Weight Lifting/Body Building/Strong Man/Training thread

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
Went camping this weekend, did a 20mile hike with 30lb bag on saturday. Fitbit/phone say 23miles that day in total.

All the regret.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Bench couple days ago...
Barx10
135x10
185x5
225x6
275x7-8 lost count, all paused
275x5
275x4

Super sets
DB row
110x2x10
120x8
130x6
Seated DB military press
60x12
60x10
70x2x8
Cable lat pull down
160x12
170x10
180x2x8

Pulled this one off in just under an hour by myself... Sweating buckets:thumb:

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Anyone have any suggestions for a morning protein shake? I've been lacking in the protein shake department and since I lift on lunch these days I don't really remember to take a shake.

I'm thinking something I can throw together in the blender and drink on my way to work every morning.

I'm a simple guy, I don't like strawberries, kiwis or anything like that really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hipp11B

Apr 1, 2015
Georgia
Anyone have any suggestions for a morning protein shake? I've been lacking in the protein shake department and since I lift on lunch these days I don't really remember to take a shake.

I'm thinking something I can throw together in the blender and drink on my way to work every morning.

I'm a simple guy, I don't like strawberries, kiwis or anything like that really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1-2 Scoops of projym cookies and creme flavor is the best!! 1 banana, 2 scoops of peanut butter approx 3 cups of milk 1 cup of oats! This is the best shake in the world I have one every morning before my hr long ride to ft Stewart in the morning for PT!

Lbz, built trans, efi by Eisenhart diesel, Danville 68, full egr delete, mbrp down pipe, 5" mbrp to 7" stack, ppe guages, custom traction bars, airdog2 165, ppe fuel rail mods, s&b, age blade runner, Arp head studs..died March 2015

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
1-2 Scoops of projym cookies and creme flavor is the best!! 1 banana, 2 scoops of peanut butter approx 3 cups of milk 1 cup of oats! This is the best shake in the world I have one every morning before my hr long ride to ft Stewart in the morning for PT!

Lbz, built trans, efi by Eisenhart diesel, Danville 68, full egr delete, mbrp down pipe, 5" mbrp to 7" stack, ppe guages, custom traction bars, airdog2 165, ppe fuel rail mods, s&b, age blade runner, Arp head studs..died March 2015
This is extremely tastey. Great recommendation

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

hipp11B

Apr 1, 2015
Georgia
This is extremely tastey. Great recommendation

Yea bud one thing I know a lot about is exercise and nutrition, any questions feel free to message me. I wonder if clrussell tried it out yet

matt78

Finally boosted launches
Sep 10, 2012
texas
High rep legs again. Squat 135x15 155x 12 205x10 225x9 235x8 255x6 275x5. Dead lifts 135x10 175x 10 205x8 255x5.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
I brought a full lunch bag today I'll hit back more than likely, I'm Def dead lifting today. Probably keep it light, been over a month and a half since I did deads. Been getting in there hitting it hard about 3 days a week lately. That's about to change, winter is here and it's the last year of my 5 year bulk plan:roflmao:

hipp11B

Apr 1, 2015
Georgia
I brought a full lunch bag today I'll hit back more than likely, I'm Def dead lifting today. Probably keep it light, been over a month and a half since I did deads. Been getting in there hitting it hard about 3 days a week lately. That's about to change, winter is here and it's the last year of my 5 year bulk plan:roflmao:

Hahaha it's always bulk season bro!!! For real though I always billed until i joined the army and had to run all the time lol....but if anyone is looking for a GREAT cutting plan, Jim stoppani's shortcut to shred is ****ing awesome man!

The Dude

Sep 8, 2015
For you guys that want to build up your legs and especially those with back problems... you need to be doing high rep sets. I cant squat or lunges or any of that because of my neck and back injuries and I've got some spinal cord damage so I can't balance. I start on the leg press. I do 3 plates a side for 20, then 4, then 5, then 6, then 7, and just recently I got to 8. All 20 reps. The only time I did more was when I was coming close to getting 8 plates a side, but not yet. I did as many as 27 reps with 7 plates.
There is no bouncing or any of that. No curling the back either.
After than I do inner thighs, 3 sets starting at 190-230. Then I do single leg back and forth extensions... that is and then hamstrings. I do hams twice a week. Even with all my issues my quads are damn near 29"... and I'm really lean.

Not bad considering I was almost paralyzed

hipp11B

Apr 1, 2015
Georgia
For you guys that want to build up your legs and especially those with back problems... you need to be doing high rep sets. I cant squat or lunges or any of that because of my neck and back injuries and I've got some spinal cord damage so I can't balance. I start on the leg press. I do 3 plates a side for 20, then 4, then 5, then 6, then 7, and just recently I got to 8. All 20 reps. The only time I did more was when I was coming close to getting 8 plates a side, but not yet. I did as many as 27 reps with 7 plates.
After than I do inner thighs, 3 sets starting at 190-230. Then I do single leg back and forth extensions... that is and then hamstrings. I do hams twice a week. Even with all my issues my quads are damn near 29"... and I'm really lean.

Here I am giving advise and your twice my size haha awesome physique dude keep at it

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
What do you guys do when you're just tired as hell all the time.

I've been on a 4000 cal/day diet for 8 weeks now. Gained 17 pounds. But now I'm just tired as shit all the time. Made huge gains in strength, switched from DBs to barbell. I wondering if I'm just maybe a little over trained so to speak.

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL

Do you mind sharing what gear/training/diet history with us? I do believe you are the biggest leanest person posting in here? Just wanting to learn.

matt78

Finally boosted launches
Sep 10, 2012
texas
What do you guys do when you're just tired as hell all the time.

I've been on a 4000 cal/day diet for 8 weeks now. Gained 17 pounds. But now I'm just tired as shit all the time. Made huge gains in strength, switched from DBs to barbell. I wondering if I'm just maybe a little over trained so to speak.

It's been rough lately for me,bunch of out of town work,and overtime all the time,blah blah. I took off from lifting for 4 days,I felt great on day 4,lol. I was lifting at least 5 out of every 7 days for the past 2 months. As far as calories,I'm 250#,I try to snack and skip big meals but dam I get grouchy. But since I have been training my legs again,I get real dam hungry. That balance of losing 20 pounds and keepING my energy up sucks. The only thing I do know is I did feel real good after 4 days off.

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
When I'm tired all the time here is what I do as its generally from alot of overtime hours at work and being gone for work which adds stress to work relationships and personal relationships.

My regen when I'm tired is a good diet for an entire day without over eating, plenty of water, I stretch alot to loosen all my muscles. I listen to inspirational/positive music...kinda like gospel/hip hop stuff. Pray read the bible and get a full 8. If I do that 2 days in a row I'm like a cracked out spider monkey...or in a better visualization, I'm like Scrat from ice age