What did you do at work today?

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Gotta love it when people don't know how to read a tape measure or do the conversions when its in metric.'

Someone should have at least had a feel for what them dims were. Weight can be a bit misconceiving because of casting machining. but still 1,500 lbs vs 36,000 lbs is a lot of difference. how were they planning to load it? Did they try to pick it with a forklift and fail?

My guess someone failed at multi-tasking and got. Loads mixed up when they're planning loads out

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Drove around Mid-Michigan again yesterday. 140 stops. Its getting to be freakin Christmas every day....
I think Im just getting old.

Lost two really good people from the route earlier this week. Husband and wife going on vacation died in a bad car wreck in WVa due to a wrong-way driver. Really sad situation.

Pure Diesel

Apr 22, 2008
Ventura County
Ran a lot of deck today lol
12hrs to set frames and shade
98196029e3202903dec172c3188113b5.jpg
8a1e6c17c5ebb6bae8ae3a2f4c7c0184.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just three of you to install all that Robertson pan?:thumb: Hope you had your sun screen on?:D

Hambone

Always learning
Jan 24, 2016
Florida
Lol I wear sunscreen and cover from head to toe in clothing... I don’t wanna look 50 when I’m 30 like most people in my trade;)
Lest favorite part of my job but it’s got to be done
5 guys in total
2/3
3 guys underneath stuffing bolts and welding termination clips

lutzjk913

May 5, 2010
groveport, ohio
Drove around Mid-Michigan again yesterday. 140 stops. Its getting to be freakin Christmas every day....

Lost two really good people from the route earlier this week. Husband and wife going on vacation died in a bad car wreck in WVa due to a wrong-way driver. Really sad situation.

That is very sad.

I’ve lost a few customers also. Not easy at all. And even worse when you find out and you can’t go give your respects.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach

Amazon domination... People order water for gosh sakes... Trump is about to bust that nut though...

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Damn that looks good! Your boy is getting big. I still remember your post about him climbing up on your truck using the exhaust as a step.

six5creed

Jan 6, 2016
N.C.
Damn that looks good! Your boy is getting big. I still remember your post about him climbing up on your truck using the exhaust as a step.

He just turned 6, they grow up fast. Daughter is 2 1/2 now. I bet yours are growing as well.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Yep boys 5 and baby girls 2. We where looking a baby pictures last night and they do grow up fast.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Yep, mine turns 4 in a couple weeks. Freaky, how fast they get big, he just moved out of his baby seat into a booster. Never thought I'd be sad to see that pain in the ass to go away...:rofl:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
He just turned 6, they grow up fast. Daughter is 2 1/2 now. I bet yours are growing as well.

Yep boys 5 and baby girls 2. We where looking a baby pictures last night and they do grow up fast.

Yep, mine turns 4 in a couple weeks. Freaky, how fast they get big, he just moved out of his baby seat into a booster. Never thought I'd be sad to see that pain in the ass to go away...:rofl:

Ours are 22 and 19 and both in college. The time flies so fast....enjoy them when they're little 'cause they get big very, very quickly. :)

The funeral for the couple I mentioned earlier was an inspiration. Packed church. Father hit an absolute home run with his sermon/impressions of the couple. Their kids are incredible. The jist of everything said was to have strength of self, have character, and have faith in oneself, others, and God.
I made the point to another person that "You never know just how many people's lives you've affected in a positive way until you're gone."
They were an amazing couple. I walked out of the church no longer upset about their deaths, and confident the kids will be ok. The community will help assure that.

1TRIKHD

Country boy Limo.
Sep 15, 2015
P.N.W
The other day at work treed some sections of old growth doug fir gerders out of the building. Then cut down the structural wood posts. Here's a action shot of me working the saw as the other bellman called the hook.

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
I landed a 7×2-7/8 hanger and caped it with production tree on an oil well. And charged the customer a boatload to use my hydraulic torque wrench for 30 minutes

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

six5creed

Jan 6, 2016
N.C.
Rebuilt a cheaply built cut-a-way a few weeks ago. Had this piece of railroad track for several years and finally put it to use.