Top 25 Stock Duramax's

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Stocker

Injectors will make the trucks faster. I think(not that it matters) that this list should be as close to tune only as possible. If you start to let aftermarket parts in were do you stop. To me it's about the challange! I think it should be on a stock type tire also. I run my times on ET street and they are not something you want to drive to the track on. You can! I have but not very safe(i'm lazy). This list should be for fun. Jeff

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I think it should be either completely stock engine (in other words, only allow exhaust, intake, lift pump, tune, and built transmission), or anything goes except stock CP3 and stock turbo.

Noreaster

Jun 13, 2007
Cape Cod,MA
I think we all.need to.come to a agreement about the.injectors. I would.like to do my injectors this winter but am.holding back because I want to stay on this list. I think.we should have a poll or a vote and get a answer out of everyone on the list if possible.

I agree on a vote

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
I say bolts ons go. Stock Injectors and stock turbo. Oem frame, no short bed regular cabs or duramax c10s or mustangs etc.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
Wouldn't making it the Top 25 stock "turbo" list with the only limitations being you run a untouched stock turbo, no nitrous and the vehicle must have come from the factory with a duramax be a simple way to end the arguements about what's legal and what isn't?

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
I love watching this discussion, since I don't have a dog in this fight either here is my suggestion. Ask three people who are familiar with dmax's and who are not and will not be on this list and ask them to come up with a set of rules for what is a stock Dmax. Start a new list next year with those rules in place. You need fair people, I for one would think Matt Handwork, Rob Coddens and Brad from G & J Diesel owner of Dirty Max would do a good job. all are well respected in the dmax world and are fair and helpful. Those are just suggestions, not even sure they would want to do it, but that way you would have your rules, those who want to play would comply and those who don't can't complain.:2cents:

05chevy

Jun 10, 2010
Went 12.36 then 12.35 @ 108 tonight only got 2 passes because they had a big nine inch class. Will post slips tomorrow I know it doesn't bump me up but its slowly getting faster. And I'm game for a fresh list next year.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I say bolts ons go. Stock Injectors and stock turbo. Oem frame, no short bed regular cabs or duramax c10s or mustangs etc.

Care to share why? I've asked a few guys, and they never have a good reason.

Dudgy

Runaway
Jun 1, 2010
Alberta
Care to share why? I've asked a few guys, and they never have a good reason.

Cuz they are inside the engine, and it's about keeping the engine stock. I'd say stock turbo, cp3, injectors and allow any kinda bolt ons you wish, they don't change your engine, just adds to better air in, and better air out of the engine

Micheal Tomac

been pulling forever
Aug 12, 2008
MI
As these trucks get older the injectors will need to be replaced or already have been a couple times What if the reman injectors flow a little better than the originals that came in the truck from the factory? What if a guy buys a set of 8 stock reman injectors. Can he have them flow matched to make them all flow as much as the best one of the set and still be "stock" ?

I think the list should be stock turbo and stock CP3. I don't have a problem with newer LBZ & LMM CP3's or regulators on LB7 & LLY trucks.

Also, the truck should be a 2001 & newer 2500HD or 3500HD GM truck.

IMO, tires should be a street tire that you can drive every day with, no slicks or cheater slicks.

Do electric fans actually show any ET decrease or MPH increase at the track?

JD4440

<< Lo-Carb Monster
Feb 27, 2009
Orlinda, TN
IMO, tires should be a street tire that you can drive every day with, no slicks or cheater slicks.

Do electric fans actually show any ET decrease or MPH increase at the track?

even thought that would put me halfway back down the list I'd agree with that. cheater slicks gave me considerable time.
As far as the fans I hope so, that's coming soon for me.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Cuz they are inside the engine, and it's about keeping the engine stock. I'd say stock turbo, cp3, injectors and allow any kinda bolt ons you wish, they don't change your engine, just adds to better air in, and better air out of the engine

Thats exactly my take on it too.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I don't consider injectors to be an internal engine component. You may make the argument on an LB7 since they are under the valve cover, but you would be stretching to say an injector on an LLY/LBZ/LMM is an internal engine component. That would be like saying a carburetor or spark plug on a gasser is an internal engine component

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
I don't consider injectors to be an internal engine component. You may make the argument on an LB7 since they are under the valve cover, but you would be stretching to say an injector on an LLY/LBZ/LMM is an internal engine component. That would be like saying a carburetor or spark plug on a gasser is an internal engine component

Than why would a cp3 not be allowed going by your argument?

Noreaster

Jun 13, 2007
Cape Cod,MA
I think that if bigger injectors are allowed then a modded CP3 might as well be too cause theres no way to visually tell a difference & somebody is bound to push the limits

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Than why would a cp3 not be allowed going by your argument?

Because modified injectors don't let you get more fuel into the engine. They just let you get that fuel into the engine in a shorter amount of time.

I think that if bigger injectors are allowed then a modded CP3 might as well be too cause theres no way to visually tell a difference & somebody is bound to push the limits
Why? It isn't about what you can visually tell a difference in and what looks stock. If that were the case, we shouldn't allow aftermarket up-pipes or intakes either. The fact of the mater is, in my opinion anyway, the list should be about what a Duramax is capable of with stock fuel and air limitations. Those limitations being a stock fuel delivery system, CP3 pump, and a stock turbo.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Updated an ET.

1) Stingpuller (Jeff) 12.15@108 LBZ
2) Dudgy (Rony) [email protected] LB7
3) N20Dmax (Buck) 12.18@xxx LB7
4) LBZRcks (Jason) [email protected] LBZ
5) RickDLance (Rick and TJ) [email protected] LLY
6) TheBac (Tom) [email protected] LB7