Top 25 Stock Duramax's

SteveFord

What's Next?
May 8, 2008
Iowa
Dont take this the wrong way but seems at Sac everyone runs a bit faster mph but the et is legit. Maybe thats why people wonder about your mph??

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
What would you like to know?:)

Just how you did it? Dont get the wrong idea, I dont doubt it, I just wondered about suspension setup and if you had any other parts other than the basic I/E/LP? I think you told me once you ran one of Pat's tunes? Figured on the drag radials.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Dont take this the wrong way but seems at Sac everyone runs a bit faster mph but the et is legit. Maybe thats why people wonder about your mph??
I've heard the same thing. There was a lot of talk about it after the NHRDA race.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
I've heard the same thing. There was a lot of talk about it after the NHRDA race.

This is no longer the case... Sacramento Raceway has readjusted their timing cones. 1/8th mile ET and MPH was dead nuts and 1/4 ET was dead nuts the MPH however was roughly 3 mph higher than it was before. The past 2 times i have ran out at Sac my MPH has come down from 115-116 to 112-113.

LBZrcks

Jun 2, 2007
SoCal
Just how you did it? Dont get the wrong idea, I dont doubt it, I just wondered about suspension setup and if you had any other parts other than the basic I/E/LP? I think you told me once you ran one of Pat's tunes? Figured on the drag radials.

No worries Tom:)

Truck: 06' GMC RC/LB LBZ 4x4 3500
Tune: Mcrat's "Wendy" tune only changed 2 tables iirc for higher rpms and "Wendy's" TCM race tune with 3600 shift points.
Engine: Stock LBZ, EGR Deleted (had like 103k miles on it iirc)
Fuel: PPE Lift pump only
Air: Banks intercooler tube and S&B Intake
Exhaust: 4"MBRP, Diamond Eye Downpipe, RDL Cast manifolds and up pipes
Suspension: Lowered T-Bars, Pulled 2 springs in the rear iirc and JMK Traction bars

That's all I can think of, if there's any other questions ask away.

Last edited:

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
I use MT ET treet tires. I towed my buddy down to the track and we changed tires and I raced. I didn't pull the hitch or any seats or anything. I run it just like I drive it everyday. I sold my other trucks so this is my daily driver. I'll take pictures of the motor and get some of the markings from the junk yard on the turbo cover. I guess some must think I have some of my other parts on this motor. I can assure you all I do not! To me it's about the challenge to make the truck go faster! My truck(the truck itself) works very well! If it doesn't 60' good I can't get a good et. It must 60' to do anything. Anyone wanting to do good with a stock truck and make this list must make the truck run the first half of the track! I wish there was more time so I could put a new cp3 pump on mine so it would hold rail pressure better. This motor is only supposed to have 60k but the pump doesn't seem to hold pressure very good. I only run a 3050 pulse and it still trips the light at the finish line. If anyone has any doubt's about anything on my truck I can take pictures or anyone is welcome to look at it if they want. This motor doesn't even have a BD manifold on it. It is 100% stock. I would like to try some headers and up pipes maybe even a better down pipe but I just don't have the money to sink into it for a maybe result. The GM people did a pretty good job on these things. Jeff

I will even go one better and sell the motor to anyone who wants it for 5K and I will take you for a ride or down a track if open. It will come with everything form the 6.6 lid on the turbo to the oil in the pan. 100% comeplete with the tune I ran 12.15 with. anyone who thinks it has a cheater turbo or injectors or anything, Here's your chance. I'll even throw in the tranny tune. Jeff

Congrats Jeff...I'm honestly happy that you make this list and rise to the top! Ive chased you for years and you honestly make it seem SO easy:cool2:
doubters? you are the last person to lie about anything...lol. You are true and upfront about all you say! What bothers me is that i can forsee you taking my place on the top 50 with a stock motor, with a lil drugs:eek:
but if anyone can take it...it would be you!

if someone was to buy your motor or truck they aint going to go as fast as you......Sorry to say but QUICK times are in your blood and that is the way you roll:cool:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Hey Jeff, do your tracks open first part of April (w/e April 9th)? Kids have spring break....might be a good chance to do some early season racing with you and Matt.

