Who is running AF (alternate firing) order cams, and for how long?

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Chad is going above and beyond to take care of me I talked with him on the phone for a while today and he explained a lot to me as to what he's up against no hard feelings anymore he's done what most companies wouldn't

Sent from a truck somewhere in the US

You must be alot more forgiving than most... It shouldn't take starting threads on the internet to get these people to man up and do what they should have done along time ago... Still total BS if you ask me. I am glad he is making right, but I doubt my money would go there now. Not that it matters, I'm just a small fish and don't really count:thumb: No one reads this stuff anyhow:D

Bigdirtylbz07

Feb 3, 2011
Northeast indiana
You must be alot more forgiving than most... It shouldn't take starting threads on the internet to get these people to man up and do what they should have done along time ago... Still total BS if you ask me. I am glad he is making right, but I doubt my money would go there now. Not that it matters, I'm just a small fish and don't really count:thumb: No one reads this stuff anyhow:D

I'm forgiving when someone actually owns up to a situation and then takes the time to explain what's really going on with everything and do all they can to make it right with the customer then I can have a little compassion and understanding so I'm hoping it all does work out in the end

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
I thought guy just posted in fingers crank thread that the firing order is hardcoded into the program & not changeable unless switch to bosch ecm or reroute wires.

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
Kory can change it with his vodo stuff and flash it in your ECM. I think only on LBZ or LMM right now but it wouldn't surprise me if he could do it on the others as well

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Sorry if this has been beat to death, if it has I've missed it. How is everyone thats running these cams changing their firing order? I see Korey can change it in the ECM with another flash tool.

Is everyone else just moving the pins in the main connectors? Like switching the injector wires between the alternate cyls?

We are about to start putting together an lly with an af cam and I'm trying to figure out what we are supposed to do on this side of it..

Thanks.

tracygto

Apr 18, 2014
deshler ohio
so has any one actually received a cam from empire ? I called them yesterday and asked if they had these cams and they said TWO WEEKS no kidding and then I called socal diesel and the guy on the phone told me that empire stole their idea and their cam that he said they have on the shelf was almost $1500.00 AND Empire was $1200.00.

Bigdirtylbz07

Feb 3, 2011
Northeast indiana
so has any one actually received a cam from empire ? I called them yesterday and asked if they had these cams and they said TWO WEEKS no kidding and then I called socal diesel and the guy on the phone told me that empire stole their idea and their cam that he said they have on the shelf was almost $1500.00 AND Empire was $1200.00.

I'll be seeing mine soon actually, that's been on on going match for a while the only two people that know the finer details are empire and SoCal...

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca

The funny part is they both use it as an excuse to over charge for a camshaft. I'm willing to pay for innovation, but 1500 for a cam is ridiculous.

Bigdirtylbz07

Feb 3, 2011
Northeast indiana
Yes there was a lot of confusion that was going on and it wasn't all on empires part, chad has since then been contacting and keeping me updated along with other customers while they are getting the situation handled

Bigdirtylbz07

Feb 3, 2011
Northeast indiana
The funny part is they both use it as an excuse to over charge for a camshaft. I'm willing to pay for innovation, but 1500 for a cam is ridiculous.

To me it sounds along like paying for the name at that price and I probably will catch some heat for that comment but I completely agree with you

tracygto

Apr 18, 2014
deshler ohio
Yes that's my thoughts exactly I wonder if I can place order and not send my money to them until its ready to ship??? I just talked to a sales person on the phone yesterday. I just built a LMM for my 08 dually I have as follows Built trans by a local puller/builder says ok to 1000 hp sinister diesel egr delete with pipe, mitshimoto 3" up pipe to turbo, 30% over injector tips, 85%over cp3 pump, airdog 165, ppe race valve and ported fittings, ppe race exhaust and up pipes, 3" down pipe and 4" straight exhaust, ARP head studs and grade C head gaskets, mishimoto upper and lower coolant lines (pricey at that) mishimoto catch can and pcv reroute, heads FULLY ported and polished and three angle valve cut, banna pan lower oil pan and probably some more things I forgot but put 250 EASY miles on and last Saturday on way to jamboree in Lima OHIO crank broke at front second journal. original engine went 320000 before it broke in same place!!!! I have sold some extra things around house to help this time around but I am tired lol Rob at ATP trucks gave me a quote getting cam from socal but like I said earlier its $1500.00 and right now that's almost all the cash I have for the rebuild. The guy where I bought first motor is giving me a replacement so my only costs are cam,upper gaskets which I have most and since out and available gonna rebuild turbo and install 68mm wheel in it.

Last edited: