What did you do at work today?

BoiseRob

Oct 12, 2007
Worked on VSouth's truck graphics before this weekends race.

Our graphics add Horsepower... :D

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Any of you all ever dream of having that "office job"? Well I got the opportunity to get out of a truck shop and took this job about 7 months ago, sadly I hate it. The stuff I work with is pretty cool at times as I'm in the commercial truck division of Air Dog Fuel Systems but its just way to slow of paced for me with to much idle time.
I did the same and now I have the chance to maybe go back to a shop...wife may say otherwise though

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

wilsondiesel

Nov 11, 2015
Sedalia, MO
I did the same and now I have the chance to maybe go back to a shop...wife may say otherwise though

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

lol I feel bad, my girlfriend works harder during the day than I do as she runs a 160 head Dairy farm along with farming 1,000 acres between her and her dad. I just don't get any satisfaction in the office...

six5creed

Jan 6, 2016
N.C.
Took an hour and a half off and went and had a piece of metal cut out of my eye that I got in there Friday. I think I'm up to 15 pieces cut out now, I got to start wearing swimming goggles or a motorcycle helmet or something instead of safety glasses.

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
Took an hour and a half off and went and had a piece of metal cut out of my eye that I got in there Friday. I think I'm up to 15 pieces cut out now, I got to start wearing swimming goggles or a motorcycle helmet or something instead of safety glasses.

Few years back I worked in furniture and was running an air drill and it slipped and went straight into the corner of my eye like where your nose meets your eyebrow ish area and drilled in a bit before I realized it. The boss was like where's your safety glasses I said uh it would've went right under. They don't protect against much.

lutzjk913

May 5, 2010
groveport, ohio

Few years back I worked in furniture and was running an air drill and it slipped and went straight into the corner of my eye like where your nose meets your eyebrow ish area and drilled in a bit before I realized it. The boss was like where's your safety glasses I said uh it would've went right under. They don't protect against much.

Exactly. I quit wearing them when I do stuff by normally I just work on wood and small sheet metal things. It always seems the debris just bounced around them anyways.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013

Ouch

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Just had a "diesel mechanic" tell me if the Engine is off, and equipment/vehicle is pulled down the road... The passing air will cause the turbo to spin.....
I asked him define a positive displacement pump.. which he didn't know.....
Job security for someone in wilkboro NC

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
Just had a "diesel mechanic" tell me if the Engine is off, and equipment/vehicle is pulled down the road... The passing air will cause the turbo to spin.....
I asked him define a positive displacement pump.. which he didn't know.....��

You're in wilksboro???

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course

You need to find some Spoggles. They are safety glasses with foam behind them that creates a seal kind a like motorcycle glasses.

I'm hard on my guys about wearing safety glasses at all times. I've known way too many guys that lost sight because of an accident on the job.

I asked him define a positive displacement pump.. which he didn't know.....

What makes you say that isn't true? All it takes is the valves to be in just the right position and the air will pass by. The better heavy haulers that I know that do cross country moves all cover the stacks on their machines. Plenty of real mechanics agree with the practice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
You need to find some Spoggles. They are safety glasses with foam behind them that creates a seal kind a like motorcycle glasses.

I'm hard on my guys about wearing safety glasses at all times. I've known way too many guys that lost sight because of an accident on the job.

What makes you say that isn't true? All it takes is the valves to be in just the right position and the air will pass by. The better heavy haulers that I know that do cross country moves all cover the stacks on their machines. Plenty of real mechanics agree with the practice.

I know haulers that plug up stacks for it as well...

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I'm not saying if you don't you will trash a turbo, but protecting the turbo from air, rain, and road debris is a wise choice.