The throttle stomp, count to three then go thread.

rgullett83

Oct 27, 2008
Illinois
My z does this as well, but not every time, sometimes you mash it and she takes off like a rocket, other times there is a hesitation

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Mine does it too, It's annoying. But like said to deal with it I put the truck into 4th and T/H then hammer on her and put her back into drive.

Rolling into is not an option when your lined up next to another truck, period. Its just to hard to control yourself

Exactly. OF course it's usually neccessary to give a Ford a 2 second head start as it is but I'd rather just be able to pull away and beat his ass badly at a 40mph roll on than downshift and go for it-sometimes you don't get the opportunity or chance to downshift either.

Add more power don't have to worry about it. I roll into mine she moves out fine.

Mine does too. I'm just trying to find some way of tuning out the neccessity of doing this and not getting anywhere. If the 7's and I believe the Y's can do it without the delay, why shouldn't I want to be able to do the same with the Z's and M's????? Is it just a 6 speed thing??

Last edited:

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Dale , I do think it would be helpful to Log MM3 , I garentee it is a fueling Issue ( tuning ) , whether you guys have access to the fix or not is the question , i have never tuned a LBZ so .....

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
It is definetly a fueling issue Trent. It's just I haven't found anything to fix it. It does it even with the stock tune in!:gay:

rgullett83

Oct 27, 2008
Illinois
It is definetly a fueling issue Trent. It's just I haven't found anything to fix it. It does it even with the stock tune in!:gay:

I couldnt tell if mine does with stock tune, It hasnt had the stock tune in it since september of 07.

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
I've noticed this as well, I usually just put it in M and downshift to 4th. It get's up and goes just fine then. :angel:

I'd have to agree that its definitely a fueling issue.

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
Mine does it too, It's annoying. But like said to deal with it I put the truck into 4th and T/H then hammer on her and put her back into drive.

Rolling into is not an option when your lined up next to another truck, period. Its just to hard to control yourself

If you do that on the strip and not the street, you can build boost and leave without issue and no cops to worry about.;)

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
[/COLOR]

If you do that on the strip and not the street, you can build boost and leave without issue and no cops to worry about.;)

Who said anything about cops??
Or speeding?:confused:

File that under irrelevant.......

I'm talking about cruising down windy two lane highways and then all of a sudden you have an opportunity to pass so you rug it and pull out. No time to roll into it...

Last edited:

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I'm not having a problem with my truck and I can't fix your for you. So do you have any logs of this or what?

McRat fount that table it had a few magic blue bottles on it.:D

Well that's weird that you dont have this problem. What OS are you running in the trans and ECM?

I don't have logs of this and I can't get them for a month as I am at work. Maybe someone else can though.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I can log it, jsut don't know exactly what to log to show this. Anybody?
Log throttle position and fuel quantity. I think the problem is related to MAF. The fuel quantity doesn't come up until the engine sees the correct airflow to support the fuel.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Main Injection Fuel Flow Rate, GM.MAIN1Q_DMA. I think a couple more useful PIDS would be Engine Torque Reference, GM.ENGTRQREF_DMA, and Air Flow Rate From Mass Air Flow Sensor, SAE.MAF. Basically, you're looking to show that when you go to full throttle the fuel quantity doesn't come up with it. I bet you will see it comes up as the MAF rate increases.