Top 25 Stock Duramax's

Dudgy

Runaway
Jun 1, 2010
Alberta
Nice Runs Dudgy! That's haulin the mail with a stock turbo. I think you have everything working in your favor to get into the 11's. Seems like you have a great attitude as well.:thumb:

Thanks man, from now on every .01 faster is a bonus. I was so frekin happy with that 12.18 run last week you wouldn't believe. And i've just started. Can't get much better than this, but i hope it will lol:woott::woott:

Dudgy

Runaway
Jun 1, 2010
Alberta
Well let's take them out of the grey area and don't allow them. Even though it might not add much for power, it's still a modified cp3. I really can't see why that would be allowed, but maybe that's just me.:confused:

duramax215

Team Jacoby
Dec 17, 2008
Waubeka, Wi
i think a modded cp3 should be allowed but no injectors your stock cp3 pump cant even keep up to the tunes that are avalible for these trucks well at least mine can't

Dudgy

Runaway
Jun 1, 2010
Alberta
i think a modded cp3 should be allowed but no injectors your stock cp3 pump cant even keep up to the tunes that are avalible for these trucks well at least mine can't

That's the point of this list, to find the limits of the stock motor. I won't touch my cp3, just sounds like "cheating" to me. I'll try to hit that 11 sec run on a "real stock" motor

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
All my opinion:

There are a lot of "grey areas" for bolt-ons. A few things depend on the person's mechanical ability, too. If the part can be bolted on or modded by you, then have at it.
I look at it this way....stock turbo and stock rods are the ultimate limiting factors.

Modded reg/suction pump are fine with me, because a person can do it themselves (based on the DIY). One of those Wicked-style completely modded CP3s, no.

Fiberglass body parts (other than hood) will probably void the run...keep that in mind. Sitting on milkcrates will also void run based on safety issues. ;)

Last year, I didnt think injectors would be "illegal" because lower pulse should balance the larger nozzles. Who's crazy enough to run 3200us pulse with bigger injectors on a stock motor?
Even with a modded regulator/suck pump, a single stock CP3 cant fully keep up with 30-overs at WOT with even 2700us pulse, so there's your limiter....but thats again just my opinion.

Going a start working on my truck tomorrow, finally.

Last edited:

DetailsUnlimited

Oct 26, 2009
Benton, Ar
I'm putting it out there just to be sure. I bought a brand new lbz cp3 from the dealership and sent it to Danville. It was only $120 bucks so it couldn't of been much.

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
Dudgy, how is your TCC lockup? Is it happening in 2nd gear?

Who's crazy enough to run 3200us pulse with bigger injectors on a stock motor?

Going a start working on my truck tomorrow, finally.

:hello:
If I had 2xCP3 I might try it once or twice. :D

Thats good to hear Tom. Go get that 11!

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
I changed all.my brakes to hawk pads and I have qa1s up front and.have to.still.do them on the rear. I have left on 22psi a few times and my truck just hops real bad. And the last 22psi launch is when I broke the front diff. Lol. But on the rear shocks what is the proper angle to mount the shocks?[/QUOTE]

As vertical to the ground as you can get them. Mount behind the axle.

Dudgy

Runaway
Jun 1, 2010
Alberta
Think he mentioned he needed a better tuner in one of his posts.

I'm just running a big tune, haven't done any data logging and tried to get it going faster. I'll be logging tomorrow at the races and hopefully we can get a little more out of it. :thumb: