BT DieselWorks Allison Lockup/Unlock Controller 2.0 - NEW FEATURES!

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Due to the huge success and positive feedback I have had with my original Allison lockup/unlock controllers, ive been working non-stop on getting my next-generation lockup/unlock controllers completed and ready for sale.

Ive incorporated many new features that I think you guys are going to really like and be able to use to your advantage on both the sled-pulling track and the drag strip. I put a lot of thought and many many hours into the new design and features, but as always, im completely open to constructive criticism if any of you guys have additional ideas/features that you would like to see added in the future.

The foundation for the 'next gen' lockup controllers is a much faster processor/computer with lots more memory and capabilities. In case anyone cares, it has about 5 times the storage space of, and runs/operates about 16 times faster than (32mhz processor) the computer that put the astronauts on the moon in 1969...so basically the penny-sized computer/processor in my next-gen Allison lockup controller could have run the entire 8-day Apollo-11 mission all by itself on a couple AA flashlight batteries. :cool: :D

The main control box is the same size as my first-gen lockup controllers, and uses the same wiring. The next-gen lockup controllers will be offered in both 'complete' form (with hand-held remote control) and 'custom mount' builders kit forms, same as my first-gen lockup controllers. Similar warranty policies will apply to the new controllers (limited-30day for the custom/builders kit, limited-lifetime for the complete kit). Obviously all of the safety features of the first-gen controllers carry over (internal circuit over-temp shutdown, brake pedal/ABS override, etc)

The next-gen lockup controllers will be offered in three "versions". A base model, a mid-range model, and a top-of-the-line model. Obviously the price will vary based on which options you choose.

"Base model" next-gen lockup controller:

-force Lockup only (no force-unlock feature)
-Auto/off 2-position toggle switch
-no manual TC control, automatic based on throttle % only
-red/green LED status indicator (red for auto-armed, green for force-locked)
-automatic lockup based on throttle position (immediately force-locks the TC any time throttle position goes over 95%, unless the "auto/off" switch is turned off)
-transmission current-gear monitoring (will only allow automatic force-TC-lockup if you are in 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, or 6th gear. So it will let you leave the line at WOT in 1st gear but wait until you shift into 2nd before auto-lockup occurs)

"Mid range" next-gen lockup controller:

-Same basic above-mentioned features as "base model", but adds manual "force-unlock" capability with a push-button (there is no force-lock button, throttle % activated only)

"top-of-the-line" next-gen lockup controller (no builders kit available for this model):

-module on/off toggle switch
-separate toggle switch to select "auto" or "manual" mode
-push-button for manual force-lock
-push-button for manual force-unlock
-Throttle % controlled lockup (when in auto mode)
-Boost pressure referenced TC control (when in auto mode)
-Boost pressure threshold is adjustable (ie, you can set what boost you want lockup/unlock to occur)
-multicolor status indicator LED (blue when the module is armed in "auto" mode, red when the module is in TC force-unlocked mode, and green when in TC force-locked mode)
-transmission current-gear monitoring
-automatic UNLOCK based on boost...this feature will be useful to the sled-pullers, you can set the module to automatically unlock the converter when boost drops below a certain level. So when you're at the end of the track and the engine starts to bog down and come off the charger, the module can automatically unlock the converter to keep the turbo spooled.
-Additional general-purpose output that can be programmed to automatically trigger nitrous or water meth (or anything else) based on throttle/boost/gear.
-Future upgradeability
-Additional custom programming options available

The base model second-gen lockup controllers will be priced at $425 plus shipping for the complete kit. The "mid-range" second-gen lockup controller will be $449 plus shipping for the complete kit. I have not finalized pricing for the top-of-the-line second-gen lockup controllers yet, Ill post that in the next couple of days. I am tentatively planning on having these ready to go by the end of the week...

Let me know if you have any questions.

thanks
Ben

Last edited:

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
im likin the way the mid range controller is sounding :woott: might have to get one here shortly

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
If someone were to buy the base or mid range model, would they be able to upgrade later if their setup changed?

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Due to the huge success and positive feedback I have had with my original Allison lockup/unlock controllers, ive been working non-stop on getting my next-generation lockup/unlock controllers completed and ready for sale.

Ive incorporated many new features that I think you guys are going to really like and be able to use to your advantage on both the sled-pulling track and the drag strip. I put a lot of thought and many many hours into the new design and features, but as always, im completely open to constructive criticism if any of you guys have additional ideas/features that you would like to see added in the future.

The foundation for the 'next gen' lockup controllers is a much faster processor/computer with lots more memory and capabilities. In case anyone cares, it has about 5 times the storage space of, and runs/operates about 16 times faster than (32mhz processor) the computer that put the astronauts on the moon in 1969...so basically the penny-sized computer/processor in my next-gen Allison lockup controller could have run the entire 8-day Apollo-11 mission all by itself on a couple AA flashlight batteries. :cool: :D

The main control box is the same size as my first-gen lockup controllers, and uses the same wiring. The next-gen lockup controllers will be offered in both 'complete' form (with hand-held remote control) and 'custom mount' builders kit forms, same as my first-gen lockup controllers. Similar warranty policies will apply to the new controllers (limited-30day for the custom/builders kit, limited-lifetime for the complete kit). Obviously all of the safety features of the first-gen controllers carry over (internal circuit over-temp shutdown, brake pedal/ABS override, etc)

The next-gen lockup controllers will be offered in three "versions". A base model, a mid-range model, and a top-of-the-line model. Obviously the price will vary based on which options you choose.

"Base model" next-gen lockup controller:

-force Lockup only (no force-unlock feature)
-Auto/off 2-position toggle switch
-no manual TC control, automatic based on throttle % only
-red/green LED status indicator (red for auto-armed, green for force-locked)
-automatic lockup based on throttle position (immediately force-locks the TC any time throttle position goes over 95%, unless the "auto/off" switch is turned off)
-transmission current-gear monitoring (will only allow automatic force-TC-lockup if you are in 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, or 6th gear. So it will let you leave the line at WOT in 1st gear but wait until you shift into 2nd before auto-lockup occurs)

"Mid range" next-gen lockup controller:

-Same basic above-mentioned features as "base model", but adds manual "force-unlock" capability with a push-button (there is no force-lock button, throttle % activated only)

"top-of-the-line" next-gen lockup controller (no builders kit available for this model):

-module on/off toggle switch
-separate toggle switch to select "auto" or "manual" mode
-push-button for manual force-lock
-push-button for manual force-unlock
-Throttle % controlled lockup (when in auto mode)
-Boost pressure referenced TC control (when in auto mode)
-Boost pressure threshold is adjustable (ie, you can set what boost you want lockup/unlock to occur)
-multicolor status indicator LED (blue when the module is armed in "auto" mode, red when the module is in TC force-unlocked mode, and green when in TC force-locked mode)
-transmission current-gear monitoring
-automatic UNLOCK based on boost...this feature will be useful to the sled-pullers, you can set the module to automatically unlock the converter when boost drops below a certain level. So when you're at the end of the track and the engine starts to bog down and come off the charger, the module can automatically unlock the converter to keep the turbo spooled.
-Additional general-purpose output that can be programmed to automatically trigger nitrous or water meth (or anything else) based on throttle/boost/gear.
-Future upgradeability
-Additional custom programming options available

The base model second-gen lockup controllers will be priced the same as the first-gen lockup controllers, $399 plus shipping for the complete kit. The "mid-range" second-gen lockup controller will be $449 plus shipping for the complete kit. I have not finalized pricing for the top-of-the-line second-gen lockup controllers yet, Ill post that in the next couple of days. I am tentatively planning on having these ready to go by the end of the week...

Let me know if you have any questions.

thanks
Ben

:)

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
will the top of the line controller with the manual force lock be able to lock the converter in 1st gear? sorry if thats a dumb question.:)

It is hydraulically impossible for a 5 speed to lock the converter in 1st gear, 6 speeds are a different story however

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
will the top of the line controller with the manual force lock be able to lock the converter in 1st gear? sorry if thats a dumb question.:)

No, not on the 5-speeds. As Paint said, its hydraulically locked out on the 5-speeds. You would have to physically change stuff in the valve body to have the ability to lock in 1st gear.

6-speeds can be locked in 1st gear with no additional mods. So yes, if you have a 6-speed, my controller will allow you to lock the converter in 1st gear. Im not sure why you would really need to/want to do that though?

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
You can't lock the converter in 1st gear on a 5 speed. You can however shift from 2nd into 1st with the converter already locked and it will stay locked after it shifts to 1st.;)

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
You can't lock the converter in 1st gear on a 5 speed. You can however shift from 2nd into 1st with the converter already locked and it will stay locked after it shifts to 1st.;)

Yeah but it will only stay locked for about 2 seconds and then unlock by itself, even if you keep the F-trim solenoid lit. Trust me Ive tried this about 100 times. ;)

And on a 5-speed, if you shift to neutral, lock the converter manually, and then shift to drive, it will engage drive with the converter still locked (truck will lurch forward or stall if you have your foot firmly on the brake), and then after about 2 seconds, it will unlock by itself.

Mike would have to explain the hydraulic reasoning why it does that. Maybe at lower pressures/rpm's, the converter flow valve takes longer to stroke, so what you are left with is a converter that stays locked by itself for a couple extra seconds before the valve finally strokes all the way and releases the converter clutch.