The throttle stomp, count to three then go thread.

Buck'sLMM

Spark Plugs Suck!
Mar 3, 2010
DuBois, PA
didn't have time to read everything before i had to do actually work...anyway everyone is saying its tuning (fuel related) i don't believe mine is fuel related because its a full truck thunk like the trans fell out of it then waaahhhh! it did it before i had efi and was running anywhere from a 40-160hp PPE tune.

is it because i don't have a built trans and the computer is wiggin out or what? Also mine does it anywhere from 30-55mph when rolling along and passing zone comes up and I mat it. It has also done it once or twice at highway speed but just about every time at secondary road speed.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Interesting......
I'd like to know what his thoughts on that were.

03 D-max

Honorary "Tosser"
Apr 29, 2008
Lowville NY
i would think the 6speed has something to do with this, even on the gassers the 6 speeds have a huge delay before down shift and then a couple seconds after downshift before it comes into it, gassers with the 5 speed are alot quicker to the reaction. not saying this is the problem, just something i have noticed with the gassers... hope you guys get this figured out

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Today I stomped it and waited about 10 seconds for it to go. Watched the boost gauge slowly go down in the mean time, same thing happened to me about a week ago. I would love to get a log of it, but so far its been really random

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
How many guys have this problem-
Cruising down the highway at say 50mph
Mash the peddle to pull out and pass
Wait for 2 seconds for it to downshift
Then wait another 1/2 second for everything to remember wtf is what supposed to be doing and then away it goes

I have tried several different things to try and get this worked out but I can't figure it out. Tuning in general is somewhat a difficulty for me at the best times but in 2 years of doing it, this one has got me completely beat. I've heard people say that your trans tune needs to be matched to the ecm tune but I have no idea how to do that or why either. This may be my problem.......

So, lets get this out for discussion so maybe I can get some idea's on how to fix it. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has ever had this problem!!!
Glad to hear it not just me

maxxflip

Apr 25, 2009
Alberta
How many guys have this problem-
Cruising down the highway at say 50mph
Mash the peddle to pull out and pass
Wait for 2 seconds for it to downshift
Then wait another 1/2 second for everything to remember wtf is what supposed to be doing and then away it goes

I have tried several different things to try and get this worked out but I can't figure it out. Tuning in general is somewhat a difficulty for me at the best times but in 2 years of doing it, this one has got me completely beat. I've heard people say that your trans tune needs to be matched to the ecm tune but I have no idea how to do that or why either. This may be my problem.......

So, lets get this out for discussion so maybe I can get some idea's on how to fix it. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has ever had this problem!!!

Sounds familier....
Mines alot better in manual mode....just downshift before u mash the go pedal.

maxxflip

Apr 25, 2009
Alberta
Go to table B0201 and set all the values to 77.16 lbs/minute. Once you do that you will have to shut off all the MAF codes. Give it a try and see what happens.

So gonna try adjusting B0201....What about B0205?
Does it need to correspond with B0201?