Diesel power

Jun 2, 2008
maryland
I've been working on this for the a while now and finnaly have CN blocks interested in making them, they will be $10,500 and built to your needs, weight will be around 150lbs, come with tool steel studs and main caps, finished and ready to assemble.

He needs 5 or more to commit to the build before he starts production.

Chuck can be reached @ 972 722 8333

http://cnblocks.com/index.html

Last edited:

Slammed2007Lbz

Super Spicy Tunaz
Feb 1, 2009
NE Ohio
But we arent having any problems breaking blocks wade so how could anyone justify spending 10,000 for just a bare block when they could build a 10sec. motor complete for that:confused:

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
sleeved bores? how large can the bores be? plenty of room for cranks? coolant passages or solid? CP3 still in valley? Basically, is this literally a direct swap for the stock block that everything else will bolt up to like normal?

shooo, I've got too many questions but there's a start. :D

Diesel power

Jun 2, 2008
maryland
sleeved bores? how large can the bores be? plenty of room for cranks? coolant passages or solid? CP3 still in valley? Basically, is this literally a direct swap for the stock block that everything else will bolt up to like normal?

shooo, I've got too many questions but there's a start. :D

Yes to all the above.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
That's a lot of money just to save a few pounds. Sounds like you found a new block, but you need some pigeons to help float the cost.

Yellow Jacket

WannaBe Sled Puller
Feb 11, 2009
Waterloo, IA
Can they make one out of steel? I would be worried about the aluminum block flexing too much in a pulling truck application.....being tied to the frame rails with a mid-plate and plate on the front of the block.

Are there any thoughts on this? I like the idea of a stronger bottom end and more material in different areas. Sleeves are nice too.... I am assuming this block is designed with 2 or 3 turbos,150 psi boost, and 2000 HP in mind?.?.

Diesel power

Jun 2, 2008
maryland
Can they make one out of steel? I would be worried about the aluminum block flexing too much in a pulling truck application.....being tied to the frame rails with a mid-plate and plate on the front of the block.

Are there any thoughts on this? I like the idea of a stronger bottom end and more material in different areas. Sleeves are nice too.... I am assuming this block is designed with 2 or 3 turbos,150 psi boost, and 2000 HP in mind?.?.

sled pulling is tough, yes, but this aluminum is much stronger than the cast from the factory, many gas pullers use aluminum and make way more power than the diesel guys do...

Aluminum has not show any issu'es in about the last 20 years in top fuel @ 8000+ TQ and HP

Diesel power

Jun 2, 2008
maryland
That's a lot of money just to save a few pounds. Sounds like you found a new block, but you need some pigeons to help float the cost.

it's not just the weight or cost, it's design changes that are needed and the ability to rebuild and repair the block in a catastrofic failure circumstance.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
This is sort of a side thought, bout exactly how do the fasteners (head & main studs in particular) get enough holding strength in aluminum? Must be some sort of steel threaded inserts? But then how are those secured?

Its just a general question about any alum block, not just this one. Just curious. :D