LB7: 10 sec zf-6

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Because I wont be able to turn with 30x14x16 radials with my front end on the floor. Find me a spring that wont put my oil pan on the ground and i'll buy them :D

Really.... You have not done your homework

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xternal

Aug 31, 2012
Bri, there's springs out there. All depends on what size you want. I figured the guy that wanted to save every single pound would have these by far. Might as well put your other battery back in if you don't mind the extra 60+ lbs upfront

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Bri, there's springs out there. All depends on what size you want. I figured the guy that wanted to save every single pound would have these by far. Might as well put your other battery back in if you don't mind the extra 60+ lbs upfront

Springs aren't his issue. He and I discussed this long ago when it was still a "driver". That's since changed so I don't know why he hasn't swapped. Well I take that back, it's Brian..... He most likely forgot half of what we talked about :D :hug:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Muff

Just Learning
Oct 7, 2013
Butler, Pa
Talked to south bend yesterday (doode was a mega douche) told him what i wanna do, he says, "ok your gonna need a triple disc and your not gonna be able to shift it fast" i said well thats kinda why i called i wanted to see if there anything "custom" you can make to hold the power and still shift it fast. He just says nope sorry, start in the highest gear you can and shift as little as possible. He was a bunch of help :roflmao:

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Talked to south bend yesterday (doode was a mega douche) told him what i wanna do, he says, "ok your gonna need a triple disc and your not gonna be able to shift it fast" i said well thats kinda why i called i wanted to see if there anything "custom" you can make to hold the power and still shift it fast. He just says nope sorry, start in the highest gear you can and shift as little as possible. He was a bunch of help :roflmao:

Both My dual discs shifts like stock. But I've never had a triple disc.

plowboy_lbz

Farmer
Aug 6, 2013
Why not start with a dd, shave weight and start with a relitivily low power level that the clutch will handle to get a good baseline. Then you can start adding power and pushing the clutch and pray it holds. If not pony up for a triple disk.

Maybe keeping the torque in the upper rpms might help but could hurt your launch.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Why not start with a dd, shave weight and start with a relitivily low power level that the clutch will handle to get a good baseline. Then you can start adding power and pushing the clutch and pray it holds. If not pony up for a triple disk.

Maybe keeping the torque in the upper rpms might help but could hurt your launch.

Kinda wonder if his weight will help with a clutch holding also ?

Xternal

Aug 31, 2012
The weight will certainly help. Anything you can do to remove load the clutch has to hold will certainly aid in the clutches ability to hold power. Honestly a triple disk with a, custom bellhousing so you could get a, bigger clutch in there would help but we're talking more money then I feel like it's worth.

Muff

Just Learning
Oct 7, 2013
Butler, Pa

This is kinda the plan we're heading towards. Gonna start tearing into the truck soon and get it ready for the summer with an automatic of some sort. The plan is to run the stock bottom end hard until it pukes. Get the chassis setup as close as we can with 6-700hp so were not going into this blind with a big built motor and a standard trans. This will allow more time to save the funds and collect more ideas as well. Cruising compd last i stumbled upon a fastest standard trans list, dirk is on top of that list as well.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
This is kinda the plan we're heading towards. Gonna start tearing into the truck soon and get it ready for the summer with an automatic of some sort. The plan is to run the stock bottom end hard until it pukes. Get the chassis setup as close as we can with 6-700hp so were not going into this blind with a big built motor and a standard trans. This will allow more time to save the funds and collect more ideas as well. Cruising compd last i stumbled upon a fastest standard trans list, dirk is on top of that list as well.

Whats that list looking like. Do u have a link? Wonder if I could make it on.

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
Because I wont be able to turn with 30x14x16 radials with my front end on the floor. Find me a spring that wont put my oil pan on the ground and i'll buy them :D

With 16x10s with 6" of Back Spacing you can. We have run them on trucks with 5" drop. At 12.40 lbs each the rims are nice and light too. I have a set of 7" BS but they do not fit. With a handful of modification they with fit with 6.5" BS, but they don't do halfs on BS currently.