Weight Lifting/Body Building/Strong Man/Training thread

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Thanks Brother!
Now stop chasing those Bonita fish around and get your ass back in the gym:hug:

Wolf buddy, I'm happy to say I'm 300+ bencher at any moment, finally... The sad part is If I hadn't have done that meet last month and stuck with my training cycle, I potentially would be pressing in the 375 range... Oh well, I learned some stuff at this last meet that I can take into my next meet. Like always have some clean underoo's ready just in case:thumb: I'm also at 203.6 so I have lost a couple more pounds and my bench always suffers a bit when I'm cutting down.
cutting down? Lol

Pyramid up today Squat
225x10
245x10
265x10
275x8 all low good form ass on heals
Getting more flexible and low on squat I'm starting low and working up to keep form good

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
cutting down? Lol

Pyramid up today Squat
225x10
245x10
265x10
275x8 all low good form ass on heals
Getting more flexible and low on squat I'm starting low and working up to keep form good

Hell ya cutting down, aesthetic powerlifting... Can't let Wolf be the only pretty boy in here:D

CaptPhil

Sep 10, 2011
Delaware
Weighed myself today, 167lbs.

Squats
235x20

25x20 pullovers
205 3x10 bench
25x20 pullovers
185 3x12 bent over rows
25x20 pullovers
185 3x10 straight leg deads

Was without a doubt the most soul crushing workout I have ever done. I couldnt think of anything other than pain. First 10 were not much trouble and took about 1 minute tops, last 10 took at least 2.5 minutes. They all went up. think i might have cried after setting the bar down.
The second worst part about it is putting the bar back. I guess I never described it before but on the ship we dont have a squat rack, we have a bench. The top pins are just high enough to sit on the bench facing the bar and get your head under it, then straighten up, stand up, and take 4-5 steps back off the bench. Which means I have to do all that in reverse to put it back. It sucks but it works. I would never try big weights in this method, fortunately we only have 275lbs worth of weight.

Last edited:

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Saturdays workout
Squat 222.5lbs 3x5
Deadlift 255lbs 1x5 and then 265lbs 1x5
BW pull ups 12
BW chin ups 12

Last night's workout
Squat 225lbs 3x5
Power Clean 145.5lbs 5x3
BW pull ups 13
BW chin ups 13

I ****ed up something in my left front delt so I'm laying off bench/press

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Good work Phil and Nick!

Way to work with what you have Phil. Some people use that sh*t as an excuse, good work bud.

Nick, I'm super impressed with your strength gains:thumb:

Deadlifts
stretching
warmup
barx12 straight leg
135x2x8 lower back is sore and tight
225x5
315x5
355x2
405x1
465x1 back is to sore to try and rep it out headed back down.... Dammit
405x2
315x3x5-8 3" deficit

Bi's & Tri's with the wife in a large super set circuit in between the deficit deads.

Will see the Chiro today at 5pm and get my lower back loosened up and my neck straightened out. Massage on monday:thumb:

Oh and I'm a svelte 203.8 as of this morning.

Last edited:

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Thanks Albert I decided to slow down from 5lb to 2.5lb increments for squats and 10lbs to 5lbs for deadlifts.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
I use whey protein, creatine, energy aminos, multi vitamin, fish oil tablets, 1000mg of vitamin c, lechtin, glucosamine and good whole foods...

I lift in a tested fed so no Vitamin K for me:D

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
Lol guys.... I wasn't even taking protein shakes on this last cut...

Optimum Nutrition is a quality brand.

Best thing is real food. But for some of us it can be hard to eat enough.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Lol guys.... I wasn't even taking protein shakes on this last cut...

Optimum Nutrition is a quality brand.

Best thing is real food. But for some of us it can be hard to eat enough.

I second the whole foods thing... My wife and I spend an insane amount of money on food, Ak is wicked expensive:mad:

My favorite protein brand is Dymatize Iso 100. It taste great and has the least amount of fat/calories and the most protein per serving (I don't have Wolfs problem, I will F-ing eat everything lol). I like Optimum as well... It's also Dom Mazzeti approved:thumb:
[YOUTUBE]RBc9wZkto1I[/YOUTUBE]

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Any certain brands? I've been told that some products are better than others.

Bodybuilding.com has a rating system... I used that until I found what worked best for me... Honestly other than Fish oil and some good multi vitamins (if your a picky eater) you can get everything you need from whole foods.

What are your fitness goals? That can have alot to do with what supps you should use...

For me I have always been heavier, so I look for proteins with less calories and fat... Someone like Wolf would want the exact opposite of me.

NJ_LLY

Back in action
Nov 4, 2008
Browns Mills, NJ
My goals are to basically turn the vast majority of my fat into muscle. I'm on day 4 of p90x and I just want the best results possible. I've never been into fitness but and determined to change my lifestyle.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
My goals are to basically turn the vast majority of my fat into muscle. I'm on day 4 of p90x and I just want the best results possible. I've never been into fitness but and determined to change my lifestyle.

Good for you. Don't worry about supps for now. Maybe just look into some multi vitamins, fish oil & glucosamine.

Also set small goals for yourself. That way your not discouraged by the amount of time it takes to reach your ultimate goal.

If your modifying your diet, make small changes as well. The key to healthy eating, is baby steps. That is why most crash diets only work for a short time and then your worse off than before... I started by just cutting out Mt.Dew I could wreck a 6 pack a day, easy. I can't stand Mt.dew now.

P90X is no joke, If you stick with it it will whip your butt in shape:thumb: Consistency is the key here, just stay the course.

Lots of support here:hug: