Truck won’t crank

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
Did you find PP with your credit card, or did you swipe from your bank account? If CC then call your cc company to dispute. I've had much better luck that way, and they don't let PP take a fee for arbitration. After being screwed on some purchases, I always find my PP purchases with my CC; two layers of protection IMHO.

GOod luck!

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
If you were not getting a proper connection on just one injector, it will shut down a group of 4. The injectors are separated into two groups of 4 in the wiring. That combined with the fact that they needed primed could lead to the no start. I'm not sure if it would bring up the circuit codes until you got it to run either. Even if the fuel system was primed and had ran before, it still would hard start with the circuit issue.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Not on an LMM. On an LB7 or an LLY you would be correct. Because they have 2 injector drivers in the ficm that alternate firing the injectors. But on an LBZ or LMM the ECM has 4 injector drivers. So if an injector or wiring is shorted, or if a driver goes bad, you only lose 2 injectors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
Not on an LMM. On an LB7 or an LLY you would be correct. Because they have 2 injector drivers in the ficm that alternate firing the injectors. But on an LBZ or LMM the ECM has 4 injector drivers. So if an injector or wiring is shorted, or if a driver goes bad, you only lose 2 injectors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
As I was typing my post I was wandering that about lbz+

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
Shit man I have never thought about that... unfortunately I paid with my bank account

I learned the hard way too. I also learned that my iphone's autocorrect is bitch! I just read where it changed "fund" to "find", LOL. FUND PP with a CC always! :thumb:

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Did you finish installing your old injectors and have it running now? I'd make sure of that before declaring the injectors you bought are junk.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Not sure. Just what exergy told me. Not sure if there really is a way other than not letting them sit.

I was told a cp3 pump will do the same.
Exergy told me I could flush and store them with calibration fluid. It's not cheap though. 1gal of it is like $80, but I figured it wasn't worth the risk since I didn't figure anyone would buy my used fuel system.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
lol well the case is being reviewed by PayPal now so hopefully it goes in my favor. Didn’t get the drivers side swapped back yet. Will be doing that today. Got new tune from mark also last night so once I finish swapping it should be good to go

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
Did you finish installing your old injectors and have it running now? I'd make sure of that before declaring the injectors you bought are junk.

Lol exergy saying if they sat for a year with diesel they are junk Is bs to you? Or the fact that it was trying to fire on one cylinder with a stocker isn’t good enough?

1TRIKHD

Country boy Limo.
Sep 15, 2015
P.N.W
Exergy told me I could flush and store them with calibration fluid. It's not cheap though. 1gal of it is like $80, but I figured it wasn't worth the risk since I didn't figure anyone would buy my used fuel system.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Is there different types of this fluid? What's the process?

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
I have a hard time believing that storing injectors for a year, packaged correctly, would be an issue. In racing and pulling circles this is done all the time. I have done this many times and have installed my cp3s and injectors that have been sitting packaged on the shelf for over a year and have never had an issue.

Now i can see if they are left open or the diesel had water in it but i don't see blaming the injectors being stored the problem.

Looking at that photo, i can see contamination and/or rust from improper storage could surely be an issue.

Just my experience in over ten years of racing and storing fuel parts while new builds are happening.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
What's a good way to package injectors for storage

i have always, cleaned them, coated them fuel, put them in a bag that seals them and stored in the house. longest i have had any sit were 6 months but there was no problems when tested other than typical LB7 injector wear.

1TRIKHD

Country boy Limo.
Sep 15, 2015
P.N.W
i have always, cleaned them, coated them fuel, put them in a bag that seals them and stored in the house. longest i have had any sit were 6 months but there was no problems when tested other than typical LB7 injector wear.

Thanks james