Top 25 Stock Duramax's

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Good going guys.

Jeff, I do believe you took over #1. :) Congrats. You may want to snap a couple pics of the truck/motor while you're at it....for posterity's sake.

Ya
The stock Duramax police will be here for inspection. They are worse than the mattres police or the mag wheel police. Funny thing is; the biggest complainers for being stock are the biggest cheaters. You can't believe the neat places they hid the bottle.:rofl:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Jeff, I see Chris used DragRadials, did you use them too? Man, I wish I would have been able to use a set this past year.

Details, if something changed, then Jeff is #2. Sorry, Im still sore about that.

Yeah, Mike, I agree. Scuttlebutt is someone else visited Fleece before he made his runs, too. :mad:

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Tires

I use MT ET treet tires. I towed my buddy down to the track and we changed tires and I raced. I didn't pull the hitch or any seats or anything. I run it just like I drive it everyday. I sold my other trucks so this is my daily driver. I'll take pictures of the motor and get some of the markings from the junk yard on the turbo cover. I guess some must think I have some of my other parts on this motor. I can assure you all I do not! To me it's about the challenge to make the truck go faster! My truck(the truck itself) works very well! If it doesn't 60' good I can't get a good et. It must 60' to do anything. Anyone wanting to do good with a stock truck and make this list must make the truck run the first half of the track! I wish there was more time so I could put a new cp3 pump on mine so it would hold rail pressure better. This motor is only supposed to have 60k but the pump doesn't seem to hold pressure very good. I only run a 3050 pulse and it still trips the light at the finish line. If anyone has any doubt's about anything on my truck I can take pictures or anyone is welcome to look at it if they want. This motor doesn't even have a BD manifold on it. It is 100% stock. I would like to try some headers and up pipes maybe even a better down pipe but I just don't have the money to sink into it for a maybe result. The GM people did a pretty good job on these things. Jeff

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Stock motor

I will even go one better and sell the motor to anyone who wants it for 5K and I will take you for a ride or down a track if open. It will come with everything form the 6.6 lid on the turbo to the oil in the pan. 100% comeplete with the tune I ran 12.15 with. anyone who thinks it has a cheater turbo or injectors or anything, Here's your chance. I'll even throw in the tranny tune. Jeff

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Jeff, you're one guy I dont doubt. BUT, there will be others who will, so be prepared.

You are exactly right about having to run good the first 1/8 mile to even have a chance. Did you notice (as I did) that the engine seems to "wake up" the second half? Seems the stock turbos dont like the constant changes in boost when shifting, but give them consistency on the second half and they do better than most think.

Again, congrats to both you, Chris and 05chevy. You all deserve it.

Last edited:

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
So after 4 years or so of chasing Buck and Jess, we finally have a new #1. Congrats Jeff.

Congrats Chris for another strong showing, still moving up the list himself.

Congrats 05chevy on your addition to the list.

1) Stingpuller (Jeff) 12.15@108 LBZ
2) N20Dmax (Buck) 12.18@xxx LB7
3) LBZRcks (Jason) [email protected] LBZ
4) JD4440 (Chris) 12.26 @107.4 LBZ
5) RickDLance (Rick and TJ) [email protected] LLY
6) TheBac (Tom) [email protected] LB7
7) Moss022 (Jeremy) 12.34@108 LB7
8) twistedlogic010 (DJ) [email protected] LMM
9) skintback (Sonny) [email protected] LLY
10) DrHolliday (Chris) [email protected] LBZ
11) Dmaxchris (Chris) [email protected] LBZ
12) Redbowtiesx2 (Beech) [email protected] LLY
13)Tomac (Mike) 12.49@107 LB7
14) Kat (Kathy) [email protected] LBZ
15) 05chevy (Bobby) [email protected] LLY
16) llybully (Kenny) [email protected] LLY
17) GMC-2002-Dmax (Tony) [email protected] LBZ
18) duramaxgirlLB7 (Kelsie) [email protected] LB7
19) rnolan (Ryan) [email protected] LB7
20) Carbon04 (Daryl) [email protected] LB7
21) Noreaster (AJ) 12.55 @ 107.9 LB7
22) UPnGONE (Scott) [email protected] LBZ
23) gmduramax (Anthony) 12.56@106 LMM
24) dirtymax1 (Justin) [email protected] LBZ
25) JST (Jeff) [email protected] LB7

Bumped:

smudge122 (Shane) [email protected] LLY

(Yeah, I know I said I wouldnt update it anymore, but this was too important not to get done ASAP)

Last edited:

SteveFord

What's Next?
May 8, 2008
Iowa
Seems with stock injectors that "most" only hit 108mph so the 60ft is very important. I still think bigger injectors are ok but thats my opinion. Congrats Jeff!!

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Id still like to know more particulars on Jason's 12.25 run. Never really heard much other than the time. It always intrigued me.