Well I guess it's time

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
did you all clean that up? Otherwise its way to clean. Those glow plus are like a long bolt, when screwed in, there isnt room for anthing else but itself. Can you guys bend that piece of metal with your hands?

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
it would blow into the coolant passages and pressurize that system. It wouldnt get into the crankcase.

I agree. If it pushed the cup out enough to push the O-ring out of it's seal, I doubt the truck would even run anymore, and even if it did, there would be massive amounts of coolant into the crank case. Maybe if it lost a copper washer and it was blowing combustion around the injector.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
What are your plans now?

Mild build.

I have everything ready to go except rings(ordered) and headstuds.

The machine shop I will be using said they have no problem with a torque plate on this block.

It will be getting Carrillo's, stock, low mileage Lb7 cut/delipped pistons, 60% sticks, LML headgaskets, Hamilton valve springs. Im thinking about a mild cam, but not 100% sure yet, and a ATI damper. Down the road after the truck is running Ill add a twin Cp3 with fingers controller and Wherli wheel/bracket with a stock Lb7 pump/LBZ regulator. That's it... for now, I think :D

Im going to keep the engine at, or under 750rwhp. Why so low? It's a single cab. Im not going to cage the truck, and 11.49 doesn't seem to far away with 5700 lb raceweight. Im sure it could run faster than 11.49 with 750rwhp, but im not making it a caged truck.

It will stay stock flywheel, heads and manifolds. I may add up-pipes later on, but I didn't see the gains as advertised with them, so im sticking with stockers for now until I need them. I plan on going to a 1.0 AR with the 475 as well.

Did all the glow plugs look good?

#2 had coolant/oil mix, and every low cylinder had coolant residue on the tips.
every "healthy" duramax that ive done a compression test on was around 400-425psi

I gotcha Ben. My GMC was 360-380psi and I thought something was wrong, but all cylinders were the same.

did you all clean that up? Otherwise its way to clean. Those glow plus are like a long bolt, when screwed in, there isnt room for anthing else but itself. Can you guys bend that piece of metal with your hands?

Didn't clean it up. Noticed it on the manifold bolt as I removed the glow plug. I can bend it in half pretty easily.

I agree. If it pushed the cup out enough to push the O-ring out of it's seal, I doubt the truck would even run anymore, and even if it did, there would be massive amounts of coolant into the crank case. Maybe if it lost a copper washer and it was blowing combustion around the injector.

x2 Josh. I see a lot wrong on what happened, but cant point any fingers until the heads are off, which will be soon.

Uploading some pics... :thumb:

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
I haz some picz

Check out picture #4... look far left... see the LB7 connecting rod? :D
IMG_0200_zps8bfbd64e.jpg

IMG_0199_zpsd533e6ed.jpg

IMG_0198_zps765ea6e0.jpg

IMG_0197_zps799081e2.jpg

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
How about threaded cups for the heads? Seems like a good preventive idea? What's the feedback so far on them has anyone heard? I guess it's more for super super power trucks?