

I was under the impression that most of the top dmax's ran 4th with 3.73's. Guess I need to do more research....

We pull a sled called the "magnum", its a very heavy sled and he likes to shut us off at 250-280 feet.:( You better make sure you get in 4th early pulling that thing or not at all.

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
Maybe that's why I can't seem to get the rpm's out of mine that a lot of guy's do.:confused:

I was under the impression that most of the top dmax's ran 4th with 3.73's. Guess I need to do more research....

We pull a sled called the "magnum", its a very heavy sled and he likes to shut us off at 250-280 feet.:( You better make sure you get in 4th early pulling that thing or not at all.

Ouch, yes i would def re gear.