Well there goes my chances of 9s this year

Bbuchanan11

Sep 9, 2011
Sarver, PA
Instead of starting a new thread I’ll just post in here… so I’ve been ironing out some issues fixing some leaks had to redo the whole breather set up and my airdog went bad. Got everything fixed up trying to put some miles on it… this past weekend I did a pass on the street just like I would at the track 4wd drive launch from a stop… got back home and found anti freeze sprayed on the bottom passenger side of the firewall. Took it to my brothers shop and put it on the lift had anti freeze on the trans lines trans pan cross members and passenger side of the rear axle. I pressure tested it hot and cold no leaks at all. I can’t find any evidence anywhere of where it might be coming from. I’m fearing the worst that it lifted the head. During the pass I only saw a little over 60psi of boost the heads where checked at the machine shop block was decked and obviously new mahle wave stopper gaskets with brand new arp 625 studs… I just don’t understand how it could have possibly pushed out of the head gasket already. The thing that gets me is the old engine eventually started doing the same thing before it blew up. It actually made more boost and only had 425 studs… I know about that block off plate on the rear engine cover but there are no signs at all that it’s leaking.. I’m ready to give up and put this thing up for sale.

Bbuchanan11

Sep 9, 2011
Sarver, PA
I have a ppe tank the hose runs down the back of the fender.. I thought maybe it was coming out of there so I taped a towel to the end of it and went for another ride pulled the house out to see if the towel got wet and it was try as a bone. And yes I pressurized it with a cap tester that replaces the cap.

Ironworker15

Mar 28, 2023
Massachusetts
Instead of starting a new thread I’ll just post in here… so I’ve been ironing out some issues fixing some leaks had to redo the whole breather set up and my airdog went bad. Got everything fixed up trying to put some miles on it… this past weekend I did a pass on the street just like I would at the track 4wd drive launch from a stop… got back home and found anti freeze sprayed on the bottom passenger side of the firewall. Took it to my brothers shop and put it on the lift had anti freeze on the trans lines trans pan cross members and passenger side of the rear axle. I pressure tested it hot and cold no leaks at all. I can’t find any evidence anywhere of where it might be coming from. I’m fearing the worst that it lifted the head. During the pass I only saw a little over 60psi of boost the heads where checked at the machine shop block was decked and obviously new mahle wave stopper gaskets with brand new arp 625 studs… I just don’t understand how it could have possibly pushed out of the head gasket already. The thing that gets me is the old engine eventually started doing the same thing before it blew up. It actually made more boost and only had 425 studs… I know about that block off plate on the rear engine cover but there are no signs at all that it’s leaking.. I’m ready to give up and put this thing up for sale.
I swear Brendan , if this thing lifted a head, you have to change hobbies! I'm praying it's something simple though. You've put alot of effort into this one. Best of luck pal.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Larsen, Wisconsin
It was a little over 60psi
On the tester or the boost gauge when you made your WOT run?

If it was your boost gauge, I personally would get the truck up to full operating temp and try again. These trucks have 90psi+ in the cylinder heads at WOT so it's not unreasonable to think it could be an issue above your testing range.

Reactions: MarkBroviak

Bbuchanan11

Sep 9, 2011
Sarver, PA
Brad so your saying get it hot and try pressurizing the coolant again? I’d have to look again but I don’t even know if the gauge on the tester I used goes up to 40..