Last edited:

05chevy

Jun 10, 2010
My name is Bobby and thank u guys been waiting patiently to be on this and can't wait to try and go faster

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Thanks Simon

That means alot. I can assure anyone who has tryed going fast with anything, It's not easy! I race normally 2 times a week. Wed. and Fri. nights at my home track and any diesel event this side of the country. I race alot and that's why I got burned out with the built motor! I don't mind working on it to better it but I don't want to work every weekend to repair it. Things will happen and that's racing, but it was getting old fixing it all the time. I also don't have the extra money I once had as this bad economy has hit me at the shop. People just don't spend unless that have too. I would love to go fast again but now rite now I just don't have the money. It does seem the GMax tranny Brayden did the last time is working like a clock! It seems it's just begging for more power. Thanks Brayden. Thanks everyone who has helped me along the way. That means all the Mcrat crew. Jeff

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
That means alot. I can assure anyone who has tryed going fast with anything, It's not easy! I race normally 2 times a week. Wed. and Fri. nights at my home track and any diesel event this side of the country. I race alot and that's why I got burned out with the built motor! I don't mind working on it to better it but I don't want to work every weekend to repair it. Things will happen and that's racing, but it was getting old fixing it all the time. I also don't have the extra money I once had as this bad economy has hit me at the shop. People just don't spend unless that have too. I would love to go fast again but now rite now I just don't have the money. It does seem the GMax tranny Brayden did the last time is working like a clock! It seems it's just begging for more power. Thanks Brayden. Thanks everyone who has helped me along the way. That means all the Mcrat crew. Jeff

Jeff, I know how you feel! Ive over spent and just addicted to speed:(
I enjoy racing ( win or loose ) and just want to have fun. However i seem to get caught up in the chaos. I enjoy working on my truck but it seems to take WAY to much time away:(:(. Anyway congrats to you for saying No to drugs:D

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all

Those Gmax's seem to be a tough kit. Im still running the one Tim built from 2009, with tons of 11 second passes, a few 10 second 1/4 mile passes, a ton of high 6 passes in the 1/8th, and a whole season of 3rd gear starts while sled pulling. Btw congrats on the new time Jeff.:thumb:

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Those Gmax's seem to be a tough kit. Im still running the one Tim built from 2009, with tons of 11 second passes, a few 10 second 1/4 mile passes, a ton of high 6 passes in the 1/8th, and a whole season of 3rd gear starts while sled pulling. Btw congrats on the new time Jeff.:thumb:

Heard they had to surgically remove the horseshoe:confused: Rumhor was you fought them to keep it.....Something about you liked the feeling:D

RickDLance

Feb 14, 2007
No worries Tom:)

Truck: 06' GMC RC/LB LBZ 4x4 3500
Tune: Mcrat's "Wendy" tune only changed 2 tables iirc for higher rpms and "Wendy's" TCM race tune with 3600 shift points.
Engine: Stock LBZ, EGR Deleted (had like 103k miles on it iirc)
Fuel: PPE Lift pump only
Air: Banks intercooler tube and S&B Intake
Exhaust: 4"MBRP and Diamond Eye Downpipe
Suspension: Lowered T-Bars, Pulled 2 springs in the rear iirc and JMK Traction bars

That's all I can think of, if there's any other questions ask away.

Any other exhaust work? ;)

JD4440

<< Lo-Carb Monster
Feb 27, 2009
Orlinda, TN
I will even go one better and sell the motor to anyone who wants it for 5K and I will take you for a ride or down a track if open. It will come with everything form the 6.6 lid on the turbo to the oil in the pan. 100% comeplete with the tune I ran 12.15 with. anyone who thinks it has a cheater turbo or injectors or anything, Here's your chance. I'll even throw in the tranny tune. Jeff

Jeff I assume it sits a little higher now since it towed another to the track? That's an awesome time.