Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
This thread should be stickied or what ever its called
I agree. Done.

I weighed my truck in topeka. 5820 empty. 6020 with me in the seat
Holy crap! My truck is over 1200 lbs heavier than yours.

So, I know I have said this numerous times before, but I still say the only rules should be fuel only, stock CP3, and stock turbo. Those are the "hard limits" for air and fuel (the two things that determine horsepower potential in a diesel). I still totally do not get why injectors are not allowed. You can get extrude honed tips for $350, but a set of upgraded up pipes is $500. Sure, they're harder to do in an LB7, but how many LB7s still have the stock factory installed injectors? It totally boggles my mind why guys are so against injectors.

SteveFord

What's Next?
May 8, 2008
Iowa
I agree. Done.

So, I know I have said this numerous times before, but I still say the only rules should be fuel only, stock CP3, and stock turbo. Those are the "hard limits" for air and fuel (the two things that determine horsepower potential in a diesel). I still totally do not get why injectors are not allowed. You can get extrude honed tips for $350, but a set of upgraded up pipes is $500. Sure, they're harder to do in an LB7, but how many LB7s still have the stock factory installed injectors? It totally boggles my mind why guys are so against injectors.

I agree on the injectors. Your still limited on how much fuel you can go by the cp3.

Dudgy

Runaway
Jun 1, 2010
Alberta
Intercooler also shouldn't matter. It's just like an air intake, you're improving the airflow into the motor. You're not touching the engine at all

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I wont comment on injectors other than to say there'd be some position changes on the list.....;)

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I wont comment on injectors other than to say there'd be some position changes on the list.....;)
I think it's mostly guys on the list that still have stock injectors that don't want them allowed...

SteveFord

What's Next?
May 8, 2008
Iowa
I feel injectors shouldnt matter. Your source of fuel comes from the cp3. Intercooler shoudn't either since your source of air comes from the stock turbo.

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I think it's mostly guys on the list that still have stock injectors that don't want them allowed...

It was other "people" with no dog in the hunt that complained and raised the stink, but it was enough to start a firestorm. I think only one person actually on the list said something against them.

We could argue this til the cows come home and never make any headway on what "IS" and "ISNT" allowed.

I finally got the rollpan painted....ready to be reinstalled Friday. :) There's 50lbs saved.

Attachments

• 0914012146.jpg
    0914012146.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
I agree. Done.

It was other "people" with no dog in the hunt that complained and raised the stink, but it was enough to start a firestorm. I think only one person actually on the list said something against them.

We could argue this til the cows come home and never make any headway on what "IS" and "ISNT" allowed.

I finally got the rollpan painted....ready to be reinstalled Friday. :) There's 50lbs saved.

I think injectors should be allowed. IIRC the reason people had a problem with injectors being allowed was because the list started out not allowing them and then the rules changed.

Hell it is your list Tom, do whatever you want who cares what everyone else says.

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Unfortunately, its not my decision. This list was actually started by RickLance at his site. It took on a whole life of its own when I posted it over at DP. I ended up being the guy who updated it when new times came in, so everyone thought I was the guy who started it in the first place. Cant take that credit.
I had always assumed (what does that get you?) from old posts at DP that Spruill's 12.18 (the time to beat for 4 years) was done with 20% and modded CP3. I asked Jess, and he couldnt really remember what they were doing that long ago, so it was never questioned.
That was the reason I went with the tips when I had the injectors redone....my assumption. But...I got read the riot act for the 12.14 b/c of the tips, so things reverted back. Hence why I wish I had left the injectors alone.

Heck, I was simply on a mission to beat Jeremy's 12.34 back then. Never even thought about a 12.teen, let alone an 11.9x. Shoot, times like that were a pipedream 3 years ago. Talk about making headway in Dmax performance over the years. Damn.

Last edited:

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Stocker

I'm all for injectors if that's what everyone want's. I think it should stay stock but it really doesn't matter to me. I'm getting ready to put my stock motor back in mine and put it all back to stock after this weekend. I'm building a new racer and mine will be stock again. I would like to know what's leagal before I put it back in. When I went 12.15 it was a totally stock takeout motor from a total. I'd like to do a mod pump,injectors,manifolds hell even a cheetah its still a stock housing! I reaaly don't think that would be stock but you guy's tell me. Jeff

SteveFord

What's Next?
May 8, 2008
Iowa
Things that remain stock, Cp3 and turbo. Injectors, intercoolers, fans, anything that can save weight or "free up" hp that is there already and make the engine live an easier life should be allowed. Thats my opinion. Also trucks should be daily drivers, not "race" trucks. If you have to get inside your motor for whatever reason than it should be put back together with stock heads as in no port work and cam.

Slick

Jan 9, 2007
As is always the case, everyone's opinion is biased based on what they have or have planned for their truck.

Same with sled-pulling rules, same with pretty much everything in life.

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Things that remain stock, Cp3 and turbo. Injectors, intercoolers, fans, anything that can save weight or "free up" hp that is there already and make the engine live an easier life should be allowed. Thats my opinion. Also trucks should be daily drivers, not "race" trucks. If you have to get inside your motor for whatever reason than it should be put back together with stock heads as in no port work and cam.

Agreed, but you're going to have to be one hell of a politician to get that past the masses.

JD4440

<< Lo-Carb Monster
Feb 27, 2009
Orlinda, TN
I'm all for injectors if that's what everyone want's. I think it should stay stock but it really doesn't matter to me. I'm getting ready to put my stock motor back in mine and put it all back to stock after this weekend. I'm building a new racer and mine will be stock again. I would like to know what's leagal before I put it back in. When I went 12.15 it was a totally stock takeout motor from a total. I'd like to do a mod pump,injectors,manifolds hell even a cheetah its still a stock housing! I reaaly don't think that would be stock but you guy's tell me. Jeff
Just do twins, they're stock on a Ford. :thumb:
As is always the case, everyone's opinion is biased based on what they have or have planned for their truck.

Same with sled-pulling rules, same with pretty much everything in life.

Hence why I dislike sled pulling a lot of times, and life for that matter.

05chevy

Jun 10, 2010
I think we all.need to.come to a agreement about the.injectors. I would.like to do my injectors this winter but am.holding back because I want to stay on this list. I think.we should have a poll or a vote and get a answer out of everyone on the list if possible. I vote yes on nozzles because i agree that u r limited by your cp3

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
I have no dog in the fight as I think stock turbos suck LOL... I say the only requirement is stock cp3 and stock turbo.

Dudgy

Runaway
Jun 1, 2010
Alberta
I'm against injectors but if they're allowed I'll be putting some in this winter which would make that 11sec pass even more doable :D