Top 25 Stock Duramax's

dmtcm

BigRed
Jul 18, 2011
Um, not ALL the trucks here in the deep south are white. Some of us just have to be different! I help support the fast boys in the white straight jackets down here !:roflmao:
Kory keeps mine tuned, Charles, Eric, Everett and the rest help me keep her running mechanically. For a big rig, you don't want to underestimate her!:thumb:

Dudgy

Runaway
Jun 1, 2010
Alberta
I guess i'll get one more chance next spring for that 11.99. I'm dropping an entire LBZ drivetrain into my racetruck and i'm gonna see if that LBZ is capable of a little more than the LB7. Probably only gonna try 1 or 2 weekends before upgrading the turbo unless i can run consistent 11.9's for super diesel on the stock turbo but i doubt it. Gonna be interesting to see if there is any difference between engines :D

cwmeaux1

Dec 11, 2011
Carlyss, Louisiana
I guess i'll get one more chance next spring for that 11.99. I'm dropping an entire LBZ drivetrain into my racetruck and i'm gonna see if that LBZ is capable of a little more than the LB7. Probably only gonna try 1 or 2 weekends before upgrading the turbo unless i can run consistent 11.9's for super diesel on the stock turbo but i doubt it. Gonna be interesting to see if there is any difference between engines :D

Will be some work, but Lbz is so much better to work on and vvt will be nice :thumb:

DURAMXD

BOB SAGET!
Apr 24, 2012
Wichita, KS
Just wondering... are there any other 2wd trucks on the list?

I knew about the TOP 50, but didn't know anything about this list until I saw you post something on facebook the other day.

I think I will try to put another 2wd on the list next season.

Do I get to be an honorary member of the coon asses since I have a white truck and will be running your tunes? :roflmao:

cwmeaux1

Dec 11, 2011
Carlyss, Louisiana
I knew about the TOP 50, but didn't know anything about this list until I saw you post something on facebook the other day.

I think I will try to put another 2wd on the list next season.

Do I get to be an honorary member of the coon asses since I have a white truck and will be running your tunes? :roflmao:

:thumb:

rfletes79

Mar 5, 2010
Galt, Ca 95632
not sure if this is allowed but would a stock LB7 in a car be allowed in on this action? My bone stock LB7 in my chevelle ran an 11.27 @ 118.

Dudgy

Runaway
Jun 1, 2010
Alberta
Stock motor and stock body. Must have came with a duramax from factory

That's moving though for a stock motor! Nice

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Stock motor and stock body. Must have came with a duramax from factory

That's moving though for a stock motor! Nice

Ah...but what about swapping a different motor into the same truck? IMO, not going to count, either....

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
I thought about this also, not trying to take anything from Dudgy, very impressed with what he's done, but dont we also have someone on the list with a turbo from a different model? An LMM turbo on an LBZ truck? Cant remember.

DURAMXD

BOB SAGET!
Apr 24, 2012
Wichita, KS
I thought about this also, not trying to take anything from Dudgy, very impressed with what he's done, but dont we also have someone on the list with a turbo from a different model? An LMM turbo on an LBZ truck? Cant remember.

I thought the idea was that different factory parts could be switched around as long as they were factory parts? If it is OK to run an LBZ CP3 on a LB7, why not a LMM turbo on a LBZ? And I'm speaking in generalities, not specifics. That was just what the original guidelines stated.