Who is running AF (alternate firing) order cams, and for how long?

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
I hate to say this, and believe me I understand all to well how your feeling.

Unfortunately, just getting your money back is going to be the best outcome you can hope for. Going for per diem or lost time isn't going to get you anywhere unless you can prove the truck is used for and a sole source to your income, even then it'll be difficult.

The best/worst thing to do is continue to share about your experience and hope to hit the merchants bottom line that way

Sometimes it does, sometimes it won't. Most people here don't realize that the forums are a fraction of the source of our business (yes, I am speaking for all performance diesel shops). The online community is a great source of opinion, but it is not even close to the end-all-be-all of one's decision to perform a modification. Local advertising at events and word-of-mouth are the leading factors in good work flow, from what I've seen. One's reputation, dedication, and customer service still plays a huge role, and it has very little to do with what he/she says about their experience on the internet, but more-so during face to face interaction.

Bigdirtylbz07

Feb 3, 2011
Northeast indiana
That's why I'm spreading the word about my experience and make sure other people that are in the diesel industry that I talk to literally on a daily basis know about what I'm going through and they are completely speechless on how I'm being treated. And I don't like being a vindictive person but when you have that amount of money from me that I paid for right on the spot and then jerk me around for 3 months there's no person out there that would just lay back and take it

Sent from a truck somewhere in the US

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
I think I'm just going to take the lawyer and better business bureau route because this is completely uncalled for it's one thing if it's an honest mistake but one thing I hate is being avoided on purpose because they don't have their crap in order

Call Visa, they manage most debit cards. Any legit business will pay close attention to any call from them...;)

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Sometimes it does, sometimes it won't. Most people here don't realize that the forums are a fraction of the source of our business (yes, I am speaking for all performance diesel shops). The online community is a great source of opinion, but it is not even close to the end-all-be-all of one's decision to perform a modification. Local advertising at events and word-of-mouth are the leading factors in good work flow, from what I've seen. One's reputation, dedication, and customer service still plays a huge role, and it has very little to do with what he/she says about their experience on the internet, but more-so during face to face interaction.

I disagree. Social media is one of the best and fastest ways to spread positive or negative feedback about a company or issue. And that transfers over to word of mouth eventually.

A general consensus on the internet gives a much broader spectrum of potential and previous customers than small town talk of a local shop does. And don't kid yourself if you think it doesn't bring in or turn away business.

Bigdirtylbz07

Feb 3, 2011
Northeast indiana
I'll get some answers tomorrow, all I get is "that's not my department I don't know anything that's going on with your situation" I have heard that 4 times in a row

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
You sure are getting the Run Around Sue treatment. As others have said you need the tracking number. Call your bank also as mentioned.

EDP is a member here also probably reading along. Looks like the proper decision was made not to allow them vendor status.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Someone should send a link of this thread to Tom (TheBac) because I believe he made some pretty heavy-hearted remarks in disapproval over on CompD when it was decided not to allow them to be vendors. Since then, he hasn't been on here much if it all (I haven't tracked his every move, just seems like I haven't seen him post much on here since then). Maybe this would help him get over that heartburn. :thumb:

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
He's miss informed that is all just like them accusing Pat being a Socal preferred vendor. It's BS I don't even recall Pat ever cheer-leading or promoting.

rgullett83

Oct 27, 2008
Illinois
^^ I hope not I am gonna call and cancel Monday, then call socal and have one mid week

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Bigdirtylbz07

Feb 3, 2011
Northeast indiana
I'm at the point of regardless of what happens I'm turning this into the better business bureau but I will also be heading that same route Riley

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
BBB is a scam. You can "buy" ratings, and buy yourself out of bad ratings. And nobody really cares about BBB ratings anymore.

It went down the toilet many years ago, when accountants took it over.

First, your bank. Second, a letter to the Attorney General of the state.

Third, the Automotive Repair Board of that state.

Last the BBB.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Double Note:

If within 2 weeks from today they do not resolve, this board will do an IP ban on the seller, and anyone affiliated with them on a business level.

This is our normal behavior when a complaint is filed against a non-Vendor. Ask Wade Moody.

Bigdirtylbz07

Feb 3, 2011
Northeast indiana
Thanks a lot for that advice!! I will do just that in compD. I just wish it didn't have to come to this...all I was trying to do was get my motor built and have a stron running truck again. It seems like since I wasn't buying in volume they really don't give a crap

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
Posted on your thread there too.

As I mentioned, IIRC No Limit makes their cams, although they probably wouldn't be any help with your current situation.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk