Diesel power

Jun 2, 2008
maryland
Better check your facts, been invloved in the emails long before I talked to CN yesterday to see what the final version was supposed to be.

How many did you order to help get the project moving along?

OK summer time....when you got the first e-mail.

Anyway i have intrest in one maybe two, he refused to take deposites untill he has at least 5 willing to commit, which is fine.

BTW why dont you start making these, dont you have the equipment?

Trippin

SoCal Diesel
Aug 10, 2006
OK summer time....when you got the first e-mail.

Anyway i have intrest in one maybe two, he refused to take deposites untill he has at least 5 willing to commit, which is fine.

BTW why dont you start making these, dont you have the equipment?

Yep, have the equipment. Thought about it many times, with 6 machines running constantly, just never seem to be able to find the time to dedicate a machine/personnel to this one project.

baggedLB7

Goer
May 1, 2011
Utah
People need to remember , this could open up a whole new set of options for us , forget about some of the simple benefits for a minute , and consider that one day we may be able to have a 500+ cubic inch dmax :D , its def out of my price range but def cool it might be a option one day .

How could you even call it a duramax though?

A "duramax", by definition, is a 6.6 liter V8 turbo diesel with a deep-skirt iron block, cross bolted mains, 2 oil pans, aluminum heads, 4 valves/cylinder, pushrod, high pressure common-rail fuel injection, etc..

You do something like make a big huge billet block, etc...its not a duramax anymore... so what would be the big accomplishment if you "kicked ass" with it? Its just another "V8 diesel engine", not a duramax specifically.

Maybe im alone in this thinking...but I want to see the DURAMAX taken to the next level...not making something new and putting it in a GM pickup truck.

Still a Duramax just now you will have small block and big block Duramaxs.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
If it can hang a stock duramax crank, any regulation accepts it. That's all that really matters IMO not to mention apparently ALL other dmax components interchange therefore making it pretty easy for ME to call this an aluminum-blocked duramax.

I'm not seeing the "going backwards" idea on billet steel blocks for truck pulling. I suppose an aluminum one may be able to work there but I'm fairly certain a steel one could!

As for the rest of it, I wish I had a need for one of these & then more importantly, the cabbage to purchase it. Sadly, I've got neither but enjoy seeing new badass parts come available!

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
People need to remember , this could open up a whole new set of options for us , forget about some of the simple benefits for a minute , and consider that one day we may be able to have a 500+ cubic inch dmax :D , its def out of my price range but def cool it might be a option one day .

I just dont think people are going to see the advantages out of the big cubes they think. Even most cummins mod trucks that have 3 turbos and unlimited amounts of fuel are still 5.9 or close. Look at all the big 450+ cube stroker duramaxes... where are they at? Just mixed in with the rest of the pack..

None the less, it looks cool, for sled pullers i think rules would only allow in the mod class.

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
I like this idea and agree that this block will be much stronger than a stock block is capable of being. Tony B's billet rear adaptor plate took care of all of issues we were having at the back of the block so I really think this is going to be a big help in opening more doors for us pushing the envolope. Matched with Billet heads that will flow the air it will make a difference. When done properly the cubic inches do help...

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
I like this idea and agree that this block will be much stronger than a stock block is capable of being. Tony B's billet rear adaptor plate took care of all of issues we were having at the back of the block so I really think this is going to be a big help in opening more doors for us pushing the envolope. Matched with Billet heads that will flow the air it will make a difference. When done properly the cubic inches do help...

How do you do big cubes properly? Maybe they do, Im just not impressed with anybodys trucks thats running stroker/big cube motors. Maybe all the guys running them just dont have their set up right? Ill save my money, and run stock, it works perfectly fine for a winning set up in 2.6 or 3.0. The mod guys can run billet heads... they still run 5.9 for the most part, a lot will tell you they've tried big cubes, and went back down.

What issues are you guys having with the back of the block??? Ive never seen anything? I see where it says for 1000hp+ pullers its a must for the rear billet cover, yet kusileks still run a stock rear cover? Id venture to say im not high enough hp to worry about it, but im sure they are.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
How do you do big cubes properly? Maybe they do, Im just not impressed with anybodys trucks thats running stroker/big cube motors. Maybe all the guys running them just dont have their set up right? Ill save my money, and run stock, it works perfectly fine for a winning set up in 2.6 or 3.0. The mod guys can run billet heads... they still run 5.9 for the most part, a lot will tell you they've tried big cubes, and went back down.

What issues are you guys having with the back of the block??? Ive never seen anything? I see where it says for 1000hp+ pullers its a must for the rear billet cover, yet kusileks still run a stock rear cover? Id venture to say im not high enough hp to worry about it, but im sure they are.

Honestly I have to agree with Rob on this one... I personally know 2 trucks that run strokers and for what they run is nothing better than stock motors

I'm so in on all the custom stuff, but untill I see advantages in this stuff , I won't use it

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
wonder if Chris Watson is in on one... I know he had mentioned interest in one a year or more ago... That'd be another to add to the mix and another puller to boot. :D