What did you do at work today?

NinjaMax

WTF!
Oct 3, 2012
Severance, Colorado
Ah ya, not sure ive ever put a Derrick in the dirt, broke out pushing trucks in 06, that's some rookie shit there. Ever used grant smith trucking? I think the operate out that way.

motoking_1990

May 9, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
The Allison converter has 31 dimples that the input sensor reads ( counts ) to control the TCC. We had a dimple that was undersized ( dented ) and the TCM went bananas cycling the TCC on and off. Anything over a .040 gap between sensor and dimple will throw the TCM off. Converter had to be replaced.
Wow, I did not realize those dimples on the pump housing of the converter would ever be used for anything. That's intresting to me! So the companies that take the cores need to be careful. I could see that being a common problem unless they bought a brand new converter.

Two questions: Do you run into this issue often? Do other manufacturers use this same thing?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
Ah ya, not sure ive ever put a Derrick in the dirt, broke out pushing trucks in 06, that's some rookie shit there. Ever used grant smith trucking? I think the operate out that way.

We used grant smith for xto, they were wfo, didn't tear anything up and did what we asked for rigging up and down but they didn't give a **** about xto's safety policies.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Wow, I did not realize those dimples on the pump housing of the converter would ever be used for anything. That's intresting to me! So the companies that take the cores need to be careful. I could see that being a common problem unless they bought a brand new converter.

Two questions: Do you run into this issue often? Do other manufacturers use this same thing?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

We don't run into it very often as the good converter companys keep a close eye on them. Still some can slip by the visual inspection if the dent doesn't look obvious.
There are probably other transmissions that use the input speed sensor and dimple set up but none come to mind.

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
We don't run into it very often as the good converter companys keep a close eye on them. Still some can slip by the visual inspection if the dent doesn't look obvious.
There are probably other transmissions that use the input speed sensor and dimple set up but none come to mind.

Didn't GM eliminate the front sensor on the Allison at the converter for the LMM

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Swung by the house to check live traps..
Caught Flower :mad:
13419225_10208780819611398_1179914038493423959_n.jpg

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Tom that looks sweet. What'd you take or just an observer

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Just an observer, although I had a few people ask me if I brought my blue truck. LOL

I really should start working on the red truck again and enter it.

A lot of beautiful cars and trucks at that show.
Its the 3rd or 4th largest show in Michigan, and all contained within the little town I've delivered to (and loved) for almost 20 years.