Top 25 Stock Duramax's

sickdiesel

Apr 22, 2010
Quite a show is an understatement best part was watching Rony jump out of the truck and run like hell.:roflmao: He cut a little .013 light on a .4 protree on me, good going Rony little pay back from Brainerd. That was one of 6 lights he cut that were less than .099 on a .4 protree. Try that some time boys and girls.:thumb:

aint that the truth! i saw him jump out and run so i slammed my truck in reverse and damn near did a 4x4 reverse burnout to get away from his truck :eek:

Dudgy

Runaway
Jun 1, 2010
Alberta
great meeting you Dudgy, and glad we both could make it to the finals in super diesel. was CRAZY seeing your truck runaway right in front of us tho! hey at least you have a new name for your truck :) lol

and for both of our R/Ts you cutting a .013 to my .010 on the .4 pro tree!!

Ya was great meeting you and racing with you. Love your truck! Would've been a close race, wish I would've made it to the traps.

Dudgy

Runaway
Jun 1, 2010
Alberta
aint that the truth! i saw him jump out and run so i slammed my truck in reverse and damn near did a 4x4 reverse burnout to get away from his truck :eek:

Hahaha it scared the crap out of me at first. Wasn't sure what was going on but as soon as I was out and lookin at it I knew lol. Then the guy was spraying into the wheelwells with the firehose. Showed him where to spray, straight onto the air filter. It worked he had it almost killed and then he went to spray the grille wtf!!! And it started revving up again lol. But they killed it little later. We'll see how much oil is left in the pan tomorrow

sickdiesel

Apr 22, 2010
Hahaha it scared the crap out of me at first. Wasn't sure what was going on but as soon as I was out and lookin at it I knew lol. Then the guy was spraying into the wheelwells with the firehose. Showed him where to spray, straight onto the air filter. It worked he had it almost killed and then he went to spray the grille wtf!!! And it started revving up again lol. But they killed it little later. We'll see how much oil is left in the pan tomorrow

haha i know, he started to spray your exhaust :confused: i was like wtf!

BTW i like the name in the sig :thumb:

again great meeting you and hope we get to ran again!! your truck flat out amazed me :woott:

Dudgy

Runaway
Jun 1, 2010
Alberta
Quite a show is an understatement best part was watching Rony jump out of the truck and run like hell.:roflmao: He cut a little .013 light on a .4 protree on me, good going Rony little pay back from Brainerd. That was one of 6 lights he cut that were less than .099 on a .4 protree. Try that some time boys and girls.:thumb:

Thanks Ken!! This was my best raceday ever. I have never cut that many good lights in one day. And then to make it to both finals first time ever trying nitrous. I think I got the tree figured out lol can't wait for Edmonton. Hopefully have it running again and try it all over again hahaha. I was so stoked when I saw my light blink after racing you, and then when I got the slip I couldn't believe my RT and the 11.71@114. I was a little shocked

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
Sorry to hear, but it was bound to happen. Welcome to the club.

You didnt add windows and a screen door to the block when it ran away, did you? :eek:
NICE r/ts. Its not easy tree'ing Verlon and Ken.

No, it didn't run that fast, must have been the heavy engine oil, didn't sound over reved at all. He had the air filter on it and they sprayed water on that to kill it. Hopefully it didn't suck much into the engine. Sure put up one hell of a cloud of smoke. :eek: Rony said he was going to pull the heads and check it out. Hopefully put another turbo on it and run it. Hard to say at this point how much damage was done. The mistake was trying to drive it back to the pits after the turbo blew. Anyone ever see a dmax or any common rail run away before?

Dudgy

Runaway
Jun 1, 2010
Alberta
Ya it ran very smooth and not very high rpm. 5W-40 Amsoil. There's a lot of that fire extinguisher crap in my boost tubes and on my nitrous jets. I think lots of it went thru the engine. Ya it was a stupid idea to try to drive it back but i first thought i blew a boot, there was no smoke and no noises, ran good so i decided to drive it onto the return lane, bad idea, oh well lesson learned, if it ever happens again, shut er off and tow it back to the pits lol :thumb: I learned a lot on saturday. Just adds experience ;)

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Anyone ever see a dmax or any common rail run away before?
I didn't see either, but I have heard of a couple. The guy that owned that black lowered LMM dually had one run away. He bought a rolled over LBZ that had, unbeknownst to him, filled the CAC with oil. When he started it, it ran away and scattered the top end.

We also had a customer at work that ran out of diesel in his LB7. He called us asking how to get it started. We told him to prime the filter, and it should fire right up. Unfortunately, his primer pump was not working, so he got the bright idea to remove the air filter and pour diesel directly into the turbo. I'm sure you can imagine what happened next. He had the same results as the previous. He ended up breaking some bridges and bending push rods.

jacobdewey

This won't last long...
Jan 14, 2011
Fixed it for ya! You didn't know you needed one of these...... I might have to make one for myself. :D
0701dp_28_z+diesel_power_challenge_east_competitors+dustin_meyers_2005_dodge_2500_air_cutoff.jpg

Dudgy

Runaway
Jun 1, 2010
Alberta
Unfortunately I'm pulling the motor. I guess Super Diesel final in Woodburn was the last pass for this one