Top 25 Stock Duramax's

05chevy

Jun 10, 2010
Originally Posted by Subman<br />
Yes pretty sure you can do that. What's this crap I'm driving my built truck 1700 miles and your are hauling your stock truck?? Got to rethink this, "Top 25 Stock Duramax's" list.:poke:
<br />
<br />
Would you risk driving Max'd Out to the track and back home? No, you wouldnt.<br />
<br />
There's a pretty large amount of risk involved running a low 12/high 11 in a stock DD truck, esp fuel-only....about the same as you risk running 9.40s with your truck. <br />
That risk was in the back of my mind all last year and the reason I wont push my truck harder. Rebuilding once was enough. My truck may be fast, but I cant compete against guys with (literally) bare-bones RCs with 400-600lb weight advantages. Im sure as hell not gonna kill my truck trying. My 12.14 was good enough for me....I know whats what. ;)
My truck only runs 12.35 but i haul it every place I go even if its local. You never know when something will happen

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
Would you risk driving Max'd Out to the track and back home? No, you wouldnt.

There's a pretty large amount of risk involved running a low 12/high 11 in a stock DD truck, esp fuel-only....about the same as you risk running 9.40s with your truck.
That risk was in the back of my mind all last year and the reason I wont push my truck harder. Rebuilding once was enough. My truck may be fast, but I cant compete against guys with (literally) bare-bones RCs with 400-600lb weight advantages. Im sure as hell not gonna kill my truck trying. My 12.14 was good enough for me....I know whats what. ;)

I know what your saying Tom, I killed my stock motor in my 02 GMC CC and I did drive it everywhere. That Mtn pulling in Western Montana was probably about as hard on a truck as anything you could have done. But it had injectors, twins, and dual CP's and stacked tuners. The stock trucks we are talking about here only have great tuning and a few other things. Yes I'd drive my, "stock truck" as these rules apply and not worry about it too much. Any truck will break but hauling a stock truck to a race to me somehow doesnt' seem to be in the spirit of the thing. Smart yes, don't deny that.:D

Dudgy

Runaway
Jun 1, 2010
Alberta
I drove mine to quite a few local races last year and switched to the slicks at the track. This year I haul it everywhere, didn't buy that bigass trailer to sit in my shop while I race hahaha. And changing tires sucks, bringing tools etc etc.

bigbird

Sep 18, 2006
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Yes pretty sure you can do that. What's this crap I'm driving my built truck 1700 miles and your are hauling your stock truck?? Got to rethink this, "Top 25 Stock Duramax's" list.:poke:

Starting to be as many "stock" trailer queens on this list as there are on the top 50. Thought this list was more about quick real trucks.

dordtrecht5

Regular Cabs Rock
Jul 21, 2009
Wherever I am working
Me too, however, there was a stock DMAX that had to be hauled back home from the races last weekend. He broke a front drive shaft and it spun it into the transmission case and cracked it, spewing fluid. A friend of a friend brought the trailer just in case to the track empty. Luckily it was there. Same thing at the pulls, a lot of guys trailer their trucks there just in case.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Ken, Kelly, you two know how I feel about the three race-only trucks being on the list, but there's nothing we can do about that now. Its not real-world, but we all knew people would eventually do it. I guess as long as its still a stock engine in a full-body truck then thats that.
For what it's worth, I'd have put mine on a trailer if I would've had friends willing to help like that...it would've been a smart thing to do, (not that running hard enough to NEED a trailer is very smart in the first place). :rofl:

BTW Ken,theres a hell of a lot more to it than just a "great tune and a few other things" needed to push a 12.0 with a stock turbo/injectors. ;) You cant just slap a bigger charger or two CP3s on the truck and still qualify. I already had to remove one jackass off the list because I found out he ran a Cheetah and lied about it. Anyway....why do you care about any of this in the first place? Top50 getting boring?

Im going on vacation starting today, so if anyone runs a number this week, I wont be here to update the list. It'll get done when I get back next weekend.

Last edited:

cwmeaux1

Dec 11, 2011
Carlyss, Louisiana
Congrats again Charles:thumb:
Thanks buddy

I know how hard Charles worked for this and how good it makes him feel....my sincere Congrats to you brotha, and thanks for everything you do for us as well. You earned it!

With help from friends , some late nights in my shop on the weekend , plenty of beer, and a wife that turned wrenches on it to, I am glad it payed off.
You can hear there voices at the end of the videos :)

Noreaster

Jun 13, 2007
Cape Cod,MA
Up to last fall when I bought the extended cab my regular cab was my daily driver, I always drove it to the track except for one time. I did have a breakdown 7 hours a couple years back from home a couple years back that made me cautious about pushing the truck as hard as I could.
Im going to trailer the regular cab this year cause I know Im on borrowed time, most trucks on this list are probably in the same boat.

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
Ken, Kelly, you two know how I feel about the three race-only trucks being on the list, but there's nothing we can do about that now. Its not real-world, but we all knew people would eventually do it. I guess as long as its still a stock engine in a full-body truck then thats that.
For what it's worth, I'd have put mine on a trailer if I would've had friends willing to help like that...it would've been a smart thing to do, (not that running hard enough to NEED a trailer is very smart in the first place). :rofl:

BTW Ken,theres a hell of a lot more to it than just a "great tune and a few other things" needed to push a 12.0 with a stock turbo/injectors. ;) You cant just slap a bigger charger or two CP3s on the truck and still qualify. I already had to remove one jackass off the list because I found out he ran a Cheetah and lied about it. Anyway....why do you care about any of this in the first place? Top50 getting boring? Im going on vacation starting today, so if anyone runs a number this week, I wont be here to update the list. It'll get done when I get back next weekend.

Tom IYRC I was in on this thread from the beginning when you started it over on the DP and watched all the gyrations that everyone went though to come up with what was stock and what wasn't, and I know exactly what it takes to make on of these things move. BTW wasn't your 12.14 pass not allowed because something you did to your truck wasn't considered stock?:eek: One of the things I have learned about stock trucks is some are just plain quicker than others no matter what tweeking you do. Rony's truck is a freak. It's the only one I really know first hand. The biggest thing is weight, pretty easy to see what the MPH is going to top out at, the only way to make it go quicker is dump a bunch of weight. If I were going after this record I'd probably take off the hood, front fenders and put on a light weight flat bed. Unless I've missed something along the way, and I could have, that would still be legal and I'll bet it would go into the 11's pretty easy.

Enjoy your vacation and Rony I'll see you in Brainerd. If any of you other guys are there, please come by and say howdy. :thumb:

Last edited:

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
It's not just the trailering thing. It's the about of weight saving etc some of you do. If you were driving on the street you'd get beat by more cars because your not at race weight... What ever weight or setup you drive on the street should be the same as you race on. Imo that shows how fast your truck really is, other wise its all that it "could be" on another day. That to me is kinda like taking credit for a dyno number that's obviously wrong. Just what I think, flame on if you want.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Dudgy

Runaway
Jun 1, 2010
Alberta
One more last try for me on friday night in Woodburn Oregon. They say it's a pretty quick track, and close to sealevel which will be good. Installed nitrous on my truck yesterday but taking bottles off for friday night, strapping them back on the truck for saturday Super Diesel. If track prep is better than Mission, and the air is good there could be a 11 possible, i spun bad on my 12.05 run in mission cuz the track prep was horrible