Well I guess it's time

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Wonder if they didnt put the HG alignment parts back on.....would explain the HG material you found.

i certainly wanna see that motor with the heads off. Then id like to punch the guy worked on the truck "right in the mouth!"

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Well, gotta call Guy to see what I can do with the spare block and crank. So far he will be cutting the low mile pistons I have, new rings, and new water pump. Depending on what I have into it, I may have him assemble the short block. The block/crank has been mag'd and are good to go. I have all the bearings as well and rings shipped today. Need to sit down and talk to Guy and see what route is best to go.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Im feelin strong... got all the converter bolts and bellhusing bolts, engine is ready to come out whenever I buy a hoist:happy2:

Mike... tell Rodger to turn his gun down a notch or 2 :eek: :spit:

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Im feelin strong... got all the converter bolts and bellhusing bolts, engine is ready to come out whenever I buy a hoist:happy2:

Mike... tell Rodger to turn his gun down a notch or 2 :eek: :spit:

Brian you can't do this kind of work with 1/4 inch drive tools. :rolleyes::roflmao::hug::D

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Says you who needed my help to hold your engine from spinning breaking your converter bolts loose :D took me 15 mins by myself :D

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Wait a min, i distinctly remember you sitting under my fender watching as i held the balance bolt with a breaker bar while videoing and hopper busting the bolts loose while you damn near hit the fender when they cracked loose.

I have video proof!!!! Lmao :D

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
Says you who needed my help to hold your engine from spinning breaking your converter bolts loose :D took me 15 mins by myself :D

Im shipping you a cookie.:thumb:

Wait a min, i distinctly remember you sitting under my fender watching as i held the balance bolt with a breaker bar while videoing and hopper busting the bolts loose while you damn near hit the fender when they cracked loose.

I have video proof!!!! Lmao :D

It's a wonder you two get anything done.

Ever try using an impact to remove them? Yes you have to use some common sense operating it, but it's fast. Turn the motor over by the alternator nut. With a long ratchet you can do it through the fender liner. This is nice when you have a lift. Put it at a comfy height and away you go.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Im shipping you a cookie.:thumb:

It's a wonder you two get anything done.

Ever try using an impact to remove them? Yes you have to use some common sense operating it, but it's fast. Turn the motor over by the alternator nut. With a long ratchet you can do it through the fender liner. This is nice when you have a lift. Put it at a comfy height and away you go.

Tried it. Harbor frieght extentions flex too much and take all the torque out of my half inch impact lmao. Plus its much for exciting wondering if the extention is gunna break and yiur buddy is gunna get bloody knuckles or if the bolt will snap free and he still gets bloody knuckles. Either way, i laughed my ass off.

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
Lol clowns

Try breaking them loose with a socket and 18" extension.....nothing else :rofl:

Taking that motor to socal soon???

THEREDDEVIL

A Bad seed
Jul 28, 2010
Godfrey, il
So lets say the previous owner knew he had bad injectors, yet kept driving it. Then after x amount of miles decided to have them replaced. Would the comp test look like this motor? Figured its a good time to ask with the good brains that r in this thread. My dads buddy has an lb7 that he's been driving for like 100k miles on jacked injectors. He's finally getting them fixed but it seems like a lot of damage could b done driving for so long on bad injectors.