Weight Lifting/Body Building/Strong Man/Training thread

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
I'm the same way Chris, I don't need food like other people. I used to eat when I wasn't hungry and my body was freaking out. I only eat if I'm hungry now which isn't very often and I've lost 67lbs in 10 months. Food is the enemy and your ally, you just have to know which is which. The bloating sounds like food allergies, I too do not eat any dairy, never have, its makes me bloat and swell up, go get an allergy battery done and find out what your triggers are, your quality of life will be better for it...

Yeah I plan on getting a blood panel done this year.

I guess everyone is different. Take today for example. I woke up at 5, went to the gym at 7:30. Diagnosed my truck. Stopped past my shop. Still haven't eaten anything. Just now starting to feel hungry.

I've re-done my workout plan. I'm on lower weights with more reps now. My goal is to be in and out in less than 1 hour. I did 135x10x4 on squats Monday and I was just as sore as when I do 200+lbs for fewer reps. :baby: It doesn't feed the ego but its more effective for me.

sickdiesel

Apr 22, 2010
went and did bench/squat on saturday. Felt great on chest and got to set 4 of squat and something didnt feel right in my hamstring as has been sore/hurting since.. Hoping i didnt pull something.

bench

235x10rx5s

squat

225x10rx4s

Today i have bench and deadlift.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
315 getting easy on bench, 315 for 5 sets of 3, 6th set of 3 with 335, went up like 225. Solid day, I wish every day went like this one.

sickdiesel

Apr 22, 2010
took is fairly easy yesterday because of the hamstring and the fact that im sicker than shit.. cant catch a break this season.

Bench

225x10rx5s

deads

275x10rx5s

sickdiesel

Apr 22, 2010
ya i ended up not going yesterday (didnt go to work either which is only my 2nd sick day in 6.5 years here), and im likely not gonna go tonight as i feel like S*it still..:mad:

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Been killing it, bench 315 for six sets of 3.
Tried for 355 for 2 and got one, then dropped to 335 for two.
Then 3 more sets of 315 for 3.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Good chest day today.

Worked up to 225x 5 on incline then flat bench
225x5
265x5
285x5
305x5

Flys in between each set, plus a new thing I can't remember what it's called.. I'll go look..

And heavy abs for 4 sets of 20

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Squats

365 for 5 sets of 3 and one rep of my max a few weeks ago. 405 went up nice this time. 5 reps per weight on the whole stack on quad extensions. Body weight was 258.4 today

anthonynick29

Dec 21, 2017
any opinions on whether or not to lift while you have a head cold? i hate taking days off but i can't get over this cold i have had for a month... thinking i should take a break.

buildwrap

Feb 20, 2018
Wow, I was just roaming around and found this thread.

Diesels and Iron!! Sure do wish I would have discovered this 8 years ago. I was totally addicted to the gym. 6 days a week every morning for everything I had. Put on 8 pounds a year until my shoulder gave out. Pitched for 6 years when I was younger and ended up developing bone spurs that ate 50% of my shoulder. Once I was unable to sleep anymore went in for a MRI and that was it. Now I'm titanium on bone and 40 lbs lighter and way smaller. Life has its monumental changes.

So now, its Diesels! I am having a blast.

Really envy you guys. :)

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
any opinions on whether or not to lift while you have a head cold? i hate taking days off but i can't get over this cold i have had for a month... thinking i should take a break.

Take the time off you need to get over your cold. Beating your self up in the gym won’t help your recovery.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Wow, I was just roaming around and found this thread.

Diesels and Iron!! Sure do wish I would have discovered this 8 years ago. I was totally addicted to the gym. 6 days a week every morning for everything I had. Put on 8 pounds a year until my shoulder gave out. Pitched for 6 years when I was younger and ended up developing bone spurs that ate 50% of my shoulder. Once I was unable to sleep anymore went in for a MRI and that was it. Now I'm titanium on bone and 40 lbs lighter and way smaller. Life has its monumental changes.

So now, its Diesels! I am having a blast.

Really envy you guys. :)
Lots to be done that doesn’t require the shoulder. I work around my issues.

buildwrap

Feb 20, 2018
I read some of your threads Burn Down and that is impressive for what you've been through and your current status. Good stuff. I've only got 20 years on you and hopefully when I'm allowed to put my hand in my back pocket ill start some curls. Maybe triceps extensions. Here's my hesitation, if i go back into weights then I have around 3 years before they put the ball on my shoulder and the socket on my arm. Then its only good for the saltshaker. If I pretty much do nothing then it could last me 15 years. Got any advice?

I'm in no way complaining, If I had to do it again I would!

It was funny putting a LP on with one arm and boards stacked on my chest to hold it up. You would think with all that grunting going on I was doing box squats with 400 lbs! :cool: