What did you do at work today?

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Took 9 1/2" out of an old toolbox to make it fit the Sonoma.

cd64f375f14c5ad92291d10a56f95394.jpg

70442d7410e91028cfcf4dfbc19656a1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How is the mechanism setup in that box to open it. Was thinking about this last night and although I don't want to cut up a weather guard it'd be easier than trying to recoup what I spent on it and find one 6" narrower

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

six5creed

Jan 6, 2016
N.C.
How is the mechanism setup in that box to open it. Was thinking about this last night and although I don't want to cut up a weather guard it'd be easier than trying to recoup what I spent on it and find one 6" narrower

It has the push button on each end and there is a 1/4" rod that connects the 2 to the locking mechanism going to lid. This one was as simple as cutting 9 1/2" off the rod like I did the box. It would look better if it were taken off one end and the end welded back on but the way the latches are it would have been tougher. I can get some photos of the lock tomorrow, didn't drive that truck today.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Thanks. I asked my boss to come off car yesterday because i just didnt feel right. Ive also had three separate incidents at night the last month or so. My wife and coworker convinced me to finally go in.

Best wishes back to your dad. Hope he's ok.

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Probably should've updated this a couple days ago, but Im still alive. :) Sorry, I know some of you wish otherwise. :hehe:

Hospital put me thru the paces. Passed every test. (I hate stress tests) Labs came back a-ok.
Nothing structurally/physically wrong that they could find. Treating this as anxiety/stress related maybe combined with dehydration. Get to wear a 48hr monitor next week to see what's happening during work and sleep. Wait'll they get a load of my stress levels at 10:25, 11:55 and 16:55. :hehe:

So...get back to work Thurs to find the boss had "called me out" in front of everyone without giving my name, complaining that "if you dont feel well, then dont go out on the road", that they donot like to have to switch drivers during a day. I was NOT happy about that one damn bit.
Promptly got two 10.5 days in a row from the vindictive SOBs.

Anyway, lesson for the day: If your body starts telling you that something isnt right, LISTEN! Go see your doctor! Get well!

PS: Took wife's Traverse in today for an A/C issue to get fixed/recharged. Ended up leaving with a new-to-her loaded up Malibu. What a strange day.

Last edited:

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Agree with what Adam said, kind of messed up of the boss. Glad your doing ok though Tom. I'm sure your family is to and that's what matters

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
You'd be surprised the crap that happens around work, the subtle threats and "gotchas" that they pull. Its all about production and cost anymore.
Employees (and customers) are not valued in the least, only profits are. Wish the company never went public. It f*cked everything up for everybody.

Thanks for all the well wishes, guys.