The throttle stomp, count to three then go thread.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
I have these 3 logs. I Don't know how put these in a dashboard graph. So hopefully you can do it yourself because it is hard to read just the data.

This one is 3 short full throttle stomps in O/D View attachment 123 Go OD.zip

This is in M4 View attachment 123 Go M.zip

This one has one O/D and one M View attachment 123 Go OD then M.zip

Before everyone says the pause is just because of down shifting, it's not.

You can cleary feel another pause after the down shift

Attachments

• 123 Go M.zip
    13.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 123 Go OD then M.zip
    9.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 123 Go OD.zip
    18.3 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
What is it? I had to go to class to pick up something I left.
Go to table B0201 and set all the values to 77.16 lbs/minute. Once you do that you will have to shut off all the MAF codes. Give it a try and see what happens.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
It won't blow up. Just might throw codes and/or go into limp mode if all the codes aren't turned off. It'll probably smoke a bit more when you get on it.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky

Attachments

• B0201 77.16 OD.zip
    9.1 KB · Views: 7
  • B0201 77.16 OD 2.zip
    10.8 KB · Views: 7
  • B0201 77.16 M.zip
    9.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I can't view the logs on this comp. Anyone see anything different?
It may be more powerful but did the delay go away?

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
I don't think so, well not enough to feel great about. I think It jsut pulls alittle harder when it finally goes, so it feels like the delay is shortened.

I would be able to tell better if I could get these to show up on the dashboard.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I can't view the logs on this comp. Anyone see anything different?
It may be more powerful but did the delay go away?
Here are some screen shots.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• stock MAF.jpg
    stock MAF.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 190
  • modded MAF.jpg
    modded MAF.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 188

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Looks like it does bring everything closer. How much difference is there in the delay between the logs from the time TP goes to 100% untill the rpm comes up? I'm talking before and after the changes to MAF.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Well that's weird that you dont have this problem. What OS are you running in the trans and ECM?

I don't have logs of this and I can't get them for a month as I am at work. Maybe someone else can though.

I was wrong I do have a delay, but I didn't try it in T/H. I played with the MAF some before. IIRC it didn't help much overall, but its been several months. I think you only need to set the MAF to 30 maybe 32. If you look at the first log JoshH put the shot up of. You can see the at 31.91Lbs/Min is where its allowing full fueling. It does the same thing from a dead stop, so I'm not sure thats where the delay is. Really its not a bad thing you don't want to over fuel to much before you have the air to burn it.

Last edited:

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
That's correct Dozer. Personally I don't think it's got anything to do with MAF. I believe it's got more to do with fueling and maybe shift time? When you rug it, it falls on it's face, drops 1 sometimes 2 gears, and then starts to fuel again. I know it's risky but maybe shortening the shift timing a little on the downshift might help??

Last edited:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
That's correct Dozer. Personally I don't think it's got anything to do with MAF. I believe it's got more to do with fueling and maybe shift time? When you rug it, it falls on it's face, drops 1 sometimes 2 gears, and then starts to fuel again. I know it's risky but maybe shortening the shift timing a little on the downshift might help??
What do you mean? The MAF thing fixes the fueling.

racinmike77

Sep 14, 2008
MD
The stock MAF table is very limiting, especially if you add an LBZ intake. Listen to Josh he is right.

If you dont know what the MAF table does dont assume that maxing it out wont work, personally I click on the table add 100% to all values and that usually fixes it, Josh is using the same idea but goes about it a little more aggressively.

LBZ if the MAF table fix doesnt work maybe you need to work on keeping your turbo lit, boost tables, vane tables, pay attention to min and max vane position, add low end fuel, remove (or add) some timing depending on what you have, there are thousands of ways to make a truck go

Last edited:

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
What do you mean? The MAF thing fixes the fueling.

It doesn't fix the delay. X madmax said it helped but not much so I think we need to look elsewhere. as well. Like I said, it does it with stock tuning on stock trucks with stock intakes.

I wish someone had answered my post about this question when I was at home. I can't do sht about testing it now.

Now here is another thing I just thought of. The LB7 trucks don't have this issue. Could it be because they are not VNT turbo trucks? Maybe we do need to also look at the vane position tables. The time it takes to go from 30 to 75% in the vanes is about 1 second or so.......

Last edited: