Truck won’t crank

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
Yes glow plug controller is plugged in. I have a guy coming over tonight to help me look at it. He’s on this forum and has a badass built motor truck that’s ran 10.2

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
Well Nathan found the problem! Dude is a life saver no way I would have found the broken wire. Truck won’t fire though, have 100mpa rail pressure cranking and voltage to injectors. It fired off ether so not getting fuel. Gonna swap a stock injector in tomorrow to see if I can get it to fire or pop on that cylinder, got these injectors used from a guy on here.

nmband13

Jan 17, 2011
Sioux Falls SD
Found broken high speed communication wire between glow plug module and the big bale connector. Injectors have a 25-26ish volt pulse going to them when cranking so assume they should be firing...we tried the stock tune and the new tune and no start :confused:

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
I personally I highly doubt it's the injectors. I have never seen a complete set bad enough where a engine would not fire unless they were returning too much fuel and cannot build rail pressure.

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
ITs injectors. Swapped one stock injector in and it wants to fire. Lesson learned don’t buy used injectors. Hopefully I can get my money back

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
I would have them tested be for accusing.
Would this not count as a test? If they won't fire but the stock ones do, that sure sounds like tested and failed to me.

But yeah, don't buy used injectors. I've been burned too. Just not worth the "savings"; by the time you send them out for testing, then repair, would've been cheaper to get new ones.

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
Yep.. If it wants to fire on stock injectors sounds to me like injectors.. Just snapped a hold down bolt torquing it down..

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Would this not count as a test? If they won't fire but the stock ones do, that sure sounds like tested and failed to me.

But yeah, don't buy used injectors. I've been burned too. Just not worth the "savings"; by the time you send them out for testing, then repair, would've been cheaper to get new ones.

The way this thread is going im sure it's another issue causing it. I have never seen 8 lmm injectors just "fail" if they do "fail" they return a lot of fuel causing low rail pressure while cranking.

Columbus450

Aug 24, 2017
Louisiana
Yep sounds like toast to me specially since you installed your old one and it try's to run

I'd get my money back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk