What did you do at work today?

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Drive a new 17 L5Pto a jobsite Saturday to nipple down a frac stack. Truck has 2200 miles and I'm not going to lie the thing shifted like complete garbage. I was not impressed whatsoever. The guy whose truck it is said it's shifted like that since new. Seems to defuel bad on a few and the 3/4 4/5 shift don't bang but they are everything but smooth. I'll keep my 06

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Built our Liebherr 1300. Adult Legos. This is with a baby 244' of boom.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/yf4Rk"><a href="//imgur.com/yf4Rk"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

jlawles2

Jan 28, 2010
Danbury, TX
1300's are nice little machines. Will have one of those and an LTM 1220 putting together one of the ringers. 93m main and 69m of jib. Heaviest pick is 388 metric ton plus rigging and hook.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Did a little chart updating on a trawler headed down to St John.
a28569a55462401657cd59b69a753eda.jpg

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
Moved some equipment from old shop to new building. That’s a MMC2 production cell with 2 horizontal machining centers.

fd9ff401dde7c6648bb34f05f42fac80.jpg
10e5bf1ef93245e8139d3098b2e6c509.jpg
4132d374e8603b47e4238613b2c21a99.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Yikes, thats a haul and a half. Be safe, Adam.

Only thing sucks is got to dead headed down to Charlotte NC.. some 500 miles.. then ~1000-1100 up to UP MI
Rate is pretty nice and dedicated customer, told them we didn't have anyone down there or loads headed that way but we got a truck available They said send the truck and bill us for dead head.. So it won't hurt too bad.

Supposedly another major OS company has been hauling alot of large equipment out of WI heading south.. going to see if we can get some fall off stuff.

Ran to Sweetwater TX from Ohio last weekend.. that was ~1200 one way..
Laredo TX is the farthest one way run if done roughly 1500 miles, takes 2-2.5 days on the log book, from Ohio

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Got the keys on my new to me 16 lml. Cclb, wannabe grille guard, jobbox and side boxes in the back along with generator, torches and enough crap to do wellhead field service. 45k ish miles and I don't care for the power or lack there of...im stock trim obviously. It's uncomfortable, I don't like the mirrors, and man they are just a pita to see out off compared to my lbz. It might have a newer more updated bit of electronics but it looks plastic as hell. Y'all with these new ones can have em imo. I think the only thing I wish I had was a aux jack and I'd be in heaven with the lbz interior

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Figured I give some back story to the eld stuff..
ELD , electronic logging device, has been around for better part of 10 years, originally is was for carrier's that could not operate safely with paper logs.
Carrier's are monitored, by road side inspection, (which is illegal rabbit trail).
So mega fleets like, US Xpress, SWIFT, Werner, CRST, knight, roel, JB hunt, Prime couldn't operate safely, to the point they regular insurance companies wouldn't cover them, so they went self insured, so now they are self insured they can train people to get CDLs..

Side note..
All places have new or limited experience cld drivers ride with trainers... Usually with multiple years of safe driving under their belt..
Most states required 300+ hours of behind the wheel experience/training plus 50-100 hours of class room training before you're allowed to even attempted a skills test, then most companies require 300-400 hours be hind the wheel with a company trainer before being turned loose in a truck on their own.. sounds fairly reasonable common sense, when you're talking truck trailer cost around 250k plus cargo which could be in the millions...

What are they mega fleets doing..
Taking a guy that is completely green, 4-6 weeks he has a class A CDL, his trainer, usually has less than 1 year experience.. and being turned loose on the roads...

So the mega fleets talking 1000 plus power units or more. Which makes up of about 30% of the carriers. still couldn't operate safely, the fmcsa/dot came in an said either shut down or go on ELDs.. so they went ELD, revenue per truck dropped, roughly 30%, they realize the can't compete with the small fleets that where on paper, so they got the ATA(Americans truckers association)and the teamsters to lobby Congress for map -21 in 2015.
They mega fleets figured they can't beat us we'll use the government to kill the small guys,

Fmcsa/Dot release crash reports, for commercial vehicles weighing 10000lb or more.. CMVs with ELDs are 5x more likely to cause a wreck than with non ELDs..
Yet you look at the propaganda pushed by the government ELD are safer and they'll save lives...
Swift has killed 200+ people so far this year.. they are 100% ELD company been that way for a long time.

This takes affect come Monday 12/18/17. Current regs states any vehicle chassis that is 2000 or newer or has a 2000 or newer Engine in is required to have ELDs to haul frieght. Anything older is exempt and can run paper.

Alot of companies don't like mega fleets, mainy because the product usually gets damage if it shows up.
That's how the company I'm leased to makes majority of our money..
Fall out From this?
Obviously it won't be over night, government has already said we're not ready to enforce it, and said we're not shutting anyone down for not being in compliance till April..
Productivity per truck will drop, rates will most likely go up, which will drive the price on the shelf up, as any small business person knows operating cost is passed on to the end user..

Example of how eld works
You have a 14h clock..a 11hour clock and a rolling 70h clock over 8 day.
14h clock starts when you get in your vehicle and Doesn't stop until 14h is up or you get out of your vehicle for at least 10h
11h clock starts when you vehicle moves and stops when is stops.
Your 70h clock starts when you first get in your vehicle

You cannot work past 14H or do more than 11h or work inside that 14h window
The rolling 70h is over 8 day time frame. If you use that up in 5 days you are required to shut down for 34 hours

So a 9-7 job, you have 1.5 hour one way trip to work.. plus a 10h work day, all good an fine until bad weather, traffic, work runs late, relief is late, etc once you go over 14h you're in violation, fines, points and if caught over 14h by a cop you can move your vehicle or do any work for 10h not matter where you're are, including side of the road

I'm fine with voluntary implementation, or I screw up enough often enough that I need it... This is mandatory..

And insurance is saying we won't insure you with out ELD as well.. can't operate without insurance

gassux

Mar 14, 2010
I commute alot and I have never seen so many bridge strikes in my life, at least once a week on our parkways and even the long island expressway. On friday, there was a low boy in front of me with one of those million dollar milling machines. This dummy peeled the whole top off of this machine. I blame laziness and the fact that everyone is on pills for this nonsense. It's always during rush hour...

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
I commute alot and I have never seen so many bridge strikes in my life, at least once a week on our parkways and even the long island expressway. On friday, there was a low boy in front of me with one of those million dollar milling machines. This dummy peeled the whole top off of this machine. I blame laziness and the fact that everyone is on pills for this nonsense. It's always during rush hour...

Not to excuse the driver for not knowing how tall his rig is... I have seen lawsuits against NYPD for relocating truck routes and bridge clearance signs... Last I knew it was 50k in fines plus damages for hitting a bridge or over pass.
I was running long island 2-3 times a week and downtown NYC making Deliveries.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
So are you going to be in grandfathered in or are you screwed because they're not going to insure your truck without the edl?

What groups/unions are there against Edl?

Can you make any money doing local stuff that doesn't require a log? I've never filled out a log other then a few all day trips I've taken, because I stay local.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk