What did you do at work today?

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Shhhh I’m really 12... nah I’m 22. Born 7/21/95. Dad had me when he was 21. Now if you REALLY wanna know something wild. That date in 1975, my Nana (dads mom) was 16.

Good Lord, I celebrated 10 years driving for brown 11 days before that. :eek: You're 6 months older than my son. :hehe:

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
That would be lame. Glad it doesn't get that cold here for that long. Even with working at 6000' -20F is rare for very long. The wind and snow though......

Only lame one I had last winter was both NRS coolers and both turbo's on a D11 on a spoil. On nightshift. It was cold and snowed right from start to end. Put a wrench down then guess where it was 10 min later under the snow.
I have played where did the wrench go game, gay...

The cold is what finally did me in with Alaska... My new gig with the power company has me in a heated and air conditioned shop 67 in the summer and 70 in the winter... I’m a spoiled bitch now lol

Last edited:

AZlml

Jun 5, 2016
Goodyear, AZ

The cold is what finally did me in with Alaska... My new gig with the power company has me in a heated and air conditioned shop 67 in the summer and 70 in the winter... I’m a spoiled bitch now lol

I had to re-read the "power company" portion before I said damn what kind of place can afford to run the AC at 67 in a shop..a power company can lol

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
At work today -- cutting square nails off trim pieces so we can reuse the trim later -- found a section of newspaper from Sept 10, 1975. Day before my 12th b-day. :hehe: The LSJ was .20 -- its now 2.00
Then it was lifting mulitple pieces of ancient 1x6 T&G flooring up without destroying them, and installing two new lighting fixture boxes in the first floor ceiling -- Im taking a break.

My dad graduated HS in 75 and mom in 76

Hambone

Always learning
Jan 24, 2016
Florida
Supervised my cronies install a simple aluminum ladder
68dbb9464c9da24f25c1418a551cd8a4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.

I could go work in the shop if I wanted. I just prefer working in running repair as it's way more lax and more interesting.

Henry95

Apr 4, 2015
All you can do is shut down the doser module. I’ve seen people have custom built piping done to remove the catalyst and such as well but I can’t contest to any knowledge of it being very reliable.

We remove all the dpf egr hardware on the deletes we perform. Haven’t had any problems with them so far. Seen a big difference in fuel consumption though. I don’t do the tuning part so know very little about that. I know it takes about 4 hrs and I can have all the dpf and egr shit off and capped.

Henry95

Apr 4, 2015
He said a coal mine is southern B.C I will say that was probably the most fun job I had. It's like oversize Tonka trucks in a huge sandbox.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Must have missed that. Thanks.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
We remove all the dpf egr hardware on the deletes we perform. Haven’t had any problems with them so far. Seen a big difference in fuel consumption though. I don’t do the tuning part so know very little about that. I know it takes about 4 hrs and I can have all the dpf and egr shit off and capped.

Only thing we delete is our pickups - gas and diesel. I wish they would delete or at least plug the coolant lines off for the nrs coolers on our D11's cuz they are nothing but a pia.

We just got some Komatsu 980 trucks with cummins 3500hp engines and they made sure we had all the engines onsite before the end of last year so we didn't need tier 4 emissions junk. We dont have anything with def yet, but everything new coming through the gate now will. Not looking forward to it.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
God I can’t imagine how much DEF fluid those trucks will go through. I go through 250 gallon totes regularly with the D6s, 40 ton articulating dump trucks, and 30 ton track hoes.

Last edited:

Henry95

Apr 4, 2015
Only thing we delete is our pickups - gas and diesel. I wish they would delete or at least plug the coolant lines off for the nrs coolers on our D11's cuz they are nothing but a pia.

We just got some Komatsu 980 trucks with cummins 3500hp engines and they made sure we had all the engines onsite before the end of last year so we didn't need tier 4 emissions junk. We dont have anything with def yet, but everything new coming through the gate now will. Not looking forward to it.

Yeah we can delete dam near anything. Mainly been doing d6’s. Starting mock up for rock trucks and assorted how’s.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Yeah we can delete dam near anything. Mainly been doing d6’s. Starting mock up for rock trucks and assorted how’s.

I guarantee if downtime from that shit starts seriously affecting production we'll be deleting it too. We move 170,000 tons a shift and looking to be upwards of 230 000 by 2020. They don't like it when the shovels are hanging.

jlawles2

Jan 28, 2010
Danbury, TX
Gotta love it when people don't know how to read a tape measure or do the conversions when its in metric.'

Someone should have at least had a feel for what them dims were. Weight can be a bit misconceiving because of casting machining. but still 1,500 lbs vs 36,000 lbs is a lot of difference. how were they planning to load it? Did they try to pick it with a forklift and fail?

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Had safety kleen in to suck the wash/test/grease bay out and our water reclamation system. New fresh water and fresh bio bugs will help it work better. Made it home and got brought back to come run the knuckle boom on the side of a busy highway after one of the other field techs lost a 6ft 2k lb production tree out the bed of his truck. Only used 1" straps and the broke and over the tailgate it went taking the gate with it. Truck only has maybe 10k miles and now need some bodywork.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk