Question: Should I get a 2012?

nar

Now with less _
Feb 7, 2008
Wyoming
Just throwing this out there but a friend of mine just bought a 2012 CC DMax LT a week ago for 42500. They said that they needed to move the trucks and knocked 8K off the price! I've been looking for used LMM LTZs and am having a hard time finding those for that price.

I've found several in the 45-48 range for lt depending what they have. They just raised trade incentive from 2000 to 2500 for trading a duramax in. So that helps a bit, would make the 45 one 42500 like you said. I agree any ltz lmm they want 40+ for even with 100k on it. I can do without all the ltz stuff anyway. Lt with most things ltz has except leather and center console is way less.

nar

Now with less _
Feb 7, 2008
Wyoming
In case anyone is wondering the incentives evidently went down a bit so it was good to have a signed deal the last day of last month.

fast03

Jun 15, 2008
Rancho Cucamonga
Congrats on the new truck. I really am in love with mine, even in bone stock condition. Just returned from a 3500 mile ow with my toyhauler for vacation. averaged about 10.6 with lots of hills from So cal to Washington state and back. Truck is a towing beast and I just set the cruise and let it handle the rest.

gregking

Jun 5, 2012
Towing in windy areas the entire truck(LML) feels more stable. Definatly does have way more comfortable seats compared to my lbz

I hate the new seats in all 3 brands. Note they were all cloth. I'm sure I will get hate mail but I will unzip my pants and play who's bigger. This is what I found IMO and for what I need:
I like my dash layout and seats althought I wish I had buckets but I don't want to loose the floor space like my brother did.
I think the newer frames don't wobble as much with a load
Wish I had bigger brakes
Exhaust brake would be nice also

I pull a 20 ft ranger boat or a car trailer with car and sometimes a 5th wheel 2 car hauler loaded. I pull 95% of the time with mine and have no reason for any sway control because if I can't get it right by now I better stop pulling, but then again I've been pulling equipment around from to farm since I was 15.
I love my pickup, it does what I want and expect it to do. It's paid for. I am however going to get efi live for better mileage and tow mirrors. I am a man of function and not fashion as my wife tells me. It may be cheesy looking with stock height and my tool box but it's what I need.
Bottom line get what you need, what fits you and your budget