Your input on a 600hp DD

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
How can twins make 700 but a single can't?

R U Serious? Are you asking how a twin turbo charged set up can make more power than a single charger set up, on the same amount of fuel? Or are you asking how a given pump can be in different turbo set ups and achieve different power levels, or what?

Twin turbo's, when set up properly, make more power off less fuel, period. I don't know the exact science of it, I'm just a carpenter, but it's no mystery that twins will squeeze more power per ounce of fuel, they push more air, and that makes all the difference.

Mark Broviak comes to mind, not too long ago he was chasing and attained the title of highest whp on a single cp3, just by adding twins, and iirc, not changing his tune at all, he put down something like 200 more whp, I can't remember exactly how much more hp, maybe it was only 100 more whp then he changed the tune and got 200? the thread is on this forum somewhere...I can't explain it, but there is just one example of twins making more power off the same amount of fuel...come to think of it, Mark has now upped his game to triples! So I bet he has even further pushed the single cp3 power level bar to new heights

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
R U Serious? Are you asking how a twin turbo charged set up can make more power than a single charger set up, on the same amount of fuel? Or are you asking how a given pump can be in different turbo set ups and achieve different power levels, or what?

Twin turbo's, when set up properly, make more power off less fuel, period. I don't know the exact science of it, I'm just a carpenter, but it's no mystery that twins will squeeze more power per ounce of fuel, they push more air, and that makes all the difference.

Mark Broviak comes to mind, not too long ago he was chasing and attained the title of highest whp on a single cp3, just by adding twins, and iirc, not changing his tune at all, he put down something like 200 more whp, I can't remember exactly how much more hp, maybe it was only 100 more whp then he changed the tune and got 200? the thread is on this forum somewhere...I can't explain it, but there is just one example of twins making more power off the same amount of fuel...come to think of it, Mark has now upped his game to triples! So I bet he has even further pushed the single cp3 power level bar to new heights

Your clueless.

BUST'EM 504

Oct 7, 2009
I have my set up since late 2009. I added the 45 overs abput 2 years ago to help tweak the tuning. I have run the truck pretty hard, ran a 12.32 when it was lowered. Tows a 32 foot gooseneck and tractor almost every week. Rob has tuned it since day one and I think thats a big reason why it hasn't spit the bit. Id say go for it whether its a single or twins this setup has proven it self over and over again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 4

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah

No what you aren't thinking of it mark could have gone with a larger single to make the same amount of hp that the twins did. Every truck is different.

Mark could have gone with a larger single to flow more air and gotten similar results.

Slowmax

Build what others' won't
Aug 3, 2013
United States
I have my set up since late 2009. I added the 45 overs abput 2 years ago to help tweak the tuning. I have run the truck pretty hard, ran a 12.32 when it was lowered. Tows a 32 foot gooseneck and tractor almost every week. Rob has tuned it since day one and I think thats a big reason why it hasn't spit the bit. Id say go for it whether its a single or twins this setup has proven it self over and over again.

What's the weight of the truck at those passes? Also who did your injectors? I am without a doubt going the route I have listed previously, I have parts coming in. I am just seeing if you guys who are already running a setup like that would change anything or go about it differently. All feedback is greatly appreciated! :thumb:

Utahski

Oct 20, 2008
Northern Utah
We've seen your time slips, you are putting down less than some stock turbo/fuel trucks. I'm sure it will hold up just fine :rofl:

And from what I've seen/read from you, you shouldn't be giving advise to anyone on here. Might just need to read more than type. :thumb:

x2

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Your clueless.
Uh huh, stupid is as stupid does....I didn't ask how a twin turbo charged set up could make more power than a single off the same pump though...:rofl:

Im clueless....OK. oh BTW, you're using the word "your" improperly here, "you are" is abbreviated like this: you're, this is saying it as a descriptive word or an action, "you are""you're" by saying your, you are implying ownership, your clueless, doesn't really make sense, but yes, I have at times "owned" clueless, at which point you could hold up a bag and say "here's your clueless"

No what you aren't thinking of it mark could have gone with a larger single to make the same amount of hp that the twins did. Every truck is different.

Mark could have gone with a larger single to flow more air and gotten similar results.

Oh, really....thanks for the insight:thumb:
So what single could he have used to move as much air and make as much power as the twins he chose? Im curious? The vgt72 moves just about as much air as a 4202r...Maybe a gt55 or an s500 base in the valley, that might move 80% the volume of air as the twins he used, and I bet it would have spooled just as well too:spit: and looked super retro cool with the hood off or an even bigger cowl hood, cuz I don't think the single turbo that would be required will fit:woott: if it even exists

Last edited:

Slowmax

Build what others' won't
Aug 3, 2013
United States
Roughly7200. Extrude hone did the tips only.

I try going to their website and it doesn't work. Do you or does anyone know if they went out of business? And with that race weight and time slip where does that put you hp 650+?

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
Uh huh, stupid is as stupid does....I didn't ask how a twin turbo charged set up could make more power than a single off the same pump though...:rofl:

So what single could he have used to move as much air and make as much power as the twins he chose? Im curious? The vgt72 moves just about as much air as a 4202r...Maybe a gt55 or an s500 base in the valley, that might move 80% the volume of air as the twins he used, and I bet it would have spooled just as well too:spit: and looked super retro cool with the hood off or an even bigger cowl hood, cuz I don't think the single turbo that would be required will fit:woott: if it even exists

That has nothing to do with your post. You said twins make more hp with a stock cp3 than a single does. Then have us refer to a non stock cp3 truck. If a stock cp3 truck has twins, a larger turbo can move just as much air as the twins.

Haven't you heard of turbo relocations kits as well?

Example: a truck with an s475 over stock on a stock cp3 can make the same amount of hp a truck with a single s475.

Last edited:

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA

Every time you post everyone on the site gets dumber. I'm still waiting on the answer to my question from you.

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Every time you post everyone on the site gets dumber. I'm still waiting on the answer to my question from you.

Well Sally, in my lamens understanding and explanation, it's like this...

Twins supply more air, more air pressure more air volume, from at, or just off idle to red line, while supplying more air at any given rpm, they also don't work as hard to do so, given a set load demand, this added air benefits the fuel mixture at any given rpm, more air per measured volume of fuel will allow for a more efficient combustion event(to a degree) and more power, also there will be more air available in the upper rpm's when smaller single chargers choke out, twins will be pushing hard utilizing the fuel that is there making more power up top, during all of which, twins will maintain lower egt's as well, helping to ward off piston damage, detonation, which allows for more timing, allowing for more power, multiple charger systems are efficient where a single charger system isn't . There's a shit ton more to it than that, and my explanation is spotty to say the least. The added air Twins produce just makes better use of the energy potential stored in the fuel, but the amount of energy potential the fuel has never changes

Last edited:

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
coco, I didn't go back and read but I think Mark added a big brother to the same valley turbo and gained 200hp with no tune changes. This is expected, since he added air on top of the big single he was already running. My memory gets fuzzy though :thumb:

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin

Your wrong sorry. No way in hell could he have got a single to do what his twins did. Ever! Period. Thats why he went the route he went. You can not get a single to have same street manners as twins or triples. You would have one smoky sob of a turd on the street as a single to get the amount of hp he is at.

Pretty sure mark knows what hes doin, prolly the reason he went twins and now triples.

Last edited:

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
Your wrong sorry. No way in hell could he have got a single to do what his twins did. Ever! Period. Thats why he went the route he went. You can not get a single to have same street manners and twins or triples. U would have one smoky sob of a turd kn the street as a single to get the amount of hp he is at.

Pretty sure mark knows what hes doin, prolly the reason he went twins and now triples.

I think in the end that's what I hot coke tail is talking/thinking about is drive ability with a single vs twins/triples not power from x amount of fuel.

Last edited: