What did you do at work today?

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Id starve to death if I had to do tile work for a living. Im a perfectionist on that kinda stuff and entirely too slow at it. Kudos toyou for that!

Today I stomped all up & down a landfill in 95* high humidty heat all while walking on black plastic. Yeah, ol fat boy got all he could stand today! State inspection was good though, so that was good!

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
Id starve to death if I had to do tile work for a living. Im a perfectionist on that kinda stuff and entirely too slow at it. Kudos toyou for that!

Today I stomped all up & down a landfill in 95* high humidty heat all while walking on black plastic. Yeah, ol fat boy got all he could stand today! State inspection was good though, so that was good!

Lol I am also a perfectionist! After years of setting you just get quicker at it.

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
Man I wish I could learn from someone like you. That's some serious skill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks man! It's pretty much all I have done, I learned from somebody good too. I am 21 years old now running my own business. Tile is a trade that once you can do good work and are confident you can go out and make the big bucks on your own. Electricians and plumbers need so many hours and tests before they can do it. It just takes patience and being able to read a tape measure good lol.

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
Are you one of those "that's close enough, we'll caulk it" kinda guys?

I just shit canned a tile setter for that mentality. $200k kitchen remodel and he's leaving 1/2" gaps around cabs and paneling..... People don't seem to take any pride in their shit anymore

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Im not ocd enough for tile work for a living :roflmao:

Looks great!:thumb:

Are you one of those "that's close enough, we'll caulk it" kinda guys?

I've supervised (Superintendent) a number of large ground up projects from dirt lot to completion and high end tenant improvement Dr's offices, ya oughta supervise some of the yuks I've seen on completion of a project, well, you're not coming back, call their boss to send someone who does give a "close enough....."

The excuses I have heard and the blame another trade I should have wrote a book, have about 30 years of them from working in the trades as a finish carpenter, cabinet builder to supervising the last 15 years....

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Mike at least i know my skill sets, can i yes, do i no.

There are plenty of jobs out there that my mentality fits fine into.
I like haveing "ranges", like .0015-.010" for ptwc. Come up at low .002x" close enough :rofl:

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Mike at least i know my skill sets, can i yes, do i no.

There are plenty of jobs out there that my mentality fits fine into.
I like haveing "ranges", like .0015-.010" for ptwc. Come up at low .002x" close enough :rofl:

Wasn't aimed at you Adam, just an observation, I qualified for my General Contractors license based my past experience alone in the State of Arizona out the gate with no other names on the paper work just mine for projects up to 20 million....:thumb:

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
That's the framers, rough electrical, drywall installer's, drywall finishers, and finish electrical installers fault, see how it works...
I know exactly how it works I'm in the industry.

I was more so referring to that style of outlet.

That backsplash is awesome though, nice work!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Wasn't aimed at you Adam, just an observation, I qualified for my General Contractors license based my past experience alone in the State of Arizona out the gate with no other names on the paper work just mine for projects up to 20 million....:thumb:

I know..
So back to MY field... the P2 brake controller been going nuts whether its "connected" or not... according to tekshnoa(sp) the BC has a diagnosis via ohms. Each magnetic has ~4ohms..it drops below a certain level it reads no trailer connected...

do the following quick tests running the boost to 3 and wheel at max, the manually activate the brakes amd tape the lever....check voltage. 13.8v, inductive Amp test 2.8-3.0a and that's bad.. should be 12-16amps for 4 electric brakes.
Drag trailer tires two barely drag while other two roll freely... smh
Wish boss listened when i told him to get EoH brakes...

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
We put new axles on an old trailer at my last job and they had the EoH...damn that was the best stopping 40ft dovetail I've ever pulled

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk